Weather Related Organizations > WeatherUnderground

Gold Star monitoring service

(1/6) > >>

nincehelser:
For those worried about such things...

https://www.wugoldstar.org/

--- Quote --- Gold Star Alerts

What is this?
If you have a weather station on Weather Underground, we will notify you via E-Mail when your station(s) gain or lose their gold star status.
We also keep historical gold star status data about your station(s) so you can reference past gains or losses.

What is a Weather Underground Gold Star?
The Gold Star is Weather Underground's way of saying your station is passing their arbitary quality checks.
You can read more about it here

Can I monitor stations other than mine?
Sure, you can receive notifications for any station on Weather Underground.

What does it cost?
Nothing!

I'm providing this as a service because it was requested by a few people.
Donations for my time and hosting costs are appreciated, though!

© 2019 wugoldstar.org • support@wugoldstar.org
This service is not affiliated with IBM, The Weather Channel, or Weather Underground
--- End quote ---

Mabcmb:
Seems weird that they have this at the bottom of the page " This service is not affiliated with IBM, The Weather Channel, or Weather Underground " ??

--- Quote from: nincehelser on November 21, 2019, 01:46:48 PM ---For those worried about such things...

https://www.wugoldstar.org/

--- Quote --- Gold Star Alerts

What is this?
If you have a weather station on Weather Underground, we will notify you via E-Mail when your station(s) gain or lose their gold star status.
We also keep historical gold star status data about your station(s) so you can reference past gains or losses.

What is a Weather Underground Gold Star?
The Gold Star is Weather Underground's way of saying your station is passing their arbitary quality checks.
You can read more about it here

Can I monitor stations other than mine?
Sure, you can receive notifications for any station on Weather Underground.

What does it cost?
Nothing!

I'm providing this as a service because it was requested by a few people.
Donations for my time and hosting costs are appreciated, though!

© 2019 wugoldstar.org • support@wugoldstar.org
This service is not affiliated with IBM, The Weather Channel, or Weather Underground
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

galfert:

--- Quote from: Mabcmb on November 21, 2019, 02:34:26 PM ---Seems weird that they have this at the bottom of the page " This service is not affiliated with IBM, The Weather Channel, or Weather Underground " ??

--- End quote ---
Why is that weird? The website was created by some enterprising individual and they are telling you that they are not affiliated with WU nor IBM.

galfert:
Very nice website. Probably took some time to create. But this makes no sense. The WU golden star is meaningless. Stations that are offline and not reporting still have gold stars. I lose my gold star for no apparent reason and so does everyone else. Nothing wrong with my station when I lose my gold star.  I'm not shooting the messenger, because I know the messenger OP knows. I'm just venting and letting anyone less informed know that this service as nice as it seems is probably less than useful at this time until WU decides to actually make something of the gold star initiative.

CW2274:

Yours truly,

P.T. Barnum

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version