Weather Station Hardware > WiFiLogger/Meteo-Pi

WiFiLogger2, VP2 and weatherlink.com rainfall readings

(1/2) > >>

decix:
I installed a WiFiLogger 2 (firmware v2.42) in my VP2 a couple of weeks ago and have been exporting data directly to WL.com, windy, WU & WOW.

Everything has been working well apart from the rainfall readings logged by WL.com.  On WL.com the rainfall is being incremented in 0.3 mm units whereas for everything else (WFL live data, VP2 console and all non-WL.com exports) the increments are 0.2 mm.

My VP2 has a metric rain gauge with 0.2 mm buckets and the VP2 console and WFL2 are set accordingly.   On weatherlink.com the station model is set to "VP2, wireless, metric".  I suspect the 0.3 mm readings are being caused by an assumption somewhere that the rain gauge has 0.01 inch buckets but I can't figure out if this problem is the WFL2 export or weatherlink.com.

Has anyone experienced anything similar?

Sylver19:
slt , moi aussi cela me fait pareil au moins sur 2 WFL2 acheté aux US

decix:
I raised the issue with WiFiLogger support (support@wifilogger.net).  The developer ,Wojtek,  traced the problem to a bug in v2.42 of the firmware.  Basically, an introduction message (which includes details of the rain gauge bucket size) was not being sent in this version.  This problem only affects users who have not already connected to weatherlink.com using an earlier version of firmware.

The solution was to downgrade to v2.41 and then set and save my WeatherLink credentials which triggered the introduction message to be sent.

You'll need to contact WiFiLogger support to obtain a copy of the v2.41 firmware.

Sylver19:
Eh bien ,  j'ai trouvé la solution apparemment hier soir , dans le menu Setup , puis data export setup ,j'ai WL IP au lieu de WL PC ,puis save et cela a  fonctionné de suite .

Mattk:
Yes sounds like an imperial 0.01" gauge setting between metric of 0.254mm being round up to 1 decimal somewhere

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version