Author Topic: Michael Jackson....................................DEAD!!!  (Read 468 times)

Offline sam2004gp

• Mount Crawford, Virginia
  • Forecaster
  • Weeeeeeeee!!!!
    • Mount Crawford Weather, VA
Michael Jackson....................................DEAD!!!
« on: June 26, 2009, 08:58:43 AM »
What are your thoughts about the Pop icon?
SAM --->>> http://www.mountcrawfordweather.org
OS WMR-968 with a Dedicated PWS Weather Computer running VWS v13.01 p09

Offline Axelvold

• Forecaster
    • Axelvold's weather and photo
Re: Michael Jackson....................................DEAD!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 09:23:21 AM »
Although he was a little strange you can not deny that his music is great.

Personally, I think his death is a great loss for the whole world.
Lars Magnusson
Axelvold / Sweden
55° 57' 41" N / 13° 6' 1" E
WX Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus

Offline WeatherHost

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 09:25:30 AM »
Best news I've heard in years.

Offline sam2004gp

• Mount Crawford, Virginia
  • Forecaster
  • Weeeeeeeee!!!!
    • Mount Crawford Weather, VA
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 09:35:36 AM »
Yes, his earlier music was good, but...

I sort of feel like that now that he is dead and, Due to the fact that Micheal Jackson is 99% plastic, he will be melted down into lego blocks so little kids can play with him for a change...

Also what twerks me, is the fact the media will have the "hype" and "conspiracy theories" all over television broadcasts and Internet for weeks to come.  Thank goodness for Netflix and Podcasts.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 10:35:48 AM by sam2004gp »
SAM --->>> http://www.mountcrawfordweather.org
OS WMR-968 with a Dedicated PWS Weather Computer running VWS v13.01 p09

Offline lddaly

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 09:56:31 AM »
The government killed him to distract the public from what they are dealing with in the world... or not dealing with. N Korea, Iran, ObamaCare, climate bill, etc.  ;)

Offline JOE

• Forecaster
    • Centralia IL Weather
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2009, 10:15:59 AM »
Jackson, Farrah, Ed McMahon. Now the trifecta is complete.

Somewhere Betty White has taken a sigh of relief.
Joe
www.centraliaweather.com
DW1376
KILCENTR2
K9RJN

Offline lddaly

• Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2009, 10:32:47 AM »
Jackson, Farrah, Ed McMahon. Now the trifecta is complete.

Grasshopper, Let's not forget David Carradine.

Offline offroadjosh

• Davis Vp2 Wireless- VWS 14 P90 Serial Data logger
  • Forecaster
  • Montana Firefighter
    • My Website=)
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2009, 11:41:42 AM »
Also good news for me.

Josh
Josh Patten

Davis VP2 Wireless -May 2008
VWS 14.00P90\WL 5.9.9/Plus others!
Skywarn trained
CoCoRaHS member
Smith Valley Fire Dept Firefighter:)
http://josh.northwestwx.com/station/usa.htm
CWOP-DW0711
Kestrel 2000 hand held anemometer
Cocorahs 4in rain gauge
Custom co

Offline Axelvold

• Forecaster
    • Axelvold's weather and photo
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2009, 11:59:24 AM »
Best news I've heard in years.
Also good news for me.
Josh

I can not believe it's true what I read

What evil has MJ done to you?
Lars Magnusson
Axelvold / Sweden
55° 57' 41" N / 13° 6' 1" E
WX Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus

Offline racenet

• Forecaster
    • NH Weather Data
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2009, 12:47:52 PM »
Grow up people!

Granted, some things that he did had a lot to be desired.

But the man died. Have a little damn respect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.theamericanflagstore.com - The American Flag Store

www.nhweatherdata.com - NH Weather Data

Offline SlowModem

• Weather at the speed of dialup!
  • Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2009, 02:05:21 PM »
Fame and fortune does strange things to some people.

It's also sad to see how many people worship celebrities.

It's sad when people die, but that is life.  Nobody gets out of this world alive.

I still have a Farrah poster. 
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline WeatherHost

• Forecaster
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2009, 02:45:57 PM »
Respect for what?

Offline racenet

• Forecaster
    • NH Weather Data
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2009, 03:21:12 PM »
Respect for what?

For the dead, you dumb ass!
www.theamericanflagstore.com - The American Flag Store

www.nhweatherdata.com - NH Weather Data

Offline LeomaTNWX

• Senior Contributor
    • Leoma, Tn Weather
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2009, 06:18:34 PM »
We may have not like Michael Jackson's ways but he was still one of Gods children. As we all are. Hate the sin not the sinner.

Offline LarsWX

• Ewing Weather
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2009, 06:38:33 PM »

I sort of feel like that now that he is dead and, Due to the fact that Micheal Jackson is 99% plastic, he will be melted down into lego blocks so little kids can play with him for a change...

ha ha ha ha ha  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline SoMDWx

• Forecaster
    • Southern Maryland Weather
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2009, 07:56:13 PM »
Wow,  :shock:  some of the comments far exceed what I wrote on another site...

I posted a reply that said " Now I guess my tickets to Neverland are no good".

Well within 5 minutes the post got removed by an admin...

Figured he was a avid MJ fan.....

It is sad that he passed away. Man had many issues. His fans, the media,  and those close to him only complicated the problems.....

« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 07:58:29 PM by SoMDWx »

Offline mmorris

• Forecaster
  • Hope your day is full of sunshine
    • Weather and Racin
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2009, 08:40:14 PM »
 I can't believe all the TV coverage give me a break and to think when we all pass the family left will have to pay for an obituary to let other know you are gone....  :-|
>>Miles<<  By from Portage Lakes, OH.
Been using VWS since 1996 Ver# 14.01P43
Wireless Vantage Pro2Plus Serial Data Logger, Anemo Tran Kit
Win XP, Firefox, WXSIM, Cumulus, NexStorm, Yawcam, VVP, BadBlue Web server, Quake Catcher Net
Follow me on twitter
Vietnam era Veteran USAF bb loader
Quadruple Bypass survivor

Offline SoMDWx

• Forecaster
    • Southern Maryland Weather
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2009, 08:56:40 PM »
Again, society has elevated everyday people who have a job (and I mean job) such as actors, singers, pro sports players, etc. to superstar/diva/god levels. They should be doing that to police officers, those who server in the military, nurses, teachers, and a host of others, THEY are the ones who deserve the big bucks.

Jim

Offline Downlinerz2

• Forecaster
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2009, 12:12:48 AM »
 I for one did not like his music and he did have some severe problems.  But his passing at the young age of 50 is truly sad. And,his children must be devastated!  
   I don't understand why people today have to heap such adoration on these entertainers.  There are so many true heroes out there who day after day toil on in annonymity.  Like the men and women serving in Iraq or Afghanistan.  Or firefighters; police officers; volunteers at food  banks and shelters for the homeless.  I would bet that there are more than one living on your street. They will never receive such adulation and I have no doubt that they would not want such attention.  They are doing what they do for their own satisfaction.
Mark
PS:  Sorry Jim, We were all writing at the same time.  Dan I did the same thing.  :oops:
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 01:00:01 AM by Downlinerz2 »

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2009, 12:33:51 AM »
Money is number 1 and all else is secondary. It's amazing to see someone knocking a ball around, singing and dancing, or competing with other car drivers get so much public attention while others who serve to protect and save lives, firefighters, police, military, etc. get little recognition and compensation comparatively. A war veteran's life style compared to someone who played a sport on national T.V. is an example of this.

edit: oops, well said Mark and sorry to repeat it. I didn't see yours 'till after releasing mine.
Jim also, well put and couldn't agree more with your statement.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 05:44:47 AM by DanS »

Offline offroadjosh

• Davis Vp2 Wireless- VWS 14 P90 Serial Data logger
  • Forecaster
  • Montana Firefighter
    • My Website=)
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2009, 02:24:36 AM »
ok i will agree he is human and does deserve respect i spoke before i thought in my previous post. 50 is a very young age but is becoming more common:( I wish the best to his family.

Josh
Josh Patten

Davis VP2 Wireless -May 2008
VWS 14.00P90\WL 5.9.9/Plus others!
Skywarn trained
CoCoRaHS member
Smith Valley Fire Dept Firefighter:)
http://josh.northwestwx.com/station/usa.htm
CWOP-DW0711
Kestrel 2000 hand held anemometer
Cocorahs 4in rain gauge
Custom co

Offline tomcj2

• Forecaster
    • CanbyWeather
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2009, 09:58:10 PM »
 Here is a partial list from today's obituary notices

Gerald James Brickley
Brickley, Gerald James 90 07/24/1918 06/19/2009 Gerald James Brickley went home to be with the Lord on June 19, 2009 at the age of 90. "Jerry" was at home, surrounded by family after battling complications from colon cancer. Jerry was a retired federal employee who worked for 30 years at the Bonneville Power Administration in accounting. He grew up in Southwest Portland and attended Commerce High School. He served in World War II in both Germany and France. Jerry returned home and married Margie Ann Morrow in 1954. They settled in Portland and raised two children, Jim and Nancy. Gerald is survived by his wife, Margie Brickley; son, Jim Brickley (Kathy); daughter, Nancy Everton (Steve); sisters, Maxine Brickley and Geraldine Jacobsen (Jake); and grandchildren, Ryan, Todd, Olivia and Michael. Gerald will be laid to rest in Willamette National Cemetery.

