Author Topic: VWS stopped updating via FTP  (Read 1394 times)

Offline thisjustin

• Kinston, NC Weather
VWS stopped updating via FTP
« on: December 15, 2019, 11:48:13 AM »
My VWS stopped updating files through FTP.  It shows files are being sent to my server, but nothing is being updated.   The files on my PC are being updated like they should be, but when I go into FTP Send (Upload) Files, and click Upload now, just the first couple of files show up on the status bar, and then no more indications.  There are no updates, not even the two that pop up.  I have 9 files in my schedule.  Live gauges are also not updating on my site.

This happened around the same time my ISP suggested I upgrade my website PHP version from 5 to the current version of 7.

Any thoughts or suggestions?  I am using the latest version of Windows 10.  Thanks!

Offline Michael M

• Senior Contributor
    • mypensacolaweather.com
Re: VWS stopped updating via FTP
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2019, 12:00:30 PM »
Hi there
I don't know if this will work
You can try and shut down program VWS and then right click on Icon and run as Administrator and see if that helps the FTP problem
Not sure if that will work just a guess
Hope this helps
Also when you upgraded PHP version did it make you change password for FTP
Maybe login to server and change password and then go to VWS and change password there for FTP
Then try upload to see if it works
« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 12:03:21 PM by Michael M »
WU
KFLPENSA29  WU is currently Online Again
Got New Station Installed 9-2-22
CWOP DW7066
[AKA]  Michael

Offline thisjustin

• Kinston, NC Weather
Re: VWS stopped updating via FTP
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2019, 03:38:12 AM »
ISSUE SOLVED.  Turns out I had run out of storage space on my web site, so the files were not uploading completely.  Deleted some junk and I'm back in business.  DOH!