Author Topic: WEATHER34 TEMPLATE with meteobridge options  (Read 87040 times)

Offline GeoAir.pt

Re: WEATHER34 TEMPLATE with meteobridge options
« Reply #675 on: July 24, 2019, 09:19:03 AM »
Translators Needed
I need to get together a group of people fluent in the languages offered by HWS. If anyone is willing to help out, please PM a list of languages that you are fluent in and a contact email for you. I will update the list below as people (hopefully) volunteer. As encouragement, know that for any language that doesn't have someone volunteer, Google Translate will have to be used instead, and we all know how amazing it is at accurately translating........

• Catalan
  • Danish: @gand
  • German
  • French
  • Greek
  • Hungarian
  • Italian
  • Dutch
  • Norwegian: @Torjan
  • Polish
  • Russian: @alexeysailman
  • Swedish
  • Spanish: @txweather.org
  • Swedish
  • Turkish

If I missed any languages, please let me know. If you would like a new language added, again, please let me know.

I can help with the portuguese (PT-PT) translation.

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #676 on: July 24, 2019, 08:02:50 PM »
Quick little amendment to yesterdays update

Fixed some typos in the setup page, and some formatting/spacing issues in the menu.

Update with git pull or replace these files if you don't use git (right click => save link as)

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #677 on: July 25, 2019, 08:01:01 PM »
Need a little help here from people outside the USA. I'm planning to add NOAA GOES animated maps to the template, but they only cover North and South America. Does anyone know of any similar maps that are automatically updated for other parts of the world? Preferably real satellite images rather than Google Maps like images with clouds drawn over them. An example of one for my area is

Offline the beteljuice

• the beteljuice
  • Forecaster
    • test site
« Reply #678 on: July 25, 2019, 10:15:49 PM »
Have you seen ... https://en.sat24.com/en/freeimages  approx. 45min delay on delivery (their static history pics are usually 5 > 13 min old ?)

sun & clouds actually changes to a different scale infrared ani when the lights go out, better to opt for infrared to start with.
Imagine what you will KNOW tomorrow !

Offline Scubad

« Reply #679 on: August 06, 2019, 04:40:32 PM »
I'm using the Weather34 Template with the Beta scripts, so i don't have mysql installed.  Running on a local MAMP server via a NanoSD.

All up and running but I saw that the real feel is way out of whack.  Plus the Wet Bulb is having issues.

Thoughts on why?   [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Dennis
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 06:35:21 PM by Scubad »

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #680 on: August 06, 2019, 09:42:57 PM »
I'm using the Weather34 Template with the Beta scripts, so i don't have mysql installed.  Running on a local MAMP server via a NanoSD.

All up and running but I saw that the real free is way out of whack.

Thoughts on why?   [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Dennis

That is Brian's new template that is exclusively for Davis VP2s with a NanoSD. He's in the middle of moving houses and will be gone for several months. Since it's not an update for this template, I imagine he'll be starting a new thread for it when he's done with his move.

Also, I intend to continue updating this template independently of his new version.

A little bit of a State of the Template update, I'm working on integrating the charts that are built into the MB Pro and Nano SD as a second option for the templates charts. One big advantage is that the charts get data directly from your MB Pro or Nano SD, so new users will have charts that already contain as much of a history as their MB does, and there is no MySQL server or .csv files to deal with on your server, and *hopefully*, no cronjobs to setup on your MB Services tab. The last bit is still being worked on to ensure reliability, but I don't see any reason that it won't work.

Of course, down side is that the new charts are only available to Pro or NanoSD users since the "normal" MB versions like the TP-Link one do not have an internal database to pull data from. If you are a "normal" MB user, don't worry, the mbcharts option isn't going anywhere.

Offline Scubad

« Reply #681 on: August 06, 2019, 10:24:10 PM »
Thanks for the response.  So as a new user/new station owner, which should I deploy?

