Author Topic: Red Firmware 6.0  (Read 6579 times)

Offline gwwilk

• Southeast Lincoln Weather
  • Forecaster
    • SouthEast Lincoln, NE Weather
Re: Red Firmware 6.0
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2014, 12:04:58 PM »
It took 6.2 what seemed like forever to finally approve my GPS fix, and in the meanwhile I tried to back out to 6.1.  This didn't do anything but unceremoniously exit my controller's web page.  I wasn't too keen on breaking out the ST-Link Update Utility, so I just waited, and waited while exiting the controller's web page and reloading it.  Finally the 'smoothed' GPS fix, the need for which is unclear when my GPS on average is using 12 of 14 seen satellites and so is accurate to within a few feet, got its feet on the ground and reported the same fix as the unsmoothed one.

According to Tobi it looks like those of us on 6.2 are going use the ST-Link Update Utility to go to 6.3 when it's released. :-(
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 12:07:18 PM by gwwilk »
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2014, 01:55:00 PM »
My update from 6.1 -> 6.2 went fine except that it took 614 seconds to get the longitude smoothing to update from 0.00000. Once that happened I got a message saying there was a bad GPS fix. That lasted until the 664 second point and then all was well.

Everything appears to be running just fine now. Will watch it closely though to see if it really is.
Don - W3DRM - Emmett, Idaho --- Blitzortung ID: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KBOI7
Davis Wireless VP2, WD 10.37s150,
StartWatch, VirtualVP, VPLive, Win10 Pro
--- Logitech HD Pro C920 webcam (off-line)
--- RIPE Atlas Probe - 32849

Offline Cutty Sark Sailor

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • Frankfort Weather - TwinHollies WeatherCenter
Firmware 6.3 --- Ready
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2014, 05:21:15 PM »
http://tracker.blitzortung.org/red/Firmware_6.3.bin
From Tobi's post::
- some changes on auto noise adaption
 - fix: web-interface firmware update repaired and implemented some function to warn developer when it is not working again ;-)
 - fix: problems with negative smoothed GPS coordinates after boot (sorry region 2+3)

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2014, 06:21:34 PM »
Since I was on 6.2, I tried the web update (just for grins).  Got a 'bricked' STM.
Dug out the STM-Link utility and reflashed with 6.3 successfully.
Powered down/up and it came back fine.  The GPS smoothing happened in <10s . After a minute, the GPS was declared 'good' and all is running again.   Sure is easier with the web update (but nice to have the STM-Link on hand for these events)
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline Cutty Sark Sailor

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • Frankfort Weather - TwinHollies WeatherCenter
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2014, 06:34:53 PM »
Since I was on 6.2, I tried the web update (just for grins).  Got a 'bricked' STM.
Dug out the STM-Link utility and reflashed with 6.3 successfully.
Powered down/up and it came back fine.  The GPS smoothing happened in <10s . After a minute, the GPS was declared 'good' and all is running again.   Sure is easier with the web update (but nice to have the STM-Link on hand for these events)
Glad it was smooth for you, Ken!  Mine gave me fits... I'd reverted back to 6.1 prior using STM-Link.... flashed 6.3, web interface still didn't work, STM'd it instead, and it just would not get a GPS position fix... first time I've ever had a problem getting FW updated, or with GPS... after about 30 minutes of  ](*,)  I happened to look at the GPS baud speed...  #-o somewhere it had dropped down to 38.4... reset it for 115.2 and it fixed GPS almost immediately.  =D&gt;

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2014, 06:41:16 PM »
Well guys, I can't upgrade to 6.3... I am sitting at my daughter's home in San Jose and won't be home until tomorrow night. Guess I'll just have to wait until then to make the changes. Unfortunately, it looks like I missed the notices that the 6.2 bin was defective so I did it to myself this time. Although, I'm not noticing any problems with 6.2 at the moment except for not being able to try an update remotely.
Don - W3DRM - Emmett, Idaho --- Blitzortung ID: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KBOI7

Offline Jumpin Joe

• Forecaster
    • Joe’s Weather
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2014, 07:44:45 PM »
I was able to go from 6.2 to 6.3 without any heroics.  Just had to wait about 4 minutes for the GPS to smooth out.

Joe
https://joesweather.info
Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus 24-FARS Wireless
WeatherLink Live

Offline Jumpin Joe

• Forecaster
    • Joe’s Weather
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2014, 07:57:36 PM »
I spoke too soon..... I am in interference mode and non of the manual setting i make take... the signals appear to be controlled by Tobi.... am i right?

Joe
WeatherLink Live

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2014, 08:15:48 PM »
I spoke too soon..... I am in interference mode and non of the manual setting i make take... the signals appear to be controlled by Tobi.... am i right?

Joe

Joe,

Looking at the Blitzortung participants page, your site #791, shows as being at 6.3 and Running. I don't see it in Interference mode. There are several other 6.3 sites though that are showing as being in Interference mode.

Offline Jumpin Joe

• Forecaster
    • Joe’s Weather
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2014, 08:48:00 PM »

Joe

Joe,

Looking at the Blitzortung participants page, your site #791, shows as being at 6.3 and Running. I don't see it in Interference mode. There are several other 6.3 sites though that are showing as being in Interference mode.

Don, it came out of interference by itself right after made my post.

Joe
WeatherLink Live

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2014, 09:14:39 PM »
Maybe it just takes a while for things to settle down with the new version...

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
    • Sunrise Side Weather in Rogers City MI USA
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2014, 06:23:22 AM »
Does anyone know how to stop the alternating normal/inverse display from blinking? I believe that it is related to the AS3935 having detected a strike or disturber.

Greg

Blitzortung Stations #706 and #1682
CoCoRaHS: MI-PI-1
CWOP: CW4114 and KE8DAF-13
WU: KMIROGER7
Amateur Radio Callsign: KE8DAF

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
    • Sunrise Side Weather in Rogers City MI USA
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2014, 08:49:11 PM »
Does anyone know how to stop the alternating normal/inverse display from blinking? I believe that it is related to the AS3935 having detected a strike or disturber.

Greg

I added a "user" button that I can access outside the enclosure. This should get it out of the alert mode.
I also disabled the scrolling of the display since I can pick whatever I want and stare at it to my hearts content...

Greg

Blitzortung Stations #706 and #1682
CoCoRaHS: MI-PI-1
CWOP: CW4114 and KE8DAF-13
WU: KMIROGER7
Amateur Radio Callsign: KE8DAF