Author Topic: Weatherlink.com, mystery extra temperature sensors now display  (Read 1016 times)

Offline GB

• Swanston Weather
In the last day I notice that Weatherlink.com now claims I have 5 extra temperature sensors. I actually have none. The PC app shows them available for selection/deselection in the right hand 'tools' panel. They appear on the Android Weatherlink app as well as 2nd and 6th reading -1.7C with the 3rd, 4th and 5th reading 2.2C. High and low options for each although these are just a dash.
New ISS transmitter installed recently.

George

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
Re: Weatherlink.com, mystery extra temperature sensors now display
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2023, 03:18:30 PM »
George, if you care to send me the log-in details then I'm happy to take a look. Can't promise an answer but there's no substitute for looking for clues first-hand.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline Dador

• Jejkowice
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2023, 04:30:42 PM »
Restart the console. She gets these weird readings sometimes. Disconnect it from the power supply (batteries and power supply) for several seconds. Should help.

Offline GB

• Swanston Weather
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2023, 05:55:02 PM »
I'll try that. Thanks

George

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2023, 07:40:58 PM »
Had extra sensors showing for years, couldn't get rid of them so just live with then now

Offline GB

• Swanston Weather
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2023, 05:18:19 PM »
Re Dador's useful suggestion
All power to VP2 console temporarily off (batteries  and power lead)  - on restart I no longer see the extra sensors displaying nor the Extra Sensors selection option on the RHS of the Weatherlink.com setup. The stray UV readings are still there although they are not picked up by any other software

George

anything