Trying to get things to work on my hosting provider(bluehost).  So should i just bite the bullet and use yours and deploy a db?

Thanks for the advice.

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #682 on: August 06, 2019, 10:33:19 PM »
Thanks for the response.  So as a new user/new station owner, which should I deploy?

Trying to get things to work on my hosting provider(bluehost).  So should i just bite the bullet and use yours and deploy a db?

Thanks for the advice.

Especially considering Brian is in the middle of a big move and his earliest estimate for when he's releasing his new version is December 2019, I'd recommend using my version. Setup the database for mbcharts. I hope to have the initial release of the new charts out in a couple weeks. Gotta work out some positioning issues with the mobile portrait version of the charts and finish getting the coloring to match the template themes.

Checkout the yearly and daily charts on https://BaxleyWeather.com to get an early preview of the new charts.

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
    • https://weather34.com/homeweatherstation
« Reply #683 on: August 07, 2019, 01:11:26 AM »

Thanks for the advice.

Good morning

that Beta version is a long way off and is just a personal project, there are only a few users collaborating and weening out the discrepancies and each day I spend an hour each morning going through the list of things todo ,cross it off move on the next there is not many left mostly languages,importing chart data(barometer).the wetbulb/feels like was addressed yesterday .

It  is 100% not a replacement for William's version https://github.com/lightmaster/Meteobridge-Weather34-Template he maintains and improves and I have no intention of creating a another thread. Williams version is more flexible and supports a wider array of configurations, hardware has more to offer for those that want more .
also Im in absolutely no position to offer any dependable or regular support ,its a personal project thats all .its 100% not ready for primetime and may never be though one user is finding things ok https://singaporeweather.info . once *note once its stable it will be archived and only available on request based on you have a GITHUB account. Cant reiterate enough its a personal project and gives me the chance dabble in many new CSS features where supported by browsers *css GRID amazing results and flexibility , last few years flexbox was the best around but the feature css GRID is pretty neat, more powerful and easy to produce layouts ,though its been around for around 3 years its now being fully supported in most modern browsers ..https://cssgrid-generator.netlify.com https://learncssgrid.com

William i tried the using the internal charts last year , two things observed slow performance due to the fact the nanosd/mbpro were never designed to act as a server .Often saw a few timeouts when pinging the charts over the internet especially noticeable when a lot of historical (years were available) .NANOSD would really warm up at times you could see that by monitoring the indoor temperature from the console (even with the -7 offset to compensate the heat readings already generated) noticeable especially if opening multiple charts so I envisioned if you have a popular accessed site and multiple visitors were pinging/calling the charts simultaneously things would get really slow and hot ..best thing todo william setup a beta with a small amount of users and sit back and see how it runs for others perhaps where they have a lot of historical data also you would be surprised where there data may throw up issues you don't always see locally..

As always William keep up the improvements as one user commented in an email recently "he is such a helpful and knowledgeable chap. He has helped me out with various template things, but has also helped me upgrade to https and also sftp for MB uploads. You found a good one there to take over!"...

have a good shift:-) brian

edit..typo as usual :-)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 01:15:12 AM by weather34 »

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #684 on: August 28, 2019, 08:02:22 PM »
Anyone having an issue with wind run always be zero? Someone brought it to my attention about this issue on their server, so I'm working on an improved way to calculate wind run and would like to test it on a couple servers that don't work with the current formula. If your wind run is always zero and you're up to test a new method, send me an email at (support @baxleyweather.com).

Offline rob3r7o

• menoventi
« Reply #685 on: April 29, 2020, 10:15:03 AM »
HI,
I'm using this beautiful template.
I'm not a programmer but I'm trying to access to the data stored on the sql server to get some statistics.
Today I realized that the data is not saved every 20 seconds, but every 5 minutes. Could I know why it has changed?
I noticed that the mb.php (new meteobridge API) file has the time set to 5 * 60-2 seconds. Can I change it in 20 seconds?

Thanks for the help.

