Author Topic: WeatherLink Console 6313 has arrived!  (Read 38066 times)

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
Re: WeatherLink Console 6313 has arrived!
« Reply #175 on: March 25, 2023, 08:30:20 AM »
Tried that already, wind will not report.

What is it that you're not seeing specifically? You mention windchill and THSW, but is the main wind data there, ie on the wind rose and other wind data on the tiles?
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline Jester

• Pony Up!
  • Senior Contributor
  • US NAVY Retired
    • Castleton Weather, Virginia Beach, VA.
« Reply #176 on: March 25, 2023, 08:31:39 AM »
Tried that already, wind will not report.

What is it that you're not seeing specifically? You mention windchill and THSW, but is the main wind data there, ie on the wind rose and other wind data on the tiles?

Main meaning main ISS (Chan 1)?  the 6313 will only see wind if I select Chan 2 (anemometer) as it should but still no wind chill or THSW. It's as if the 6313 can't collate the data from the two channels to give me wind chill and THSW.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2023, 08:40:03 AM by Jester »
MADIS D4557
CWOP DW4557
Wunderground KVAVIRGI57
CoCoRaHS VA-VBC-13
Davis VP2+ 6163
WiFi LoggerV2

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #177 on: March 25, 2023, 08:43:18 AM »
I have VP2 ISS (no anemometer) on ID2 and roof anemometer on ID3 and the wind works fine for me on the 6313, including windchill (don't have solar on this ISS so can't check THSW).
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
    • Sunrise Side Weather in Rogers City MI USA
« Reply #178 on: March 25, 2023, 08:56:59 AM »
My 6313 console display is working fine, including wind speed.

My ISS is on Station #5 and the Anemometer is on Station #4.

The "Bulletin" on weatherlink.com shows the wind speed on the PC. The Android app however only shows wind speed intermittently, if at all.
The "embeddable" pages on the PC app, do not show wind speed at all. This is only for the Console feed, my other WLL and WLIP devices work perfectly.

Also, several items on weatherlink.com associated with the Console are not editable, such as Location. The Android phone app does not show a ">" after the console in the Devices list like the entries for the WLL and WLIP that I have.

Is there anything that I can do about this? It seems to be a weatherlink.com side issue, since everything on the console itself seems fine.

Greg H.

Blitzortung Stations #706 and #1682
CoCoRaHS: MI-PI-1
CWOP: CW4114 and KE8DAF-13
WU: KMIROGER7
Amateur Radio Callsign: KE8DAF

Offline Jester

• Pony Up!
  • Senior Contributor
  • US NAVY Retired
« Reply #179 on: March 25, 2023, 09:04:53 AM »

The "Bulletin" on weatherlink.com shows the wind speed on the PC. The Android app however only shows wind speed intermittently, if at all.
The "embeddable" pages on the PC app, do not show wind speed at all. This is only for the Console feed, my other WLL and WLIP devices work perfectly.

Also, several items on weatherlink.com associated with the Console are not editable, such as Location. The Android phone app does not show a ">" after the console in the Devices list like the entries for the WLL and WLIP that I have.

Is there anything that I can do about this? It seems to be a weatherlink.com side issue, since everything on the console itself seems fine.

Greg H.

OK, I figured it out.  On the ISS (Chan 1) settings I reselected wind, went to advanced and selected my anemometer station (Chan 2 wind).  Works fine now.  Thanks for all your help. Thanks Johnd for the idea. It didn't work at first but tried it again and boom!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2023, 09:19:28 AM by Jester »
MADIS D4557
CWOP DW4557
Wunderground KVAVIRGI57
CoCoRaHS VA-VBC-13
Davis VP2+ 6163
WiFi LoggerV2

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
« Reply #180 on: March 25, 2023, 09:11:56 AM »

Greg H.

OK, I figured it out.  On the ISS (Chan 1) settings I reselected wind, went to advanced and selected my anemometer station (Chan 2 wind).  Works fine now.  Thanks for all your help.

I'll give this a try too. THAT WORKED for the wind issue! Thank you for this hint! [tup]

I'm not going to worry about the other item with the location, etc.