Published in The Oregonian on 6/27/2009Continue to death notice

Ways to help

* View/Sign Guest Book
    * Create Memorial Website
    * Send Flowers
    * Donate to Charity

hosted by Legacy.com
GUESTBOOK View full Guest Book (0 entries)
Please enter a condolence here    Add Entry
We encourage you to be the first to share your memories or express your condolences in the Guest Book for Gerald Brickley.
Richard Wayne Caldwell
Caldwell, Richard Wayne 57 03/28/1952 06/25/2009 Richard was born in Oakland, Calif He is survived by his mother, Ottalea Rarick; and sons, Aaron and Kevin. Richard was preceded in death by his father, Russell. A memorial service will be held at noon Monday, June 29, 2009, in the picnic shelter at Hebo Lake. Arrangements by Autumn Funerals & Cremations.

Ways to help

* Send Flowers
    * Donate to Charity

hosted by Legacy.com
Aimee Rae Couch
Couch, Aimee Rae 17 08/06/1991 06/23/2009 Aimee was born in Portland and was a student at David Douglas High School. She trusted God with her life and went to be with him after gracefully fighting her battle with leukemia. She was surrounded by the ones closest to her while her dad sang to her and her mom laid beside her. Aimee is survived by her parents, Dwayne and Laura; her brother, Kameron; sisters, Claire and Mackenzie Hissong; and her angels, the nurses at Doernbecher Children's Hospital. A celebration of her life will be held at 3 p.m. Monday, June 29, 2009, in New Hope Community Church, 11731 S.E. Stevens Rd., Portland, OR 97086. A reception will follow.

Ways to help

* View/Sign Guest Book
    * Send Flowers
    * Donate to Charity

hosted by Legacy.com
GUESTBOOK View full Guest Book (2 entries)
"I didn't know Aimee except what I heard through Jennifer. I had bought one of her..."
"Aimee you have amazed me since the day you were born and you will continue to amaze me..." Laura Couch, OR
Carl Payson Dietz
Dietz, Carl Payson 91 02/03/1918 06/22/2009 Carl Payson Dietz passed away of natural causes on June 22, 2009, in Oregon City. Carl was born in Bandon and graduated from Bandon High School in 1936. He moved to Clatskanie in 1938 and worked in the logging industry. In 1939, he married Ollie Rufinie Dietz. They were married for 59 years until her death in 1998. Carl is survived by his son, Lee, who lives in Portland. Carl was exempt from the draft in World War II because he was employed in a critical industry, but in 1944 he enlisted in the Army Air Corps. Since Charles Lindbergh had flown the Atlantic, Carl had a burning desire to fly airplanes. The war ended before he could get to flight school, so he earned his private flight license in 1947 at the Scappoose Airport. He continued to work in the logging industry until he suffered a serious accident in the mid-1950s. After that, he decided to pursue a safer profession and became a flight instructor and commercial pilot working with John Inman at the Hillsboro Airport. In 1964, Carl became the fixed base operator at the Mulino Airport and he was at the airport for more than 20 years until the airport was taken over by the Port of Portland. Carl was the "Pilots Pilot." He instructed more than 500 students to their private pilot's licenses, many of whom went on to become commercial airline or corporate aviation pilots. After the Port of Portland took over the Mulino Airport, Carl was given the honor of performing the first take off and landing on the new paved runway. Carl was still an active pilot well into his 89th year of life. His life and accomplishments will be honored July 18 and 19, 2009, at the Mulino fly-in, Mulino airport.

