Weather Station Hardware > WiFiLogger/Meteo-Pi

WiFiLogger Reserved IP address

(1/1)

PaulMy:
After more than 5 years I think I need to get a fixed (reserved?) IP address for my WiFiLogger.  It had hardly ever changed until recent after my ISP changed and reset the modem (every time my ISP gets involved  ](*,) with internet issues it takes a few days to get everything back to working again ](*,) ) and has happened every morning now.

Is it as simple as just ticking the Reserved button instead of the DHCP and can there be some other issues by doing that?  I am very leery on touching my internet settings.

Enjoy,
Paul

mcrossley:

--- Quote from: PaulMy on May 06, 2023, 01:18:53 PM ---Is it as simple as just ticking the Reserved button instead of the DHCP and can there be some other issues by doing that? 

--- End quote ---
Go for it Paul, there will be no ill effects.

PaulMy:
Thanks Mark,
I've done it, and should do the same for WLL and Airlink...

Enjoy,
Paul

Garth Bock:
I set a fixed IP at the logger due to CenturyLink sending out re-maned modems every time they crapped out. Usually it took multiple resets during troubleshooting to prove the replacement modem was bad/flaky. So it was less hassle to set a fixed IP at the logger.

92merc:
Yep, I'd highly recommend using a Reserved/Static IP via your router on any of those devices you access from another PC.  If you hard code your device, and don't reserve it on the router, you could end up with an IP conflict.

So if your device is wonky with keeping an IP even after you've reserved it on the router, only then would I suggest entering in that reserved IP on the device.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version