Author Topic: Davis 6313U console spotted in FCC database!  (Read 7850 times)

Offline Chiky33

Re: Davis 6313U console spotted in FCC database!
« Reply #75 on: January 13, 2023, 01:24:11 AM »
Hello,

Thanks for the answers.
I explain myself concerning the data of the "master" console:

I would like to be able to connect the new console to the WeatherLink.com site with my existing account and to be able to directly see my annual/monthly data from all my previous data saved in my account. (which contain data from my VP2+ and my AirLink :lol:)
But don't double pass the new values emitted by the new console, since the WLL is already doing the job.

Thanks.

Offline mcrossley

• Forecaster
    • Wilmslow Astro
« Reply #76 on: January 13, 2023, 04:48:43 AM »
If you connect both to wl.com then you would have two stations under your account, both uploading the same data (apart from inside temp and the pressure). If you want to see one set of data then just leave the WLL connected as that will have your historic data and do not connect the new console.

I'm not seeing why you would want to connect the console as well if you do not want to view the data from it.
Mark

Offline Chiky33

« Reply #77 on: January 13, 2023, 07:24:45 AM »
The idea is to be able to use the new console to see data from previous years already recorded by the WLL.
In fact, as if the new console was a computer or a mobile phone.

Offline mcrossley

• Forecaster
    • Wilmslow Astro
« Reply #78 on: January 13, 2023, 07:52:42 AM »
Ah, I see. Though I doubt it will have the ability to download historic data from wl.com even if you could copy the data across.

I'd ask Davis support though - it may be a feature they will consider.
Mark

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #79 on: January 21, 2023, 11:05:44 AM »
Within a few weeks the new console will replace the old one in both complete Vue (6242 station) and VP2 (6252) stations. The 6250 and 6152 stations will be officially discontinued, though the legacy consoles will remain available as separate items.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2023, 11:15:00 AM by johnd »
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline Ra1nman

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #80 on: January 21, 2023, 11:09:23 AM »
Within a few weeks the new console will replace the old one in both complete Vue (6242 station) and VP2 (6252) stations. The 6250 and 6152 stations will be officially discontinued.

Suspected so, wonder what the prices will be, surely at least £100 extra in the UK, possibly more. Good chance for Davis to grab some more sales by not putting the price up :eek:
Ecowitt WS90 ׀ GW2000 ׀ WH51 ׀ WH32EP ׀ WH40

Offline Mapantz

• Forecaster
    • Wareham Weather
« Reply #81 on: January 27, 2023, 04:18:36 PM »
So, £395 is now appearing on UK weather station retailers?! Still overpriced, but easier to swallow than the £499 I saw at the beginning.

Offline Ra1nman

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #82 on: January 28, 2023, 06:26:10 AM »
So, £395 is now appearing on UK weather station retailers?! Still overpriced, but easier to swallow than the £499 I saw at the beginning.

How does that relate to existing console pricing I wonder, will bundles stay the same or become £100 more than current.
Ecowitt WS90 ׀ GW2000 ׀ WH51 ׀ WH32EP ׀ WH40

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #83 on: January 28, 2023, 06:47:50 AM »
International dealers buy from Davis at trade prices fixed by the Davis US RRP prices, though (1) the trade discounts vary across different product types and (2) international dealers will set their own prices based on whatever margin is needed for the business to remain viable plus all the extra costs involved in being an official international Davis dealer, discussed previously. (But of course the Davis RRP is the key input cost).

The last Davis 2022 RRP for 6152 I can quickly see was $790, but rising to $925 for 2023, while 6252 (the new 6152 equivalent but with the new console) is $975. So some price rises for new stock in 2023 seem unavoidable, but whether you attribute that to price rises in general or to the new console is moot. In reality it will be a mixture of the two.
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
    • Sunrise Side Weather in Rogers City MI USA
« Reply #84 on: January 29, 2023, 08:30:20 AM »
Has anyone received the 6313 Console yet? I preordered mine through Scaled Instruments, but I had the impression that direct orders from Davis would have priority. I was wondering if anyone got one yet.

Greg H.

Blitzortung Stations #706 and #1682
CoCoRaHS: MI-PI-1
CWOP: CW4114 and KE8DAF-13
WU: KMIROGER7
Amateur Radio Callsign: KE8DAF

Offline RainmanWeather

• Senior Contributor
    • RainmanWeather
« Reply #85 on: January 30, 2023, 08:42:37 AM »
Has anyone received the 6313 Console yet? I preordered mine through Scaled Instruments, but I had the impression that direct orders from Davis would have priority. I was wondering if anyone got one yet.

Greg H.

According to Davis, it is still about 6 weeks out.

Offline Mapantz

• Forecaster
    • Wareham Weather
« Reply #86 on: January 30, 2023, 10:46:21 AM »
Does anyone know if you can show the Davis AirLink data on the new console?

Offline colonieweather

• Contributor
    • Colonie Weather Online
« Reply #87 on: January 30, 2023, 02:53:15 PM »
What if you have a VP2 cabled station?  Is the console only compatible with wireless versions?
Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus
WeatherLink v6.0.5
colonieweatheronline.com
Wx Underground - KNYCOLON3
APRS/CWOP - EW0288

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #88 on: January 30, 2023, 04:47:25 PM »
What if you have a VP2 cabled station?  Is the console only compatible with wireless versions?

