Author Topic: Replacing Vue with Another  (Read 344 times)

Offline hazyarc

Replacing Vue with Another
« on: January 29, 2019, 08:12:37 AM »
Hi All:

I purchased my Vue in August of 2011.  About a year ago, it began exhibiting the symptoms of the dreaded supercap issue and so I started stockpiling CR123 batteries.  This has worked "OK" up until now, but I'm growing tired of having to replace the batteries constantly so I'm looking to replace the ISS.

I can get the ISS on Amazon for around $180 (https://www.amazon.com/Davis-Instruments-Vantage-Wireless-Sensor/dp/B076GWYK3Q/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1548766327&sr=8-4&keywords=davis+vantage+vue) - my research on this forum has shown that you can get your existing unit refurbished from Davis for around $140+shipping, so it's a no brainer for me to get a new device for just a few dollars more.

All that said, will the new ISS I purchase from Amazon link up with my console automatically?  I'm hoping there hasn't been any sort of firmware revisions which would prevent the new ISS from talking to my old console. 

Thanks!

Offline zackdog

• Forecaster
    • Winter Park Highlands Web cams
Re: Replacing Vue with Another
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2019, 09:31:09 AM »
Check out Scaled Instruments for a new ISS.  I got one a couple years ago and it worked just fine with my existing console.

Mark
"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows." - Dylan

Vantage Pro2 Plus w/ 24 hr FARS and (2) VantageVues

VP2 uploading via Vue console to CWOP, WU, PWS, and Weathercloud.

anything