Greg H.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2023, 09:26:14 AM by miraculon »

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #181 on: March 25, 2023, 09:41:40 AM »

As far as I am aware (and unlike WLL for example), weatherlink.com cannot currently talk back to the console. It's one-way traffic for uploads to wl.com, for now at least. So changes to eg location will need to be made on the console and this will then hopefully be reflected back to wl.com, maybe not instantly but shortly thereafter.
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
« Reply #182 on: March 25, 2023, 09:43:30 AM »

As far as I am aware (and unlike WLL for example), weatherlink.com cannot currently talk back to the console. It's one-way traffic for uploads to wl.com, for now at least. So changes to eg location will need to be made on the console and this will then hopefully be reflected back to wl.com, maybe not instantly but shortly thereafter.

OK, thanks. I'll look into that too at some point.

Greg H.

Online Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #183 on: March 25, 2023, 05:49:04 PM »
I don't see any legitimate reason why comms should ever be 2-way? Would there be any reason?   

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #184 on: March 25, 2023, 06:44:19 PM »
I don't see any legitimate reason why comms should ever be 2-way? Would there be any reason?

Well, one example would be that it's always easier to check and edit a configuration on eg a large PC screen with a mouse than on a much smaller screen with only a touch interface. As users (not all I know, but there is a vocal element) want more and more features, so navigation of the user interface on a smaller touchscreen tablet gets progressively more complex and a large PC screen with mouse is just easier to use.

It can make dealer support a lot easier too.
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Offline WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
« Reply #185 on: March 26, 2023, 10:10:17 AM »
It used to be that all Davis products were manufactured in the United States. Is that true for this new console or has production moved to China?
Davis VP2 with SHT31 (3 complete VP2 systems—2 with a daytime fan and 1 that has a 24 hour fan); CWOP--CW5020, FW3075 and FW4350; WU--KILWHEAT17, KILWHEAT36 and KILWHEAT39; WeatherCloud.net; CoCoRaHS--IL-DP-132; and Weatherlink 2.0

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #186 on: March 26, 2023, 10:23:46 AM »
It used to be that all Davis products were manufactured in the United States. Is that true for this new console or has production moved to China?

Is there any way that the hardware could have been manufactured in the US without a large price increase over the existing price tag. I'm not sure that there is much alternative currently to manufacturing in Asia (and presumably for the same reasons that eg i-Phones are still largely assembled in China).

It is effectively an Android tablet, specially customised to include all the DavisTalk wireless circuitry and with Davis software. So to a large extent it is generic hardware presumably purchased on the world market, plus extra wireless circuitry, but with all the extensive/clever software work being done in the US (AFAIK).
« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 10:30:00 AM by johnd »
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Offline WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
« Reply #187 on: March 26, 2023, 10:41:42 AM »

Is there any way that the hardware could have been manufactured in the US without a large price increase over the existing price tag. I'm not sure that there is much alternative currently to manufacturing in Asia (and presumably for the same reasons that eg i-Phones are still largely assembled in China).

It is effectively an Android tablet, specially customised to include all the DavisTalk wireless circuitry and with Davis software. So to a large extent it is generic hardware presumably purchased on the world market, plus extra wireless circuitry, but with all the extensive/clever software work being done in the US (AFAIK).

I guess Davis forgot to update its website per the attached.
Davis VP2 with SHT31 (3 complete VP2 systems—2 with a daytime fan and 1 that has a 24 hour fan); CWOP--CW5020, FW3075 and FW4350; WU--KILWHEAT17, KILWHEAT36 and KILWHEAT39; WeatherCloud.net; CoCoRaHS--IL-DP-132; and Weatherlink 2.0

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #188 on: March 26, 2023, 11:04:58 AM »
I guess Davis forgot to update its website per the attached.

Suppose it spends on how rigorously you interpret 'assembled' (given that designed and tested will be true I'm sure). Does loading software, testing and packaging, for example, but maybe some other component additions/connections too, count as assembling? But I'm really stepping outside of my known facts here.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 11:32:54 AM by johnd »
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Offline WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
« Reply #189 on: March 26, 2023, 12:08:03 PM »
I sent an email to the Davis sales folks attaching a copy of my Davis website screenshot which promotes that its products are made (assembled) in the USA. Davis has been a good company—I feel confident the error (somehow acknowledging that 6313 is not manufactured in the USA) was unintentional and will be corrected early this week. Folks can check whether Davis has “clarified” its claim that all of its products are made in the USA by viewing this link—the source of my screenshot:

https://www.davisinstruments.com/pages/about-us

Maybe just adding the two words “Most of “ before “our products”…will suffice for the short-term, for the long-term…
« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 10:23:15 PM by WheatonRon »

Offline Andy1210

« Reply #190 on: March 27, 2023, 06:11:13 PM »
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this issue I'm getting with the new console and maybe knows what the problem is or has found a fix? I've set up and configured my console to my Vantage Vue ISS and all is ok, but I only get the tickertape forecast at the bottom of the unit when I'm not logged into my Weatherlink Pro account. I'm connected to my home wifi network and it displays ok, but as soon as I log into weather link it disappears.

