Author Topic: Multiple Weather Stations  (Read 849 times)

Offline snowman

Multiple Weather Stations
« on: January 08, 2020, 09:17:58 AM »
I hope this is the proper place to post this....

I have been gleaning all the great info on this site the last few days. One thing I noticed is in the members signatures some list multiple stations.

For reasons I haven't figured out yet (insanity?) I am about to have 2 complete weather stations and the possibility of obtaining a third.

So the question is - do those of you who own multiple stations actually have multiple stations deployed at the same time?

Just trying to see if I am crazy or not alone....
It is what it is

Davis VP2 (soon to be parted with)
WS-2902A
WS-2000 on the way

Offline azkiwi

• Senior Contributor
    • Maricopa, Sonoran Desert, Arizona
Re: Multiple Weather Stations
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2020, 09:35:09 AM »
Hi snowman,

yes I do... 3 of them... All ald netbooks...  ONe is my production system, publishes to my website and sends data to CWOP, Awekas, PWSweather, Anything weather and one other. 

I use one netbook as my test system, it's always the first one I do win 10's updates on, and when I need to do bulk Saratoga-WX PHP etc updates before I put them on the production system.. Learned this a hard way...

The 3rd one, a netbook running XP(!) is a destructive test system, used when I'm R&R'ing components or when I'm testing components I've scrounged to determine if they work, how accurate they are etc, and then they go to my spare parts box.

My main station has been running since 2003, with parts being replaced as needed.  The super heat of the Sonoran Desert is damn hard on the outside components..

Ken

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2020, 09:36:32 AM »
There are several reasons to have more than one station and none of them are insanity. Although having more than one station at the same location can cause you to become insane. As the saying goes, "Man with one watch knows what time it is. Man with two watches is never sure."

Another possibility is that many people list more than one station because they manage different locations (beach house, parent's house, etc.).
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 09:38:58 AM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline snowman

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2020, 10:40:17 AM »
There are several reasons to have more than one station and none of them are insanity. Although having more than one station at the same location can cause you to become insane. As the saying goes, "Man with one watch knows what time it is. Man with two watches is never sure."

Another possibility is that many people list more than one station because they manage different locations (beach house, parent's house, etc.).

Never though of multiple locations - so much is possible now with wireless internet and all....

And loved your analogy with the watches!

It is what it is

Davis VP2 (soon to be parted with)
WS-2902A
WS-2000 on the way

Offline Dyacon.com

• Eugene
    • Dyacon
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2020, 03:41:50 PM »
snowman,

I don't know where this project is going, but you might want to keep an eye on it: https://www.simplyclime.pl/

Our DyaconLive portal has multi-station capability and a network page is coming soon. But, this would typically not be something applicable to hobby users.
Eugene
Product Engineer
Dyacon.com

anything