Author Topic: Vantage Vue with weatherlink. Live monitoring capability  (Read 298 times)

Offline Windsphere

Vantage Vue with weatherlink. Live monitoring capability
« on: April 25, 2021, 04:58:47 PM »
Considering the above bundle with the Weatherlink live.

This is strickly a remote usage scenario.

All I want to do is pull up an app on android, and view live weather conditions, with 1 to 2 seconds maximum lag.

Will be running behind CGNAT (double nat) and port forwarding is not an option unless I do a VPN thing at some point.

If I read the Davis feature chart, it only list 3rd party upload lag rates and not live viewing lag rate.

Will the $0 basic plan allow live viewing or is live viewing only available if on the same local network? (which I suspect will be the case, so remote desktop will get me closer to my goal)

I have minimal programming skills and have a VPS for blynk applications, and am not opposed to going that route if it's even possible with an available API from Davis.

Thanks in advance

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
Re: Vantage Vue with weatherlink. Live monitoring capability
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2021, 05:15:07 PM »
Will the $0 basic plan allow live viewing or is live viewing only available if on the same local network?

Correct. All uploads of current conditions to weatherlink.com are at 1 minute interval, whether Basic or Pro plans. To get updates at 2-3 secs (which is the max you're going to get) you'll need either remote access into the LAN (though I'm not sure how an app is going to detect that, but maybe there's a way) or you need some computer on the LAN pumping out data to a remote server somewhere at 2-3 sec intervals (eg via MQTT or some such). But you'll still need a front-end app on your viewing device which potentially has its own problems.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.