Not sure if this is another bug for the list or just happening to me?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Andy

Offline Jester

• Pony Up!
  • Senior Contributor
  • US NAVY Retired
« Reply #191 on: March 28, 2023, 09:37:37 AM »
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this issue I'm getting with the new console and maybe knows what the problem is or has found a fix? I've set up and configured my console to my Vantage Vue ISS and all is ok, but I only get the tickertape forecast at the bottom of the unit when I'm not logged into my Weatherlink Pro account. I'm connected to my home wifi network and it displays ok, but as soon as I log into weather link it disappears.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Andy

Andy, my understanding all is working as advertised. My console does the same thing.  Don't know how your console is set up but I have the forecast setup to be displayed by a bubble icon next to my barometer window when logged into my WeatherLink Pro account.
MADIS D4557
CWOP DW4557
Wunderground KVAVIRGI57
CoCoRaHS VA-VBC-13
Davis VP2+ 6163
WiFi LoggerV2

Offline Garth Bock

• Table Rock Lake Weather
  • Forecaster
« Reply #192 on: March 28, 2023, 04:28:18 PM »
I got mine today. Took a week to get it to the "boonies". Totally anticlimactic setup. Too easy...c'mon..this is technology...there was no challenge! 😀 I decided to not set it up with the WL account because I have Envoy #2 with a WiFiLogger sending there (Envoy #1 has a serial logger connected to the weather computer and Envoy #3 with USB logger is a spare). I like the look and it seems to respond as fast as a legacy console. Time will tell...

Offline Andy1210

« Reply #193 on: March 28, 2023, 05:14:47 PM »
Hi,

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Andy

Andy, my understanding all is working as advertised. My console does the same thing.  Don't know how your console is set up but I have the forecast setup to be displayed by a bubble icon next to my barometer window when logged into my WeatherLink Pro account.

Thanks Jester, I'll give that a try. I like the detail of the ticker tape forecast so it seems a bit disappointing if that doesn't work in conjunction with Weatherlink. There are a few odd bugs - when I set an alarm it doesn't show in the bottom left alarm icon field either so was beginning to think the unit was faulty.

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #194 on: March 28, 2023, 05:20:03 PM »
Andy, please be patient. There is a new firmware release pending (maybe 3 weeks or so, but I guess the exact date will depend on progress with coding/testing).

Hopefully this will fix at least some of the initial bugs. And there will certainly be follow-up firmware releases after that with extra features I'm sure.
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Offline cmelby76

« Reply #195 on: March 28, 2023, 10:16:52 PM »
Hey all, I just got the new console today. So far I like it. Love the color and the different customization options. I haven’t hooked it to WeatherLink quite yet. I’m probably going to wait until some of the bugs are worked out. All around it’s a nice unit.

Offline wxman13

« Reply #196 on: March 30, 2023, 08:52:58 AM »
What is the latest console firmware? Mine is showing 1.1.14, When I first setup mine it just got hung on the applying updates screen , and I had to hard reset it with the reset hole on the back. Not sure it ever updated to the latest firmware?

Offline scudwatcher

• Billy T. Forecaster Webmaster csraweather.net
  • Senior Contributor
  • Amateur Radio KC4SRA csraweather.net
    • CSRA Weather
« Reply #197 on: March 30, 2023, 09:08:01 AM »
Good Morning!
  Please read Reply #156 in this message thread.  Welcome Aboard!

Offline Frischluft

« Reply #198 on: March 30, 2023, 03:16:04 PM »
I got my 6313 yesterday Im running a 6332 for remote wind at 40 meters from my home and a ISS at 200M and the Vantage Vue2 consoles have worked without a hitch for transmission reception from the stations. In comes the 6313 with the hope of combing the two older consoles and reporting data to the cloud - new unit does not receive the signal of the ISS that's further away.  Clearly the lack of external antenna or receiver sensitivity not the same is anyone experiencing this - do you have fixes or seen it before.

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #199 on: March 30, 2023, 03:31:55 PM »
You could set a retransmit channel on the VP2 console and receive data on the 6313 console on the retransmit channel?
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK