Web Weather > Weather Website PHP/AJAX scripting

Steelseries Gauges

<< < (2/7) > >>

nineback:
Does anyone know why my gauges work intermittently.  Sometime the counter counts down and the page refreshes.  Other times the gauges show but never update.  Here is the link:

http://www.kq5s.com/weather/gauges.php

Thanks,
Tom

jgillett:
Tom,

A few things i see right offhand. You have two each of the following tags...

<DOCTYPE>
<html></html>
<head></head>
<body></body>

Once you get that sorted out you can, if you like, comment out...

<link rel="stylesheet" href="weatherstyle.css">

That will bring your regular fonts and sizes back to the page.

I did a minor rewrite to top.php and called the new version top5.php (brilliant, eh?) to allow for the HTML5 of the gauges. Because of the mix of XHTML and HTML5 the page will not (AFAIK) pass the W3C validation. You can see my page at http://tiggrweather.net/wxgauges.php and do a view source to see what I did.

Weather Display:
I got the WD steel gauges working easily enough
there is a link to what is needed here:
http://www.weather-watch.com/smf/index.php/topic,54945.0/topicseen.htm

basicly you need to set WD to create (from the supplied template file), the customclientraw.txt
and upload that

and then you need to create the needed directories on your web server (e,g scripts) and upload the contents of those folders to those folders on your web site
and then upload the .html file
and the .php files and .js file (with the WD settings change)
there is a step by step help
you just need to get your head around the idea of directory structures and what file to edit and what files to upload to where, etc

nineback:

I'm sorry I am not a php programmer and have just been following the scripts so not sure about the two each items.  Earlier today the gauges 2were updating but at 60 second intervals versus the 10 second interval earlier and  I did not touch anything.  Now they are not updating at all.

Tom

--- Quote from: jgillett on January 22, 2013, 01:08:10 AM ---Tom,

A few things i see right offhand. You have two each of the following tags...

<DOCTYPE>
<html></html>
<head></head>
<body></body>

Once you get that sorted out you can, if you like, comment out...

<link rel="stylesheet" href="weatherstyle.css">

That will bring your regular fonts and sizes back to the page.

I did a minor rewrite to top.php and called the new version top5.php (brilliant, eh?) to allow for the HTML5 of the gauges. Because of the mix of XHTML and HTML5 the page will not (AFAIK) pass the W3C validation. You can see my page at http://tiggrweather.net/wxgauges.php and do a view source to see what I did.

--- End quote ---

jgillett:

--- Quote from: nineback on January 22, 2013, 07:50:52 PM ---
I'm sorry I am not a php programmer and have just been following the scripts so not sure about the two each items.  Earlier today the gauges 2were updating but at 60 second intervals versus the 10 second interval earlier and  I did not touch anything.  Now they are not updating at all.
--- End quote ---

Tom,

Right now we're not dealing with PHP at all - just HTML/XHTML to start getting the page fixed up.

When I said you have two each of the following tags...

<DOCTYPE>
<html></html>
<head></head>
<body></body>

...I meant on your current page you have two <DOCTYPE> tags, two <html> tags, two </html>, etc., etc. You can have only one each of these tags per page. What I think happened is you started with your basic script template (Ken named it wxnewpage.php), and then copied Mark's gauges-ssT.html (now named gauges-ssT.htm in v2.0.4, but the same page) into your template page. So far, so good. However, as supplied, this page from Mark is a standalone page, so when you copied it to the template you brought over the extra <DOCTYPE>, <html>, </html>, etc., etc. You need to remove those extra items from the gauges script you copied to the template because the template has already supplied them.

Once you get this fixed we can start on the gauges.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version