Web Weather > Weather Website PHP/AJAX scripting

WU-History

<< < (2/4) > >>

saratogaWX:
When you see data on the wunderground page for your station, then the API will be able to return that data via the script.

zeppline:
Thanks ken It is adding data but it is old blank data I will have to wait until it gets to this year.

zeppline:
Solved I miss spelled my station name.  Joe

racenet:
Just wondering, how does this script updates the cached data? Does it happen when the wxwuhistory.php is run or do we need to have to set something else?

saratogaWX:
The WXDailyHistory.php will try to get a complete 'yesterday' daily file (when run on a specific day), and a complete prior-month file when run on a 'month' display.  Generally, random traffic to the page will keep the day and month files up-to-date.  The 'week' file is ever-changing, so updates when requested by the WU-History page.  The 'year' requests are just an accumulation of up-to 12 month files, so may only result in fetching the current month (for current year) requests.  Prior year requests are generally from the cache, and only refreshed if you delete a cache file.

So, no, I don't have a cron running to keep the cache refreshed - just organic traffic to the site (including web crawlers) is generally enough.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version