Author Topic: Weather Station Equipment Blog  (Read 1347 times)

Offline flyingvranch

• Contributor
    • KI5OMM Weather Station
Weather Station Equipment Blog
« on: January 28, 2023, 10:01:24 AM »
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

I keep a simple blog discussing the equipment I have used for my weather station;

https://ki5omm.budbrinkley.com/

My latest blog entry describes how I constructed my version of a Cotton Region Shelter using re-purposed wooden window shutters. Most of my station is based on Davis equipment, but I have highly modified it for my own use. I enjoy building my own equipment and much of my station is customized.

If you have questions or comments please feel free to leave a comment in the blog and I will try to answer or help in any way that I can. I have been operating a weather station continuously for over 25 years so I enjoy sharing my experience when I can and I like to learn from other folks too.

Bud
« Last Edit: January 28, 2023, 11:35:06 AM by flyingvranch »

Offline DaleReid

• Forecaster
    • Weather at Eau Claire, WI
Re: Weather Station Equipment Blog
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2023, 03:21:56 PM »
Years ago there were horses or cattle in the background, if I recall.

I'd like to see you do a few posts on the stuff in the box, opening up the louvered doors and let us peek inside.

Dale
ECWx.info
&
ECWx.info/t/index.php

Offline flyingvranch

• Contributor
    • KI5OMM Weather Station
Re: Weather Station Equipment Blog
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2023, 04:37:53 PM »
Years ago there were horses or cattle in the background, if I recall.

I'd like to see you do a few posts on the stuff in the box, opening up the louvered doors and let us peek inside.

Dale

Dale
You have a great memory! Yes I own a cattle ranch and at one time the calves kept eating the cables going into the sensors!  :grin:  I have since re-located the station to another area on the ranch where there is no bovine interruptus.

I recall writing an article called "A Detailed Tour of the Weather Station" or something similar where I showed all of the equipment in detail. You may have to dig around the blog a bit to read it but I am pretty sure it's still there. I have several years worth of blog articles that I need to transfer over to the new blog archives which I will do soon.

Bud