Author Topic: Ecowitt Currently Accepting Orders?  (Read 870 times)

Offline cram31337

Ecowitt Currently Accepting Orders?
« on: August 11, 2020, 03:12:40 PM »
Hello All,

After a great deal of research I have decided to piece an Ecowitt weather station together. (mainly because of the ability to freely add sensors, etc.)

There is only one problem: I cannot place an order on their website. Each time I try to checkout the site errors out and resets the shopping cart.

Is Ecowitt still selling via their website / at all? (You can't find their products anywhere else, not even on ebay.)

I'm ready to spend money. I just need a place to do it.

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 03:14:11 PM by cram31337 »

Offline ivano

• Senior Contributor
    • http://www.supermeteo.com/stazione/ortelle/
Re: Ecowitt Currently Accepting Orders?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2020, 03:20:07 PM »
Hello All,

After a great deal of research I have decided to piece an Ecowitt weather station together. (mainly because of the ability to freely add sensors, etc.)

There is only one problem: I cannot place an order on their website. Each time I try to checkout the site errors out and resets the shopping cart.

Is Ecowitt still selling via their website / at all? (You can't find their products anywhere else, not even on ebay.)

I'm ready to spend money. I just need a place to do it.

Thanks in advance!
Io non ho mai comprato dal loro sito , ho fatto tutto tramite email a support@ecowitt.com  č tutto molto pių semplice e chiaro , troverai tutte le risposte che vuoi , e fai prima , anche se i tempi di spedizione non sono corti :sad:
1)3 gw1000 +1 GW2000
2)hp2551
3)ws80
4)ws68
5)2 wh32 EP
6)5 wh31 EP
7)2 meteoschield pro 3° gen
8)1 Fars meteoshield pro 3° gen
9) davis 7714 Black
10)wh40
11)schermo solare RAD-14 Metspec
12)schermo solare RAD-02 Metspec
13)Meteorain 200 compact (Barani)
14)davis ventilato h24
15) Davis vp2 pro ventilata
16) GW1001 ecowitt
17) Wittboy ecowitt
18)schermo solare  Comet system da Cometeo
template http://ortellemeteo.altervista.org/pwsd/
webcam :https://rtsp.me/embed/tRhazi3z/
http://www.supermeteo.com/stazione/ortelle/

Offline cram31337

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2020, 03:54:13 PM »
Thanks. I shoot them an email.

Much appreciated.

Offline cram31337

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2020, 04:03:07 PM »
... And I think I just answered my own question... sort of.

The email did not go through to support@ecowitt.com. "543 suspected spams or account(IP) exception"

Certainly they are not going out of business...

Offline cram31337

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2020, 04:41:52 PM »
Thanks!

I probably should have been more specific. The main component of my would be system, the HP2551-C, seems to only be sold by Ecowitt.

Most of the other pieces appear to be sold as stand-alone products on Amazon... which is fine... but I'd like to have the eye-candy console if possible.

Thus why I'd prefer to buy direct from Ecowitt.

Offline KC5JIM

• Senior Contributor
    • KC5JIM Weather
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2020, 06:40:42 PM »

The email did not go through to support@ecowitt.com. "543 suspected spams or account(IP) exception"

That 543 error indicates a problem on YOUR side, not Ecowitt. The IP that your email is sending from has been blacklisted as sending SPAM. You will need to contact your ISP and ask them why they are blacklisted.
Ecowitt Wittboy| FOSHKplugin on Pi 4

Offline KD7GFL

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2020, 09:49:51 PM »
Thanks!

I probably should have been more specific. The main component of my would be system, the HP2551-C, seems to only be sold by Ecowitt.

Most of the other pieces appear to be sold as stand-alone products on Amazon... which is fine... but I'd like to have the eye-candy console if possible.

Thus why I'd prefer to buy direct from Ecowitt.
Just keep in mind, you may be waiting a while if you go direct with Ecowitt depending on what you order.  My order took ten weeks to ship. My order was probably delayed because it included a WH32-EP, but I was not given a specific reason so that is speculation.  Covid-19 was probably a factor. Others may be able to say if their orders have also been delayed in the last few weeks.

