Author Topic: New Netatmo FW and other info regarding my netatmo  (Read 520 times)

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
    • Sunrise Side Weather in Rogers City MI USA
New Netatmo FW and other info regarding my netatmo
« on: December 13, 2019, 08:57:08 AM »
We just got back from our trip and I checked my netatmo. Nothing but dashes in the app.
I ran the setup wizard and the first thing it wanted to do was a firmware update. This fixed the problem and it works again.

I got the netatmo rain gauge for Christmas from my kids. I set it up, but it will sit in the box until warmer weather.

Netatmo must have done something with the barometer, because it is much better with the actual altitude now.

Finally, some months ago I relocated the outdoor sensor into a NovaLynx small instrument shelter. I did it to get a better/closer signal into the house, but it had the side benefit of much improved temperature readings. It tracks my Davis sensors quite well in the new location.

Greg H.

Blitzortung Stations #706 and #1682
CoCoRaHS: MI-PI-1
CWOP: CW4114 and KE8DAF-13
WU: KMIROGER7
Amateur Radio Callsign: KE8DAF

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
    • Sunrise Side Weather in Rogers City MI USA
Re: New Netatmo FW and other info regarding my netatmo
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2019, 04:39:31 PM »
We just got back from our trip and I checked my netatmo. Nothing but dashes in the app.
I ran the setup wizard and the first thing it wanted to do was a firmware update. This fixed the problem and it works again.

I got the netatmo rain gauge for Christmas from my kids. I set it up, but it will sit in the box until warmer weather.

Netatmo must have done something with the barometer, because it is much better with the actual altitude now.

Finally, some months ago I relocated the outdoor sensor into a NovaLynx small instrument shelter. I did it to get a better/closer signal into the house, but it had the side benefit of much improved temperature readings. It tracks my Davis sensors quite well in the new location.

Greg H.

With a lot of rain in the forecast, I decided to install the rain gauge. When the wind fairly calm, the netatmo rain gauge was actually tracking well with the Davis VP2.

It is mounted on a corner post of my deck, which is even a worse location than my other gauges. (small yard)

Wind currents tend to circulate around the house/garage/deck and throw off the readings. I only make "comparisons" under calm conditions. That said, I give it a "not bad"...

Maybe I'll try their ultrasonic anemometer some day...

Greg H.

Blitzortung Stations #706 and #1682
CoCoRaHS: MI-PI-1
CWOP: CW4114 and KE8DAF-13
WU: KMIROGER7
Amateur Radio Callsign: KE8DAF