Author Topic: Davis Anemometer Transmitter Kit (#6330) and Vantage Pro 2 Console  (Read 650 times)

Offline Dick

This is my first post on this forum and I hope I am posting in the correct area! I recently inherited a Davis weather station, Vantage Pro 2 console and a anemometer transmitter kit 6330. Everything works great when I have the anemometer connected via cable but for the life of me, I can not find any combination of stations and switches that will allow me to recieved wind data with the wireless transmitter. The 6330 is brand new, still in the original shipping box when I recieved it. Any help would be appreciated and thank you!

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
Re: Davis Anemometer Transmitter Kit (#6330) and Vantage Pro 2 Console
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2023, 01:32:42 PM »
Sadly (and assuming you have described the parts accurately) the 6330 is a VP1 part whereas the VP2 console is - of course - a V2 part. The two parts do not use the same wireless protocol and so are incompatible I'm afraid. The equivalent VP2 transmitter would be part 6332.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline Dick

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2023, 03:05:11 PM »
Well then that explains that, thought all this time I was doing something wrong.
Thank you for your reply.
My console is for sure a Vantage Pro 2 and the wind transmitter is for sure a 6330. I am not sure when the mfg date of ISS is or was.
If it is incompatible, that probably explains why it was never used and still in the original packaging.

ON EDIT
I also have a Weather Envoy 6316 and the USB data logger. Does that change the scnario?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2023, 04:44:52 PM by Dick »

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2023, 04:32:38 PM »
6314 would be a VP1 Envoy. The equivalent VP2 Envoy would be 6316.

The USB logger could be any age in the past 15 years or so. If it was manufactured before about 2012 then it would only be compatible with VP2 consoles also built before 2012.

See https://www.manula.com/manuals/pws/davis-kb/1/en/topic/find-the-model-mfg-code to find the build date

And https://www.manula.com/manuals/pws/davis-kb/1/en/topic/green-dot-loggers to check out logger compatibility
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline Dick

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2023, 04:57:37 PM »
I incorrectly stated the model " of the Envoy, it is a 6316.
Thank you..
I am 79 YOA and other than a 20$ digital indoor/outdoor thermometer, this is all new to me. I will say my unit appears to be working well however I have the ISS on the roof so I can have to animometor up as high as possible (not ideal at my age).  I installed the data logger into the console instead of the Envoy, thinking that may be the easier route to go. Although I am thinking I may reinstall the data logger into the Envoy so I can relocate the console. Am I correct that it can be connected to computer via USB or to a router? Or does that have to be two different type data loggers or is there a converter for the cable from USB to RJ11 or???

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2023, 05:14:37 PM »
If it's a USB logger then it needs to connect to a USB port on a PC. Connecting direct into a router would be a different type of logger.

You can put the logger into either console or Envoy depending on which one is more convenient given their locations in your house. Sometimes you might want the console where it is easy to see the display and not beside your PC for example. But obviously wherever they are located, both console and Envoy need to have adequate reception from the transmitters.
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK