Poll

Did you already or are you planning on getting the Covid-19 vaccine?

Yes, I already got the vaccine (at least 1st dose).
Yes, I plan on getting the vaccine when it is my turn.
Yes, I got or will get the vaccine but only because it's the only way I will be allowed to see grandchildren or other against my will reason.
No, I do not plan on getting the vaccine because of medical condition (allergy, pregnancy, etc.).
No, I do not plan on getting the vaccine because I don't want it or don't trust it.
I'm undecided. Leaning towards yes. (maybe those that want to wait it out longer)
I'm undecided. Leaning towards no.

Author Topic: Poll - Have you already or do you plan on getting the Covid-19 vaccine?  (Read 3906 times)

Offline davidmc36

• He who dies with the most toys wins!
  • Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
Re: Poll - Have you already or do you plan on getting the Covid-19 vaccine?
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2021, 08:21:38 PM »
Saratoga, if you actually believe all that, you best stay away from me, I'm easy to spot, I'm the one with no mask and healthy despite all the fearmongering. In the past 4 months I've been forced to attend the funerals of two dear uncles on Zoom. I didn't get to see either of them for the last time at the canceled reunion last summer.

Covid blew thru my household in mid December. We all tested positive and did our part and stayed home for the 14 day period. We were all fine and showed few to no symptoms. I see no concrete evidence that the vaccine will offer any better protection than my natural antibodies nor is it yet proven how long it will even last. Also the few cases reported from around the world of getting covid twice are not well documented. Why in the world would I stick an experimental vaccine in my arm that I don't even need?

I'm so pleased to hear that it was a non-dramatic event for you and your family. I have not had a hint of it in my household. Sadly, the same cannot be said for others.

I will do the vaccine (which is not really what I would call experimental at this stage) because I have no way of knowing if my immune will handle it. But the data says the vaccine will have an extremely good chance at improving the response so it will be a non event also should I get exposed.

I will also do it for others to make me less of a spreader in the event I do contract it and not be aware.

Just because we don't have direct knowledge doesn't mean it has not devastated some.

Offline ConligWX

• Forecaster
  • #conligwx
    • conligwx.org
Poll - Have you already or do you plan on getting the Covid-19 vaccine?
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2021, 04:20:42 AM »
Being in the UK gave us option of either Pfizer or Oxford/Atrazeneca vaccines, we had Pfizer. Both being over 70 meant we were in the first 4 age groups all vaccines in the UK are offered in age groups moving down the age range as the older ones get done in 5 year stages, there was an addition to the age groups for younger folks with significant medical conditions so they did not have to wait to be called by age. The UK has done very well but has decided to space out the two doses to 12 weeks which is less than ideal in my view. The logic being that the first dose would significantly reduce hospital admissions and deaths and this was more important, it was to protect our NHS and save lives as much as possible. However this 12 week wait means we have to be very careful for at least 16 weeks before we get maximum efficacy from the jab! Being out of the EU allowed the UK to both invest in the Oxford/Astrazeneca vaccine, and order very large numbers of doses very early on, unlike the EU which has been rather behind the curve.

Stuart
I live in the UK and never heard of having a choice/option of what vaccine you want. You get what you are given on the day. Any of my friends and family that have been vaccinated just turned up for a jab.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Regards Simon
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus (6162UK) • Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • AirLink • PurpleAir PA-II-SD • CumulusMX •

Online broadstairs

• Forecaster
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2021, 04:43:38 AM »
I live in the UK and never heard of having a choice/option of what vaccine you want. You get what you are given on the day. Any of my friends and family that have been vaccinated just turned up for a jab.

Yes probably not a good explanation, however if you go to one of the major vaccination hubs it is almost certain you will get the Astrazeneca jab and if you wait for your GP you may get either but our surgery were doing more Pfizer jabs than the other at least in the first couple of months. So not a choice exactly  :oops:

Stuart
Ecowitt GW1003 with ultrasonic wind gauge, lightning sensor and PM2.5 sensor with Personal Weather Tablet as a console.

