Author Topic: "Resource online but isn't responding to connection attempts"  (Read 4624 times)

Offline RXB2

"Resource online but isn't responding to connection attempts"
« on: November 19, 2017, 10:16:03 PM »
is the message I got from windows network diagnostics.  I've been trying to get my FI9804P to display its image in a browser window.  I have the right IP address,  username, password, I can see live video from the camera using the Foscam IP Cam Client, been sending images via ftp to WU for three years, but I'm out of ideas for getting the image in a browser window.  The PC is wireless to the router, don't know if that matters. I tried a bunch of paths from https://www.ispyconnect.com/man.aspx?n=Foscam.  I tried turning off windows firewall, all antivirus, lowering security settings, cannot figure it out  ](*,)

Any ideas welcomed, thanks.

Offline johndball

• Mineral, VA Weather
    • johndball-dot-com
Re: "Resource online but isn't responding to connection attempts"
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 07:20:36 AM »
Have you tried this? http://foscam.us/forum/how-to-fetch-snapshots-and-mjpeg-stream-on-hd-cameras-t4328.html

Are you looking to make this publicly accessible? If so, I strongly recommend you do not pass through directly to you camera but use something like a proxy (send your camera image to a server which then is publicly accessible). This reduces your vulnerability footprint. I'm doing this on my website (camera send to a Linux server which then is accessible from the internet).

Copying from that URL in the event it goes down:
by FOSCAM » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:24 am
Hi everyone,

In order to assist with some customer requests of a HTTP URL stream for fetching JPG snapshots and MJPEG streams on HD cameras, the Foscam R&D team was able to add these features in the latest firmware!

Note: The R2/C2/FI9900P IP Camera models currently don't support the MJPEG stream.

First, please upgrade your camera with the latest firmware to use these two features.

Please see this forum thread for more information on how to download and install the latest firmware.

Fetching JPG snapshots by URL parameters

The URL example is as follows:

http://ip address:port/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=snapPicture2&usr=admin&pwd=xxx

Use the above to attain a snapshot image, this also supports fetching the highest resolution stream image.

Fetching MJPEG stream by URL

There are two steps needed to fetch the MJPEG URL stream.

Step 1: Set one of the streams to MJPEG.

As the current chipset on HD camerasonly supports two H.264 streams (Mainstream and Substream), we need to set one of the streams to an MJPEG stream, as the chipset does not support three streams. After we set one of the streams to an MJPEG stream, we can fetch the videostream using an HTTP URL.

Here is an example URL on how to set one stream to an MJPEG stream:

http://ip address:port/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=setSubStreamFormat&format=1&usr=admin&pwd=

Here “1” sets an MJPEG stream, if we don't want to set the MJPEG stream, we would set the number to “0”, “0” sets an H.264 stream.

When inputting this URL and pushing "Enter" in your browser, it will return the following result:

<CGI_Result>
<result>0</result>
</CGI_Result>

Step 2: After setting the MJPEG stream, it can be fetched using an HTTP URL.

See the example HTTP URL you would use to fetch the MJPEG videostream. Note that this differs from older MJPEG cameras like the FI8910W, but the videostream result is the same.

http://ip address:port/cgi-bin/CGIStream.cgi?cmd=GetMJStream&usr=admin&pwd=xxx

Simply replace the IP address, port, username, and password into the above URL to access your camera's MJPEG stream.

You can refer to the CGI document on setSubStreamFormat and GetMJStream if you wish.

The new CGI documentation can be found here: cgi-sdk-for-hd-camera-t6045.html

Regards,

The Foscam Technical Support Team

Offline hankster

• Forecaster
    • NFM Weather
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 07:49:34 AM »
Did you read in your other posts that you may have been using the incorrect IP address for your camera? It was:

« Reply #60 on: November 21, 2017, 03:24:35 PM »
Hi
I have read through this thread again and downloaded the manual
the ip address 192.168.0.9 in the session status is the ip of the computer accessing the camera not the camera ip
you client software is using 192.168.0.3 and is giving you a picture, I assume you have made that a fixed ip in the camera, and that port forwarding is enabled for port 88 in your router.
I would try 192.168.0.3:88 instead of 192.168.0.9:88
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 07:54:54 AM by hankster »

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 08:43:55 AM »
Browsers have been getting very finicky with cameras. Hikvision cameras only work with chrome and using IE tab. IE itself won't work but using the extension still does.

You might have the same issue going on here. Try using chrome with IE tab here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ie-tab/hehijbfgiekmjfkfjpbkbammjbdenadd?hl=en-US

First install chrome if not already on computer then download the IE tab extension. Open camera ip address by clicking on extension tab and going to address.
Randy

Offline Otis

• (aka Paul)
  • Forecaster
    • Lake Huron Weather
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2017, 01:03:38 PM »
Browsers have been getting very finicky with cameras. Hikvision cameras only work with chrome and using IE tab. IE itself won't work but using the extension still does.

You might have the same issue going on here. Try using chrome with IE tab here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ie-tab/hehijbfgiekmjfkfjpbkbammjbdenadd?hl=en-US

First install chrome if not already on computer then download the IE tab extension. Open camera ip address by clicking on extension tab and going to address.

I'm still able to load my Hikvision cameras with IE 11.7 with no problem.

CW3699

Offline RXB2

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2017, 04:55:59 PM »
Have you tried this? http://foscam.us/forum/how-to-fetch-snapshots-and-mjpeg-stream-on-hd-cameras-t4328.html

Are you looking to make this publicly accessible?

Down the road, yes; this issue surfaced when I tried (am trying) to get my camera displaying in Weather Display.  None of these cgi... protocols are working, so I ran windows diagnostics on the network at home and got the "Resource online but isn't responding to connection attempts" in relation to my PC's IP address.  That is what I'm trying to figure out with this thread. What does the "Resource online but isn't responding to connection attempts" message mean? Is it the reason I can't see the camera in a browser?

Offline RXB2

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2017, 05:05:03 PM »

Thanks for the suggestion! Using the IE tab extension with Chrome didn't work either though.

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2017, 09:27:17 PM »
Really, its the only way I can see the Hiks with a browser so thought it would work.
Randy

Offline AWL

• Forecaster
    • Ardmore Weather Live
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2017, 11:05:05 PM »
Mozilla Firefox ESR works just fine with hikvision cameras after installing the plugin.

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2017, 07:17:27 AM »
Mozilla Firefox ESR works just fine with hikvision cameras after installing the plugin.

ESR version interesting. Regular doesn't work for sure on 6 different computers we tried.
Randy

Offline AWL

• Forecaster
    • Ardmore Weather Live
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2017, 07:57:49 AM »
The ESR version was recommended by Nelly's Security a couple of months ago and has worked well for me. Can view the eight cameras on the NVR and the single cam I use for the weather.

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2017, 08:29:32 AM »
For viewing, FTP for website, motion detection I use Blue Iris, camera settings I use the IE tab.
Randy

anything