Weather Related Organizations > PWSweather / AerisWeather / WeatherForYou

Update Frequency

(1/2) > >>

JECO:
My dashboard is always from 10 to 25 minutes behind with observations. I am using WeatherLink Basic to upload data to PWSWeather. My VantagePro uploads to WeatherLink every minute. Does anyone know how or whether I can increase the frequency upload to PWSWeather?

bchwdlks:
From the PWS FAQ page:

--- Quote ---What is the update frequency for my observations?
We utilize a Content Delivery Network for performance purposes across all pages. This ensures fast load times, resulting in a better experience for our users. New observation data is retrieved every 5 minutes regardless of station update intervals.
--- End quote ---

SteveFitz1:

--- Quote from: JECO on November 06, 2021, 11:02:31 AM ---My dashboard is always from 10 to 25 minutes behind with observations. I am using WeatherLink Basic to upload data to PWSWeather. My VantagePro uploads to WeatherLink every minute. Does anyone know how or whether I can increase the frequency upload to PWSWeather?

--- End quote ---

I asked a similar question to PWSWeather a few months back. Their response was "the update interval from Weatherlink is only every 15 minutes. However, you can upload the data directly at up to one minute intervals." This can be done in a script by first reading the WeatherLink Live via the WeatherLink Live Local API, then submitting the data just read directly via an API call to PWSWeather as outlined here: https://github.com/OurColonial/WeatherLink-to-PWSweather

Steve

JECO:
Thanks, Steve. I guess my mentality is failing because I cannot make hide nor hare of the responses from PWS. So, for now, I am assuming that I can not easily increase the frequency of my station updates at PWS. Otherwise, I must say I like how PWS displays my data.

Jim

SteveFitz1:
Jim,

Do you have a website you could run a php script on?

Steve

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version