Offline the beteljuice

• the beteljuice
  • Forecaster
    • test site
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2021, 07:21:35 AM »
If you consider that some of the 'Yes' voters are not US based, then the combined Yes, Will, maybe numbers  are very close to being the 'not effective' percentage.

If you all don't take what precautions you can, then ALL are at risk !
If you wait until the death rate escalates, then simple logistics, it's already too late.
Imagine what you will KNOW tomorrow !

Offline stevebrtx

• Forecaster
    • Buchanan Dam Weather
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2021, 06:40:48 PM »
I live about a quarter mile from a big lake and often I go there in the afternoon to enjoy life as I remember it. There is a park and boat launching ramp where I park and enjoy the lake, watching people, families, strangers enjoying the lake and our wonderful weather. The dogs are especially excited as they've been locked down for a year now and they run and play in the shallow water. Children splash and do the things kids love to do. There aren't large crowds, but friendly people enjoying the weather and each other, it's Spring in Texas. Our Blue Bonnets are beginning to bloom it's a wonderful time of year. And, this year especially because I've never seen a single mask there and I go almost every day for an hour or two to just remember the special world I lived in for 77 years.

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2021, 07:08:22 PM »
I'm relieved to see so much positive enthusiasm in this poll for getting the vaccine.
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2021, 07:14:31 PM »
I'm relieved to see so much positive enthusiasm in this poll for getting the vaccine.
Until 19.3 months after getting it you grow a third arm. #-o

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2021, 07:22:02 PM »
Now that I think about it, that could be a good thing. You could waltz around with impunity because everyone will know you "got it". [tup]

Offline davidmc36

• Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2021, 07:24:40 PM »
I live about a quarter mile from a big lake and often I go there in the afternoon to enjoy life as I remember it. There is a park and boat launching ramp where I park and enjoy the lake, watching people, families, strangers enjoying the lake and our wonderful weather. The dogs are especially excited as they've been locked down for a year now and they run and play in the shallow water. Children splash and do the things kids love to do. There aren't large crowds, but friendly people enjoying the weather and each other, it's Spring in Texas. Our Blue Bonnets are beginning to bloom it's a wonderful time of year. And, this year especially because I've never seen a single mask there and I go almost every day for an hour or two to just remember the special world I lived in for 77 years.

With some mild weather finally moving in I will soon get cycles polished up. Outside in fresh light and air has actual benefits and very low risk.

I wish for the day inside my work place is considered low enough risk to not wear masks. The last year has been very taxing. 12 hour shifts with masks is not a lot of fun. I am stoked to have a job though.

Offline stevebrtx

• Forecaster
    • Buchanan Dam Weather
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2021, 07:25:48 PM »
Probably says a lot about doesn't it?

Offline davidmc36

• Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2021, 07:29:03 PM »

If you understand the technology it's basically a biological email to tell your body how to combat the virus.

Unless the message content has instructions to grow superfluous appendages I am saying the risk is low enough to be near infinitesimal.......of near any side effect.

Offline davidmc36

• Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2021, 07:31:28 PM »
Probably says a lot about doesn't it?

Yes. Based on the last year or so full of false information and worse it would be relieving if it appeard to be largely ignored.

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2021, 07:39:06 PM »

If you understand the technology it's basically a biological email to tell your body how to combat the virus.

Unless the message content has instructions to grow superfluous appendages I am saying the risk is low enough to be near infinitesimal.......of near any side effect.
It's called a "joke". I really didn't think I'd have to explain that. :roll:

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2021, 07:39:35 PM »
Bummer though about the concern that the AstraZenica vaccine might be causing blood clots. I hope that after further research that it proves it is not the case. I read that 19 countries predominantly in Europe have temporarily halted using AstraZenica. The US has never used AstraZenica. All this at a time when Europe (some countries like Germany, Italy, France) are about to enter a 3rd wave that is predicted to be big.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 07:42:04 PM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline chief-david

• Educational Weather
  • Forecaster
  • Space Academy for Educators
    • Benilde-St. Margaret's Weather
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2021, 09:17:12 PM »
got shot 2 of moderna.
doing well, small fever yesterday. Chalking that up to the weather and lack of water, DST and working at the golf course. Warm in the clubhouse.

You can't phase me-I teach Middle School.
It's not you-It's WU.

Offline Jumpin Joe

• Forecaster
    • Joe’s Weather
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2021, 09:34:14 PM »
Got two shots of the Pfizer.  No adverse reactions. Same for my wife, other than a slight sore arm.

https://joesweather.info
Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus 24-FARS Wireless
WeatherLink Live

Online BKS97

• Senior Contributor
    • Sartell East Weather
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2021, 10:05:34 PM »
I got my second Moderna shot at the VA on Friday.  No adverse affects except for a bit of fatigue, which has passed. Happy to get the shots and hopefully move on to more normal living.

Online broadstairs

• Forecaster
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2021, 04:10:41 AM »
So far all of the European regulators have said there is no evidence to suggest the Astrazeneca vaccine causes blood clots, in fact there have been as many clots in people unvaccinated as those not vaccinated and no more in either case than would be expected in the normalpopulation. The WHO says it's safe and there is no evidence to the contrary.

Stuart
Ecowitt GW1003 with ultrasonic wind gauge, lightning sensor and PM2.5 sensor with Personal Weather Tablet as a console.

Offline ConligWX

• Forecaster
  • #conligwx
    • conligwx.org
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2021, 04:20:46 AM »
What gets me is there is no mention how normal day activities can lead to blood clots as well.

Smoking, sitting a long time, Obesity, taking certain medicines like contraceptive pill, post op surgeries.

Regards Simon
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus (6162UK) • Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • AirLink • PurpleAir PA-II-SD • CumulusMX •

Offline sky_watcher

• Contributor
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2021, 05:18:39 AM »
What gets me is there is no mention how normal day activities can lead to blood clots as well.

Smoking, sitting a long time, Obesity, taking certain medicines like contraceptive pill, post op surgeries.
Australia is continuing to use Astrazeneca. The fact that the blood clot rate for the vaccinated is not higher than the general population without the vaccine is explained as the reason why.
“The more a man knows, the more willing he is to learn. The less a man knows, the more positive he is that he knows everything...” ― Robert G. Ingersoll

Offline ConligWX

• Forecaster
  • #conligwx
    • conligwx.org
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2021, 05:20:32 AM »

Australia is continuing to use Astrazeneca. The fact that the blood clot rate for the vaccinated is not higher than the general population without the vaccine is explained as the reason why.
Indeed, though unfortunately the EU states appear to have their own agenda.

P.S. I just had my AstraZeneca jab about 5 minutes go. ;)

Regards Simon

Online broadstairs

• Forecaster
« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2021, 05:29:43 AM »
I agree I cannot help but think the origin of the vaccine has something to do with it  :roll:

Stuart

Offline ConligWX

• Forecaster
  • #conligwx
    • conligwx.org
Poll - Have you already or do you plan on getting the Covid-19 vaccine?
« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2021, 06:35:12 AM »
I agree I cannot help but think the origin of the vaccine has something to do with it  :roll:

Stuart
Yep considering the amount of news Brussels and EU leaders have created since the start of this year its amazing they just didn’t ban it outright from the start, would have saved them the embarrassment of eating their words later.

Regards Simon

Offline davidmc36

• Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2021, 06:39:40 AM »
... normal day activities can lead to blood clots as well...... sitting a long time, Obesity,.....

Lockdowns most certainly being a driver of those risk factors it is not a huge surprise to see a few cases of clots.

Offline TraderGary

• Stock Market Wizard
  • Forecaster
  • Amateur Radio W9VJ
« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2021, 06:42:29 AM »
Kate and I both got Dose 1 of Pfizer 18 hours ago.
We had our vaccine appointments at Northside Hospital in Atlanta.
We both are a bit sore and tender at the vaccination site.
So far that's the only reaction for the both of us.
The hospital also made appointments for our second dose in 3 weeks.

Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus 6163 (Wireless) | Davis WeatherLink Live 6100 | Meteobridge Pro
WeatherLink | WundergroundCWOPAWEKASWindy

anything