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #686 on: April 29, 2020, 06:25:50 PM »
HI,
I'm using this beautiful template.
I'm not a programmer but I'm trying to access to the data stored on the sql server to get some statistics.
Today I realized that the data is not saved every 20 seconds, but every 5 minutes. Could I know why it has changed?
I noticed that the mb.php (new meteobridge API) file has the time set to 5 * 60-2 seconds. Can I change it in 20 seconds?

Thanks for the help.

It was changed over a year ago to save the 5 minute averages every 5 minutes so that the graphs are easier to view, to smooth out small insignificant fluctuations due to sensors reporting more significant figures that they can measure, to speed up loading the graphs, smaller files when you have years of data saved. There are many positive benefits of using the average of several minutes and practically no disadvantages. Also, for some measurements that benefit from maxes rather than averages, like wind gusts, the max for the time frame is used instead, so that whatever the highest wind speed during the 5 mins is recorded as the highest wind gust.

If you really want 20 second save times, you should be able to change
Code: [Select]
$interval = 5*60-2; to
Code: [Select]
$interval = 20;
If you do, make absolutely sure the ; is still at the end of that line or it will throw an error. Watch it for a couple minutes to make sure that it is saving every 20 seconds too.

Offline ngiovas

• Top of Ashford Weather Station
« Reply #687 on: July 21, 2020, 07:57:29 PM »
It has been a long time since I have checked this thread.  It doesn't look like it is as active as it was a year ago.  Is there a new thread for the newer templates?

I am still running one of the earlier templates from just before the auto-updates were implemented (from about a year ago).  I started having issues with my site where the live data is current, but the historical graphs haven't updated since July 9th.  I was thinking about updating to the newer templates, but wasn't sure if there is more info on doing the install available online or even a thread within the forums?  I have downloaded the full package, but was hoping to find a little more info on the upgrade / install.

thanks,
Nick

EDIT:  I have installed the new template and have the realtime data up and running.  I am having an issue with the charts, but have created a new topic to get help with that.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 10:25:51 PM by ngiovas »

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
« Reply #688 on: July 21, 2020, 11:35:31 PM »
hello nick

please send your password to setup screen you can change that at anytime afterwards . please send via email i will take a look  if the url is still xxx-is-still-a-xxxx

you can use the same email you got the password for download sent to you..

any folder/ permissions  blocking the writing of files in the weather34charts folder..

brian..

Offline ngiovas

• Top of Ashford Weather Station
« Reply #689 on: July 22, 2020, 08:35:13 AM »
hello nick

please send your password to setup screen you can change that at anytime afterwards . please send via email i will take a look  if the url is still xxx-is-still-a-xxxx

you can use the same email you got the password for download sent to you..

any folder/ permissions  blocking the writing of files in the weather34charts folder..

brian..

Thanks Brian.  I will send you an email with the  password.

Nick

Offline wthrmn654

• Mikes Weather Station
« Reply #690 on: September 23, 2020, 03:37:02 PM »
Weather 34,

Meteobridge just released a dashboard feature on there meteobridge thingy online couple updates ago.  How the heck does that even work/ setup? Not sure I'm even able to actually use that feature actually.

Thought you might have insight. Thanks

Offline docbee

• Forecaster
    • smartbedded
« Reply #691 on: September 23, 2020, 05:07:54 PM »
There was a bug that prohibited downloading of the right code archive. Please try again by pressing the "Reinstall" button (needs newest NANO SD application stack).
founder of smartbedded.com - home of meteohub, meteoplug, meteobridge, meteostick

Offline wthrmn654

• Mikes Weather Station
« Reply #692 on: September 23, 2020, 11:21:33 PM »
Who that reply to lol

Offline WxTrader

• Harrogate-North Yorkshire-Home Weather Station
« Reply #693 on: October 05, 2020, 07:51:40 AM »
I have noticed that my rainfall rate is no longer displayed on the daily Rainfall Graph, but the data is still being collected from my Meteobridge Pro and shows up on my weather underground data and the website software run by Wim. Any ideas?

