Author Topic: unglamorous VP2 in Upper Peninsula garden  (Read 1075 times)

Offline sadivnik

• Professional botanist/haphazard gardener
    • Liebermann: die VEB (my DDR joke)
unglamorous VP2 in Upper Peninsula garden
« on: June 21, 2023, 04:57:25 PM »
Here's my vp2, set up in my home garden/orchard in Newberry, Upper Peninsula, Michigan.

It took me a while but I finally sourced a 6x6" x 10' local white-cedar post to mount it on. It is, as you see, in and for my garden. Station/thermometer is at ~5', the anemometer is, for now, at about 7' (to clear the top of the post!).

So, here it is-in my garden full of straw bales, tools, plants starting in various vessels, Cats, ladders, piles of rocks and bricks, and other clutter.

If any of the pix manage to get in, my back yard (pictured maybe here) is on the S side of my house, there's a church across the alley (brick building) & vacant lot to the W that allow sun, and a newly planted area of fruit trees (apples, pears, plums, etc.) to the N/R in the panorama (which may or may not appear here).

It's only about 30' from my house & garage, shaded part of the day, etc. - but that's the microclimate of my garden!

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

[or at least maybe; the attachment of pix seems a little wonky]
« Last Edit: June 21, 2023, 05:05:47 PM by sadivnik »