Author Topic: New web hosting.. Broken icons  (Read 558 times)

Offline Wingfat

• First Born Atomic Generation
New web hosting.. Broken icons
« on: October 30, 2019, 07:14:06 PM »
Need some help with my recent move from 1&1 hosting to Inmotion Hosting. My icons no longer show up. I made sure the icons were FTP'ed in binary mode. I even set up a virgin Base-USA site to see if there was something broken in my implantation.
I searched the forum and found a user who had a similar problem. After Ken (saratogawx) checked that site he said the site didn't have HTTP / HTTPS out configured correctly. I contacted Inmotion and they shut off the firewall for me to see if that would work.. Unfortunately the problem persists.
Any help would be appreciated.

Parkviewx.com

CURRENT USERparkvi16
PRIMARY DOMAINparkviewx.com
SHARED IP ADDRESS199.250.194.196
HOME DIRECTORY/home/parkvi16

Thank you in advance.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 07:19:15 PM by Wingfat »
No Longer operational
Davis Vantage Pro v2
Wireless Anemometer Transmitter
Meteobridge NANO-SD
Formally Parkviewx.com

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
Re: New web hosting.. Broken icons
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2019, 10:43:13 PM »
In Settings.php you have
Code: [Select]
$SITE['fcsticonsdir'] = './public_html/forecast/images/'; That should be
$SITE['fcsticonsdir'] = './forecast/images/'; and that should fix the forecast icon issue.

Make sure you have ./ajax-images/  ./alert-images/  ./forecast/images/ and ./forecast/icon-templates/ directories+contents uploaded too.
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline Wingfat

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2019, 07:50:12 AM »
Thank you Ken for checking into the problem. I had changed some of those directories (added /Public_html) because I was experiencing the problem. That was the only difference I could see between 1&1 and Inmotion. Inmotion requires everything to be uploaded into public_html directory while 1&1 is more of a root directory setup.
Regardless, I have edited the paths back to your recommendations without any effect. Another effect I am noticing is a delay in loading the bottom half of the home page after the two maps on top. Maybe this is a clue as to whats going on. I have re-uploaded all graphics files and directories again with filezilla.

I am a sad panda.

Thanks..
No Longer operational
Davis Vantage Pro v2
Meteobridge NANO-SD
Formally Parkviewx.com

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
    • My PWS at Leuven Belgium Europe
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2019, 10:15:45 AM »
Thank you Ken for checking into the problem. I had changed some of those directories (added /Public_html) because I was experiencing the problem. That was the only difference I could see between 1&1 and Inmotion. Inmotion requires everything to be uploaded into public_html directory while 1&1 is more of a root directory setup.
Regardless, I have edited the paths back to your recommendations without any effect. Another effect I am noticing is a delay in loading the bottom half of the home page after the two maps on top. Maybe this is a clue as to whats going on. I have re-uploaded all graphics files and directories again with filezilla.

I am a sad panda.

Thanks..
When accessing your website, there are 20 errors in the inspect => conmsole log.  All requests for images return a 403 error.
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)
Also when accessing the icons directly http://www.parkviewx.com/ajax-images/bkn.jpg a 403 error is returned.

Check the settings for the folders and aplly "access to all (644) to both the folder and its contents.

Wim
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 10:18:24 AM by wvdkuil »

Offline Wingfat

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2019, 12:43:54 PM »
Thank you Wim for the troubleshooting.... I had Inmotion reset all file permissions and  *most* of the icons have come back. All the image files have the same permissions but many still show a place holder instead of the graphic.

Any further ideas I can try?

Thanks!
No Longer operational
Davis Vantage Pro v2
Meteobridge NANO-SD
Formally Parkviewx.com

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
    • My PWS at Leuven Belgium Europe
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2019, 12:59:42 PM »
Thank you Wim for the troubleshooting.... I had Inmotion reset all file permissions and  *most* of the icons have come back. All the image files have the same permissions but many still show a place holder instead of the graphic.

Any further ideas I can try?

Thanks!
Other icons are generated on the fly, it are icons describing  two types of weather and they need extra icon sets such as forecast/icon-templates/
For now they generate an error --Error: unable load overlay './public_html/forecast/icon-templates/overlay-86x15.png

saratogaWX  / Ken True knows all about that code as he wrote it.
He will probably answer soon,

Wim

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2019, 01:09:05 PM »
That issue is caused by DualImage.php having
$imgBaseDir = './public_html/forecast/icon-templates/'; # directory for png image sources WITH trailing '/'
which should read
$imgBaseDir = './forecast/icon-templates/'; # directory for png image sources WITH trailing '/'

Keep in mind that for FTP only, the public_html/ directory has to be used.  On the website itself, it's always ./ (with no public_html) as the webserver uses the public_html/ directory as the document root.
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline Wingfat

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2019, 02:39:21 PM »
OMG!

You guys are the best!

I can't thank you enough for all the hard work you do for our community. Hopefully this thread will provide useful information for others who get confused when moving to a new hosting/directory tree.

Thanks for the Treat on Halloween!
No Longer operational
Davis Vantage Pro v2
Meteobridge NANO-SD
Formally Parkviewx.com

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2019, 03:19:07 PM »
You're very welcome...

Now, you need to adjust the Meteobridge settings to get current conditions on your website from your station.
See: http://www.parkviewx.com/wxstatus.php for the current status.
You should redo the configuration in Meteobridge like this to update your FTP settings, and change the template for the realtime conditions.
Then, you'll be fully moved to the new host.

Offline Wingfat

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2019, 08:17:33 AM »
Thanks again... The move to the new hosting service is complete and firing on all cylinders.

Thanks again for your assistance and dedication.

Jeff
No Longer operational
Davis Vantage Pro v2
Meteobridge NANO-SD
Formally Parkviewx.com