Author Topic: CumulusMX.service not found  (Read 1248 times)

Offline KK7GO

CumulusMX.service not found
« on: January 18, 2023, 01:23:47 PM »
Hello,

When I started CumulusMX in mono terminal, I received an error that cumulusmx.service was not running. What did I miss?

Thanks for the guidance

Ron

Offline uziom

Re: CumulusMX.service not found
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2023, 12:43:25 PM »
It's possible that you missed setting up and enabling the CumulusMX service in systemd. Here are the steps you can follow to set up and enable the service:

Create a new file named cumulusmx.service in the /etc/systemd/system/ directory. You can use the following command to create the file:
Code: [Select]
sudo nano /etc/systemd/system/cumulusmx.servicePaste the following configuration into the file:

[Unit]
Description=CumulusMX weather station software
After=network.target

[Service]
WorkingDirectory=/path/to/cumulusmx/
ExecStart=/usr/bin/mono CumulusMX.exe
Restart=on-failure
User=<your_username>

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target
Make sure to replace /path/to/cumulusmx/ with the actual path to your CumulusMX installation directory, and <your_username> with your username.

Save and close the file.

Enable the service by running the following command:

sudo systemctl enable cumulusmx.service
Start the service by running the following command:

sudo systemctl start cumulusmx.serviceAfter completing these steps, CumulusMX should be running as a service and should start automatically on system boot. You can check the status of the service using the following command:
sudo systemctl status cumulusmx.serviceIf there are any issues with the service, the output of this command should give you some indication of what went wrong.

anything