Yes, correct, the new console seems to be only wireless-compatible. 6152C and 6162C remain in the 2023 pricelist as the current models for cabled stations, ie there is no 6252C station.
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Offline Smithee

« Reply #89 on: February 22, 2023, 05:13:00 AM »
Morning all,

Just to note for those waiting in the UK  - mine arrived yesterday, from ProData. Its not bad - does what it needs to do, the fonts/graphics are quite nice. It basically replaces the old console, or in my case i kept the old one, as its linked to weewx and it retransmits, it also uploads to weatherlink.

So not bad - £399 so also not cheap by any means but i see they will be bundled with weather stations in coming months so they will become the norm.

One annoying thing - it does not allow data from a Davis Air Quality unit to be shown, as thats also on weather link i would have thought it might have been an option.

Andy

Offline Garth Bock

• Table Rock Lake Weather
  • Forecaster
« Reply #90 on: February 22, 2023, 08:58:50 PM »
Just a thought that you all may have had... but Davis has a new console. Color, high tech looking, matching other companies and their color consoles.. could this be the first part of a soon to come VP3 ? ISS refresh ? Adding lightning detection ? Adding improved features? I mean they surely didn't pump out a new console to please all of us or tie it to a legacy station without a reason. Right ? Fingers crossed!

Offline WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
« Reply #91 on: February 22, 2023, 10:52:27 PM »
Just a thought that you all may have had... but Davis has a new console. Color, high tech looking, matching other companies and their color consoles.. could this be the first part of a soon to come VP3 ? ISS refresh ? Adding lightning detection ? Adding improved features? I mean they surely didn't pump out a new console to please all of us or tie it to a legacy station without a reason. Right ? Fingers crossed!

See this thread.

https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=45032.msg457516#msg457516

Davis VP2 with SHT31 (3 complete VP2 systems—2 with a daytime fan and 1 that has a 24 hour fan); CWOP--CW5020, FW3075 and FW4350; WU--KILWHEAT17, KILWHEAT36 and KILWHEAT39; WeatherCloud.net; CoCoRaHS--IL-DP-132; and Weatherlink 2.0

Offline Stormbringer

« Reply #92 on: March 07, 2023, 01:56:28 PM »
Nice display unit, but I prefer the functionality of the old console with a meteobridge nano.

Offline thomas

• Contributor
« Reply #93 on: March 07, 2023, 02:11:45 PM »
I have the new console on order, but see a lot of people talk about how much they like the old heathkit.  That by far was my favorite weather station of all time.  You can kind of clone one, I use an old lenovo tiny thinkcentre-envoy-wxsolution software-with a spare monitor.  This gives me a nice wall mounted weather station for a lot less than what I am paying for the new console.

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #94 on: March 07, 2023, 03:30:54 PM »
Nice display unit, but I prefer the functionality of the old console with a meteobridge nano.

Davis removing other interface capabilities going forward  :eek:

Offline Stormbringer

« Reply #95 on: March 08, 2023, 08:11:52 AM »

Time to look for viable alternatives (to Davis) then.

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #96 on: March 08, 2023, 09:22:54 AM »

Wild and pointless speculation. There is no evidence at all that there are plans to discontinue either the Envoy or Weatherlink Live.
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #97 on: March 08, 2023, 04:13:54 PM »

Wild and pointless speculation. There is no evidence at all that there are plans to discontinue either the Envoy or Weatherlink Live.

Hindsight is such a wonderful thing and frankly nobody knows what their plans are so one can't rule it in or out? Maybe you can confirm why the 6110 WLL Vanatge Vue ISS is a discontinued item? 

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #98 on: March 09, 2023, 05:42:36 AM »
Maybe you can confirm why the 6110 WLL Vanatge Vue ISS is a discontinued item?

TBH You will need to ask Davis. But my take is this: A year or two back, Davis went overboard in starting to offer bundles of items that were already available as separate components, and the 6110 Vue bundle is one such example. Maybe the slow bundle sales didn't justify the extra costs at Davis, or perhaps Davis took note of pushback from some dealers complaining that there were starting to be too many overlapping products to hold on their inventory. If you need to hold significant numbers of 6110 as well as 6100, 6351, 6357 and 6250 then it adds materially to the capital tied up in stocks. OK, this is just one extra item but the principle is clear and applies to various other items too.

Bottom line is all the noises coming our of Davis suggest that both 6100 WLL and 6316 Envoy are going to continue to be available long-term, as will 6357 Vue ISS. So the equivalent of the 6110 bundle will continue to live on, even if the slow-selling bundle itself has been withdrawn.

Every year when the new price list is released (usually January), there are typically some new products and some rationalisation of slow-selling or superseded products. I don't think there is anything new to see here with 6110.

One last thought: If WLL and Envoy were ever both withdrawn then I can see sales of MBPro2 skyrocketing. It's not as if there is zero competition in meeting the demand from a subset of hobbyists for a device with a local API.
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Offline kobuki

• Forecaster
« Reply #99 on: March 10, 2023, 08:43:02 AM »
Sorry for sounding negative, but my feelings regarding this device are... too little, too late and too expensive.