Author Topic: wind speed on VP2 displayed as zero on the console  (Read 887 times)

Offline Jlou43

wind speed on VP2 displayed as zero on the console
« on: February 16, 2023, 09:12:58 AM »
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Hello,

We are encountering difficulties with our VP2 anemometer: the speed displayed is sometimes not correct, ie even if the anemometer turns the speed displayed on the console is zero, it can last a few minutes or an hour. .. The station dates from 2014 and it is not an anemometer with an ILS sensor but a Hall effect or something like that ... We have the impression that it is linked to the humidity level outside. I removed the original resin to put a varnish on it, it worked for about 6 months and then it starts again. Has anyone had this problem before, I suspect the black component in the center (hall effect sensor), but I can't find a reference to change it.

Thank you.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2023, 12:09:35 PM by Jlou43 »

Offline Jlou43

Re: wind speed on VP2 displayed as zero on the console
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2023, 05:32:03 PM »
Hello,

Always the same problem with our VP2 station, display of 0 km/h while the anemometer is turning, and this from time to time... strange that no one else has the same problem as us, I wonder if after a while the magnet does not lose its strength, or else it is the component that Davis seems to want to keep secret that is not working properly, the one that is black and that is in the center of my photo, with the older generation changing the ILS was easy, that's something else, too bad considering the price of the equipment...

anything