Ways to help

* View/Sign Guest Book
    * Send Flowers
    * Donate to Charity

hosted by Legacy.com
GUESTBOOK View full Guest Book (5 entries)
"Carl, you will be missed. Jack & Janet Quaintance, Tampa, Florida"
"Thank You for my wings.....JQ"
"I did not know Carl that well but know of his back ground. We will miss pilot's like him..." Richard Calarco, OR
"May God bless you and your family in this time of sorrow." Ken & Clara Parker, WA
Harold James France
France, Harold James 78 7/10/1930 6/24/2009 Harold James France passed away Wednesday, June 24, 2009, after a short but fruitful life. Born July 10, 1930, he was the seventh of seven children born to William and Ella France. Harold was a very young 78 years old at the time of his death. He is survived by two of his brothers, Len and Bob; his wife, Pat France; daughter, Leslie Susan France; and his two grandchildren, Alexandra France Bates and Brett France. He was preceded in death by his son, David William France. Harold was raised on the family farm in Nunica, Mich. He joined the U.S. Air Force in July 1950, one month after graduating from high school in Grand Haven, Mich. He served with the Air Force and the Air National Guard for 21 years until his discharge from the Oregon Air National Guard in September 1971, with the rank of chief master sergeant, grade nine. Harold started his own business in Portland, Action Alarm and Signal Co., with his friend Jim Kirkland in 1960. Together, Harold and Jim grew the company as a successful residential and commercial alarm company until it was purchased by Honeywell Protection Services in August 1976. Harold remained with Honeywell Protection Services as Portland branch manager until his retirement in 1992. Harold's pride and joy were his children and grandchildren. Papa, as he was known to his grandchildren, relished telling them stories of his early years growing up on the family farm in Michigan, of milking cows and churning butter, of eating watermelon off the vine and swimming in the nearby Crockery Creek. He was quick to credit his experience with the military for the successes he had in life. He enjoyed every day he worked, whether it was with the military, running his own company, and following retirement, investing in rental properties. Harold will be remembered as many things to many people, a son and brother; a husband, father, and grandfather; a guardian, mentor, and friend; a soldier and leader; and an entrepreneur and businessman. But to those who knew him best, to his close circle of family and friends, he will be remembered for his kindness, his innate generosity, his curiosity, and his boyish charm. We will miss you, Papa! Services will be held at 10 a.m. Monday, June 29, 2009, in Gateway Little Chapel of the Chimes. In lieu of flowers, the family requests that you make a donation to the American Heart Association or American Diabetes Association .
logo

Ways to help

* View/Sign Guest Book
    * Send Flowers
    * Donate to Charity

hosted by Legacy.com
GUESTBOOK View full Guest Book (8 entries)
"lots of memories. never completely out of my mind. Mort Kantor"
"June 27, 2009 Pat, we will greatly miss Harold. His life was taken away too quickly, but..." Shig and May Oka, OR
"I want to give Harolds family my deepest regrets. I was lucky enough to know harold ..." cindy johnston, OR
"Dear Pat, What wonderful memories of Harold you'll hold deep in your heart! You two have..." Denny and MC Deveny, OR
"Hi Pat - Was so excited when you and Harold move in because I knew his wonderful kids..." Teena Ainslie, OR
Thomas Monel Gibson
Gibson, Thomas Monel 54 01/31/1955 06/20/2009 Thomas was born in San Diego He was a short-term investment broker Thomas is survived by his daughter, Kristina Steputis. A celebration of life will be held at 3 p.m. Saturday, June 27, 2009, in Powell Valley Covenant Church. Arrangements by Crown Memorial Center, Milwaukie.

Ways to help

* Send Flowers
    * Donate to Charity

hosted by Legacy.com
Michael Thomas Gordon
Gordon, Michael Thomas 58 10/12/1950 06/21/2009 Michael was born in Salem He was a welder for Oregon Steel Michael is survived by his companion, Terri Girt; daughters, Sarah Brown and Melissa Gordon; son, Michael; and father, Albert Dilnik. Services will begin at 2 p.m. Monday, June 29, 2009, in Willamette National Cemetery, concluding in Lincoln Memorial Funeral Home with a memorial service at 3 p.m. A reception will follow.

Ways to help

* Send Flowers
    * Donate to Charity

hosted by Legacy.com
Nancy Elizabeth Hammond
Hammond, Nancy Elizabeth 77 12/08/1931 06/20/2009 Nancy was born in Douglas, Ariz She was a homemaker and certified nursing assistant Nancy is survived by her sons, Alan, Daryl and Reed; and daughters, Laura Sears, Linda Zenger and Edith Johansen. Visitation will be at 10 a.m. and the funeral will follow at 11 a.m. Monday, June 29, 2009, in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Woodburn. Arrangements by Simon-Woodburn Funeral Chapel.

Ways to help

* Send Flowers
    * Donate to Charity

hosted by Legacy.com
Mary K. Jensen
Jensen, Mary K. 93 12/02/1915 06/08/2009 Mary was born in Adkins, Texas She was a homemaker Mary is survived by her daughters, Pamela Jensen and Karen Clark. A memorial service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, June 27, 2009, in Adams Chapel in River View Cemetery. Arrangements by River View Cemetery Funeral Home.