I would say buy what you can from Amazon and only order what they don't sell direct. Also, if you have an issue with an item, the return/exchange process would be a lot easier with Amazon.  Plus you are going to get free shipping from Amazon as opposed to paying for international shipping from China so you will probably save some cash. I am pretty sure I paid a lot more because I did not consider that when I placed my order.

I do like the HP2551-C console, but it is basically a stand alone display that does not transmit data to any of the weather services.  If you bought the GW1002 and whatever other sensors are available from Amazon such as the  WH57, you could have your sensors mounted and be operational within the week. The GW1002 includes the GW1000 which is a virtual console that you can view on your phone and sends data to Ecowitt.net, Weather Underground, and other services. You could be getting all of your sensors installed and calibrated and then add the HP2551-C down the road when it arrives from China.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 11:56:16 PM by KD7GFL »
CWOP: KD7GFL (AV640)
WU: KMOAUXVA6
Ambient Weather: KD7GFL

Equipment: GW1000, WS-68, WH40 (w/WH65 Funnel for improved accuracy), WH32-EP (Davis 7714), WH-31 X 2, WH-32, WH-57, HP2551-C, and an Ambient WeatherBridge.

Offline olicat

• Forecaster
  • GWxx00, HPx5x1C, WN1900C, WN1980C & WS3xx0C
    • FOSHKplugin
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2020, 12:58:09 AM »
Hi!

I do like the HP2551-C console, but it is basically a stand alone display that does not transmit data to any of the weather services.
I do not own this console.
But so far I have assumed that this of course also sends the data to Ecowitt, WOW, WU etc. as well as via custom server.
Only the poll option (fetching data from the weather station) is missing compared to the GW1000.

Am I wrong?

Oliver

Offline KD7GFL

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2020, 01:30:01 AM »
Hi!

I do like the HP2551-C console, but it is basically a stand alone display that does not transmit data to any of the weather services.
I do not own this console.
But so far I have assumed that this of course also sends the data to Ecowitt, WOW, WU etc. as well as via custom server.
Only the poll option (fetching data from the weather station) is missing compared to the GW1000.

Am I wrong?

Oliver
I went back and read what I wrote and I should have been more clear.  In the configuration I am using, the HP2551-C is "basically a stand alone display that does not transmit data to any of the weather services."  The HP2551-C is capable of transmitting data to Ecowitt, WU, etc., but I believe the GW1000 is the better option and it would seem redundant to transmit the same data from the  HP2551-C and the GW1000 simultaneously.  I had assumed the OP would include a GW1000 in his station. which may not be the case.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 01:36:47 AM by KD7GFL »
CWOP: KD7GFL (AV640)
WU: KMOAUXVA6
Ambient Weather: KD7GFL

Equipment: GW1000, WS-68, WH40 (w/WH65 Funnel for improved accuracy), WH32-EP (Davis 7714), WH-31 X 2, WH-32, WH-57, HP2551-C, and an Ambient WeatherBridge.

Offline Brientim

• Contributor
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2020, 03:45:42 PM »

Try sending email to ecowittweather@outlook.com

Offline ramblinche81

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2020, 04:33:50 PM »
I had great experiences with Lucy and team ordering direct. I asked for parts to consolidate and ship together.

My order was fulfilled by Amazon even though what I bought was not offered on Amazon.
July 2020
Ecowitt GW1000B gateway @ ecowitt.net
Ecowitt WN51 soil moisture x8 (potted plants and landscape beds)
Ecowitt WH57 lightning
Ecowitt WH31 temp x2
Ecowitt WH40 rain gauge
Ecowitt WS68 wind sun sensor
Dragon Touch tablet display with PWT app

Offline cram31337

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2020, 03:12:37 AM »
Thank you all!
Lucy contacted me.

It turns out there was a problem with the website.

They fixed it and all is good now.

I really appreciate it!