Author Topic: Davis Vantage Vue Wind Direction Issue  (Read 528 times)

Offline scudwatcher

• Billy T. Forecaster Webmaster csraweather.net
  • Senior Contributor
  • Amateur Radio KC4SRA csraweather.net
    • CSRA Weather
Davis Vantage Vue Wind Direction Issue
« on: March 17, 2023, 09:44:28 AM »
Greetings from the CSRA!  Currently, my wind direction sensor is not correct.  Inaccurate direction is being viewed on the console versus physical observation of the wind vane direction.  I recently moved this weather station to a different location.  During the moving process, the wind vane module shaft was accidentally bent.  I tried to bend the shaft back, but now realizing that it may be slightly damaged.  I will first attempt to calibrate the wind direction module later today.  Just incase, I ordered a replacement wind direction module from SCALED INSTRUMENTS for 25 bucks plus shipping….My advice in moving the VUE ISS, is to remove the wind cups and vane assemblies to protect the module shafts and parts from being damaged….

Offline Stetson1

• Cordera Weather
  • Forecaster
    • Cordera Weather
Re: Davis Vantage Vue Wind Direction Issue
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2023, 06:10:56 PM »
I did that when I moved houses, took the Vue ISS completely apart. While I was at it, order the refresh kit from Davis. Been working like a charm now for two years since the move.

Offline scudwatcher

• Billy T. Forecaster Webmaster csraweather.net
  • Senior Contributor
  • Amateur Radio KC4SRA csraweather.net
    • CSRA Weather
Re: Davis Vantage Vue Wind Direction Issue
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2023, 06:26:52 PM »
Thank you for your response, Stetson1!  I calibrated the wind direction module this afternoon and it seems to be indicating the accurate direction so far.  But, I did order the replacement module for backup.

anything