Author Topic: AcuRite 5-in-1 Weather Station temperature stuck at 33F  (Read 3266 times)

Offline JacobRhyne

• Personal Weather Station Dashboard
AcuRite 5-in-1 Weather Station temperature stuck at 33F
« on: December 03, 2020, 06:28:04 PM »
Our AcuRite 5-in-1 weather station was stuck at 33F for several hours and everything else except the time and date, pressure, and wind was stuck. Could it be the sensors? Tried hard resetting the display by removing the plug for 20 seconds but it gets stuck again after a certain amount of time.
AcuRite 6088M 5-in-1 Weather Station with Lightning Detector
Link to PWS Dashboard:
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KNCCONNE47
Weather Underground KNCCONNE47

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
Re: AcuRite 5-in-1 Weather Station temperature stuck at 33F
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2020, 06:55:53 PM »
Not exactly sure I understand, but the Temp and R. Humidity come from the chip inside the 5n1, so if those are stuck, then the chip is failing, and will need to be replaced, unless you have a really old 5n1, then you will have to buy a whole new one. The display just passes along what it receives from outside.

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

Offline JacobRhyne

• Personal Weather Station Dashboard
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2020, 08:31:17 PM »
We will replace it soon, so thanks for those tips and the product to replace it.
AcuRite 6088M 5-in-1 Weather Station with Lightning Detector
Link to PWS Dashboard:
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KNCCONNE47
Weather Underground KNCCONNE47

Offline brucer

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2020, 07:19:01 PM »
I was getting the -40 reading and ordered one even though my 5-in-1 is older and shown as "incompatible."  I replaced it today and thought I'd pass on two tips. First, sign up for emails on the AcuRite site to get a $10 promo code that you can use when you order the sensor.  Second, the site shows two models of the 5-in-1 with the older one saying it's not compatible with the replacement sensor.  Actually, it IS compatible but you'll have to solder the leads to the main circuit board as the older version doesn't have a socket.  I used a few inches of 24AWG solid 4 conductor wire (telephone or data cable) to plug directly into the new sensor connector and soldered the other ends to the main board after desoldering the old cable.  Just make sure you keep the wires in the correct order! Buttoned it up, rebooted the weather station and all is well.

Offline daman

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2020, 11:02:10 AM »
I was getting the -40 reading and ordered one even though my 5-in-1 is older and shown as "incompatible."  I replaced it today and thought I'd pass on two tips. First, sign up for emails on the AcuRite site to get a $10 promo code that you can use when you order the sensor.  Second, the site shows two models of the 5-in-1 with the older one saying it's not compatible with the replacement sensor.  Actually, it IS compatible but you'll have to solder the leads to the main circuit board as the older version doesn't have a socket.  I used a few inches of 24AWG solid 4 conductor wire (telephone or data cable) to plug directly into the new sensor connector and soldered the other ends to the main board after desoldering the old cable.  Just make sure you keep the wires in the correct order! Buttoned it up, rebooted the weather station and all is well.

I agree I too, ordered one a year ago mine was a non compatible unit but it had the plug and I simply just replaced it.
KMIBADAX38
AcuRite Iris/AcuRite Access

anything