Weather Software > WeatherLink/weatherlink.com by Davis Instruments

Problem with my records in WL

<< < (3/6) > >>

dalecoy:

--- Quote from: johnd on September 08, 2017, 04:14:36 PM ---....the datalists/datasets cause is the only one I've ever come across in practice that causes the very specific symptom of being able to see the datetime of each record, but not the rest of the data in the same record/line. That's not to say that other causes might be possible of course.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for that very valuable observation. 

WxLover16:
I have to say, everything suggested with deleting files and such, it's all over my head. I went into weatherlink and searched for files suggested by you all to delete and came up with nothing. Obviously, I am not a computer guru in the least.  ](*,)

dalecoy:

--- Quote from: WxLover16 on September 17, 2017, 05:33:45 PM ---I have to say, everything suggested with deleting files and such, it's all over my head. I went into weatherlink and searched for files suggested by you all to delete and came up with nothing. Obviously, I am not a computer guru in the least.  ](*,)

--- End quote ---

Oh!  Sorry.

1.  What version of Microsoft Windows are you using?  [Assuming you're using a PC]
2.  This sounds like a stupid question, but: you said "went into weatherlink and searched for files". 
A.  Please describe, step by step in detail, how you "went into weatherlink".
B.  Please describe, step by step in detail, how you "searched for files".

There's no reason you need to be a computer guru to get help here.  We just need to know that our attempted explanations were not sufficiently detailed, and that we made wrong assumptions.

WxLover16:

--- Quote from: dalecoy on September 17, 2017, 05:46:00 PM ---
--- Quote from: WxLover16 on September 17, 2017, 05:33:45 PM ---I have to say, everything suggested with deleting files and such, it's all over my head. I went into weatherlink and searched for files suggested by you all to delete and came up with nothing. Obviously, I am not a computer guru in the least.  ](*,)

--- End quote ---

Oh!  Sorry.

1.  What version of Microsoft Windows are you using?  [Assuming you're using a PC]
2.  This sounds like a stupid question, but: you said "went into weatherlink and searched for files". 
A.  Please describe, step by step in detail, how you "went into weatherlink".
B.  Please describe, step by step in detail, how you "searched for files".

There's no reason you need to be a computer guru to get help here.  We just need to know that our attempted explanations were not sufficiently detailed, and that we made wrong assumptions.

--- End quote ---

I have Microsoft Windows version 10. Honestly I really don't know what I'm doing so I opened weatherlink, went to files and played around a little with import file stuff. I really had/have no clue where to start wrt deleting files for it to work correctly again. Also, anytime I try to access the rain data it gives me the message: "Weatherlink has stoppped working. A problem cause the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available". Well, they didn't notify me so I'm at a loss of what to do.

WxLover16:
The only thing I really care about wrt weatherlink is being able to see my weather data in the station data area that updates every 5 minutes and currently that is all absent save for time and date, and who needs to view that without weather data!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version