Weather Station Hardware > Weather Station Pictures

Old Fashioned Weather Station

<< < (27/28) > >>

alexstaar:

--- Quote from: ValentineWeather on May 09, 2016, 12:26:43 AM ---Thanks Alex. One of the North Platte meteorologist thought it may of been a heat burst. All I remember was there was TS activity in area and looks like a frontal boundary possible with the drop in temperatures and pressure rise at same time.  I'll include graphs for others. It still stands as my highest wind speed and the house shook pretty good.

--- End quote ---

Very interesting indeed. How often do you archive data locally (1 min, 5 min, 10 min...)? Would be interesting to see the higher resolution data. Sorry for going off topic again!

kcidwx:

--- Quote from: alexstaar on May 09, 2016, 10:32:11 PM ---
--- Quote from: ValentineWeather on May 09, 2016, 12:26:43 AM ---Thanks Alex. One of the North Platte meteorologist thought it may of been a heat burst. All I remember was there was TS activity in area and looks like a frontal boundary possible with the drop in temperatures and pressure rise at same time.  I'll include graphs for others. It still stands as my highest wind speed and the house shook pretty good.

--- End quote ---

Very interesting indeed. How often do you archive data locally (1 min, 5 min, 10 min...)? Would be interesting to see the higher resolution data. Sorry for going off topic again!

--- End quote ---

No prob! Interesting stuff. I'll have to see if I can find the video I took of my Weather Monitor II console recording a 112 mph wind in a derecho. I didn't even know it had 3 digits for wind on the LCD.  :lol:

alexstaar:

--- Quote from: kcidwx on May 09, 2016, 10:43:31 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

No prob! Interesting stuff. I'll have to see if I can find the video I took of my Weather Monitor II console recording a 112 mph wind in a derecho. I didn't even know it had 3 digits for wind on the LCD.  :lol:

--- End quote ---

Wow, that must have been a bit scary to witness!  :shock:

ValentineWeather:

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I do now every 30 seconds but not back then.

kcidwx:
Apparently I made someone happy this morning.  :lol:

She does have her own visibility and present weather sensor on her PWS so those readings are not from the airport.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version