Author Topic: WiFi Logger not talking to Weatherlink  (Read 1094 times)

Offline NormEmerges

• Epping Weather
WiFi Logger not talking to Weatherlink
« on: February 17, 2023, 03:29:08 AM »
I have had lots of problems getting my Vantage Pro 2 to upload to Weatherlink. I use the Vantage console with a WiFi Logger 2 connected to the local wifi router. This ensemble went live in December 2019. We also have a website eppingweather.org.uk which takes a feed from Weatherlink.

All was fine for many months, then after a power outage we had problems with connectivity to wifi, in October -December 2022, but then eventually problems were resolved and we were back online - see https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=44486.new#new.

Unfortunately once again the link failed mid January, and this time all seemed fine with the wifi. We spent almost a month unable to resolve the issue, unable to see current readings on Weatherlink or our website. Then one day I opened each device's management screen in turn, and took screenshots to demonstrate that settings were correct. This included the account settings screen in Weatherlink. No settings were changed. However, afterwards not only was the upload found to be working, but when I downloaded the month's data from Weatherlink, it contained the missing four weeks of data. Considerable joy at this discovery as you can imagine.

However, the upload once again has suddenly stopped working as of 0745 on 16th February. As I was unable to access the WiFi Logger remotely, I visited the station and reset the Wifi link. That is now working fine, and I can access this remotely, see screenshot, however, the realtime data on WiFi Logger has not updated since the time of my visit (15:32:14 16.02.2023).

I'm at my wit's end trying to resolve all of these problems and would really welcome some help.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
Re: WiFi Logger not talking to Weatherlink
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2023, 11:54:43 AM »
Is there any reporting by using debug? - i.e. deviceIP/debug

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline NormEmerges

• Epping Weather
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2023, 10:46:09 AM »
When I try I just get a blank screen. Network Status screen doesn't look right however. See attachments.

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2023, 12:06:31 PM »
Hi,
Your WiFiLogger capture shows IP 192.168.1.10 but for /debug you have 176.35.101.10:1080, and notice in your previous post your IP showed 192.168.1.69.

I am not very knowledgeable but for my WiFiLogger I use its local IP so just  10.0.0.160 and for debug 10.0.0.160/debug
You likely need to sort out your IP device issue and then perhaps need to check debug.

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline NormEmerges

• Epping Weather
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2023, 03:12:20 AM »
Paul,

The difference is that when I am beside the WiFi Logger I connect directly to its own Wifi hotspot 'DataLoggerSetup' which shows as 192.168.4.1 in a browser. Having set it up and connected to the Wifi router, I can then access it remotely without the need to attend the site by connecting to the IP address of the Wifi Router, which is the 176.35.101.10:1080 address (as advised by the IT support team). So they should be the same thing.

I'll visit when the office is open tomorrow to see if I can work out why the realtime display is stuck.

Roger

Offline NormEmerges

• Epping Weather
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2023, 11:55:44 AM »
Well, I still don't know why, but I visited the weather station location this morning and did a reset on the WFL, and hey presto... working. Didn't do anything else, changed no settings. I'm delighted it's ok again but frustrated it took so long and I still don't know why it stopped in the first place, let alone why it restarted again. Anyway, thanks for help and advice offered.

Offline Garth Bock

• Table Rock Lake Weather
  • Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2023, 01:07:41 PM »
Just wondering are you using a fixed IP for the WifiLogger ? I had problems with my modem which caused problems with my WifiLogger until I set a fixed IP and that seems to have cleared it up. After that it was an uphill battle to get CenturyLink/Brightspeed to fix my crappy DSL.

Offline NormEmerges

• Epping Weather
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2023, 02:58:46 AM »
Thanks for the thought, I believe we are but will check with our IT person.

Offline Garth Bock

• Table Rock Lake Weather
  • Forecaster
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2023, 08:41:29 AM »
While some some have set a reserved IP address at the modem/switch I have mine set at the WiFiLogger. When I had DSL problems CenturyLink/Brightspeed were doing a lot of resets of the modem (we have bad phone lines in the area but of course they didnt listen to me). Having to keep setting the reserve Ip at the modem was a pain so I set it at the WiFiLogger. You can see this through the dashboard by clicking on the advanced button in the network settings.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2023, 08:49:49 PM by Garth Bock »

Offline Greg73

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2023, 09:17:14 AM »
I had similar problems until I set my WiFi Logger to auto reboot every day. This can be done at Setup > System > General Settings. I have mine reset at 00:02 so as to not interfere with the 5 minute data exporting.

Offline NormEmerges

• Epping Weather
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2023, 11:36:34 AM »
Thanks Greg and Garth, those are useful suggestions.

Roger