Ways to help

* Send Flowers
    * Donate to Charity

hosted by Legacy.com
Lila Mae Kerns
Kerns, Lila Mae 82 11/10/1926 06/22/2009 She was born in Humboldt, S.D Lila was a certified nursing assistant and homemaker She is survived by her son, Robert; and daughters, Shirley Crew and Barbara Kerns. A graveside service will be held at 1 p.m. Monday, June 29, 2009, in Logan Pleasant View Cemetery, Oregon City. A reception will follow in Milwaukie. Arrangements by Family Memorial Mortuary.

Ways to help

* Send Flowers
    * Donate to Charity

hosted by Legacy.com
Merry June Layton (Patten)
Layton, Merry June (Patten) 72 04/10/1937 06/22/2009 She was born in Scotland, S.D Merry was a sales clerk for Hank's Supermarket in Cornelius She is survived by her daughter, Linda. A celebration of life will be at 11 a.m. Monday, June 29, 2009, in Fuiten Rose & Hoyt Funeral Home.

Ways to help

* Send Flowers
    * Donate to Charity

hosted by Legacy.com
Martha Lind
Lind, Martha 96 02/01/1913 06/23/2009 Martha was born in Douglas, Wyo She was a bookkeeper for the graphic arts industry Martha is survived by her sons, John and David. A memorial service will be at 2 p.m. Monday, June 29, 2009, in Hinson Memorial Baptist Church. Arrangements by Ross Hollywood Chapel.

Ways to help

* Send Flowers
    * Donate to Charity

hosted by Legacy.com
Martha LaVaun Maier
Maier, Martha LaVaun 76 06/10/1933 06/16/2009 REVISED SERVICE INFORMATION: A memorial service will be at NOON Saturday, June 27, 2009, in Milwaukie Lutheran Church.

Ways to help

* View/Sign Guest Book
    * Send Flowers
    * Donate to Charity

hosted by Legacy.com
GUESTBOOK View full Guest Book (0 entries)
We encourage you to be the first to share your memories or express your condolences in the Guest Book for Martha Maier.
Dona Jo McClain
McClain, Dona Jo 74 06/03/1935 06/21/2009 Dona was born in Glendale, Calif She was retired Dona is survived by her son, Gary Paul Pace Jr.; and daughter, Barbara D. Bjorkman. She was preceded in death by her son, Micheal E. Pace; and by her cousin whom she raised, David A. Campbell Jr. A celebration of life will be at noon Monday, June 29, 2009, in the Troutdale home of the deceased. Arrangements by Omega Funeral & Cremation.

Ways to help

* Send Flowers
    * Donate to Charity

hosted by Legacy.com
Carmen Elaine Payne
Payne, Carmen Elaine 78 07/14/1930 06/22/2009 Born Carmen Elaine Desmond, July 14, 1930, she died in Spokane on June 22, 2009, at the age of 78. Carmen leaves behind two children, Debbie Butler and Steven Payne; three grandchildren, Trissa, Hilary and Amanda; and two great-grandchildren, Adrina and Layden. She is also survived by the Keith and Desmond families. Carmen will be buried at noon Monday, June 29, 2009, in Willamette National Cemetery alongside her husband. We love you and miss you Mom, but you'll finally be with Dad after all these years.

Each and every person was a great person, and their passing should have been noted on the front page.  Why did Michael Jackson get front page and these people did not?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 10:00:55 PM by tomcj2 »

Davis VP2 (6163), WL 5.9.0..  VWS 14.01 p25, Panasonic HM371A camera. WU & W4U KORCANBY3, CoCoRaHS OR-CC-27

Offline Mark / Ohio

• Live from Mars!
  • Forecaster
    • Fairfield County Weather
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2009, 11:01:10 PM »
Carl Payson Dietz....Carl was still an active pilot well into his 89th year of life. ...

Mercy!  If only all of us could remain active like that into advanced years.   :grin:
Mark 
2002 Davis VP I Wireless, WeatherLink (Serial), GRLevel3, VirtualVP, StartWatch, Weather Display, Windows 10

Offline up10ad N9RJH

• USA Weather Finder
  • WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
  • Station will be back up someday...
    • Forecaster without a site
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2009, 01:31:40 AM »
Uh Oh.  I hope I don't get a rash from the admins or other members for making light with my post in the Billy Mays thread.  ;) 
Rick (N9RJH)
Have you joined USAWeatherFinder.com yet?

anything