The two websites are www.weatherinharrogate.co.uk/pws/ and www.weatherinharrogate.co.uk/pwsWD04/

Thanks

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
« Reply #694 on: October 05, 2020, 08:32:43 AM »
you need to contact lightmaster who took over the version your running i dont maintain that version anymore or have not done since early 2019 .. possibly with changes to the weather34 api in recent weeks may have caused the issue however that said i can not verify .. brian

Offline rob3r7o

• menoventi
Solar dewpoint rainrate new meteobridge API
« Reply #695 on: October 26, 2020, 11:54:30 AM »
Hi,
i don't have the daily graphic of Sun Radiation (solar almanac).
In my database SQL i have 0 solar data for all day.

So, i edited the file /mbridge/mb.php  changing $solar from 180 to 45

//check if using new or old API
      if (is_numeric($meteobridgeapi[176])) {
         //new api
         $temp         = $meteobridgeapi[176];
         $barometer      = $meteobridgeapi[177];
         $raintoday      = $meteobridgeapi[9];
         $uv            = $meteobridgeapi[178];
         $windgust      = $meteobridgeapi[40];
         $windspeed      = $meteobridgeapi[179];
         $solar         = $meteobridgeapi[45];
         $dewpoint      = $meteobridgeapi[181];
         $rainrate      = $meteobridgeapi[182];
         $direction      = $meteobridgeapi[11];
      } else {
         //old API
         $temp         = $meteobridgeapi[2];
         $barometer      = $meteobridgeapi[10];
         $raintoday      = $meteobridgeapi[9];
         $uv            = $meteobridgeapi[43];
         $windgust      = $meteobridgeapi[40];
         $windspeed      = $meteobridgeapi[5];
         $solar         = $meteobridgeapi[45];
         $dewpoint      = $meteobridgeapi[4];
         $rainrate      = $meteobridgeapi[8];
         $direction      = $meteobridgeapi[7]

Now my sql database is ok and the solar almanac graphic too.

But I see dewpoint and rainrate new API are wrong too.
Can  someone help me please ?

Is it ok if I change the rainrate api from 182 to 8?
and dewpoint from 181 to 4?

Thank you so much.

edit.
I tried to make the API changes and now it looks ok. In fact, I didn't realize that I didn't have the dewpoint graph.
For the rain rate I have to wait for it to rain for confirmation.

I have looked at other weather stations and indeed many are missing this data.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 12:06:38 AM by rob3r7o »

Offline davidmc36

• He who dies with the most toys wins!
  • Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
« Reply #696 on: November 23, 2020, 08:39:46 AM »
Good Day. As I don't see a "Search this thread" option on site I hope I am not asking something previously addressed. (or apologies if this is bad place for question)

Just yesterday I set up a new site with W34 Template:

http://www.morewoodweather.ca/index.php

Seems to work good more or less. But the wind intermittently shows ridiculous high values.

Somewhere something expects mph and is getting km/h???? Cumulus and W34 are both set to km.

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
« Reply #697 on: November 23, 2020, 08:56:05 AM »
unfortunately this template is not compatible with cumulus requires meteobridge with firmware 4 or higher .
requires latest revision of inbuilt weather34 api in meteobridge which includes 197 different data strings.cumulus realtime txt output is completely different and does not contain the necessary file structure to work with this template  . better off using the cumulus forum and use a dedicated template designed for cumulus if cumulus is your main source of data. try meteotemplate or i believe there are a few others regularly maintained and kept upto date .

if you are using meteobridge as the source then simply select the weather34 api option in meteobridge .brian

Offline davidmc36

• He who dies with the most toys wins!
  • Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
« Reply #698 on: November 23, 2020, 09:05:02 AM »
Cool. Thanks for the info.

Funny everything else seems to come through accurate and on time.......just the wind speed is goofy.

I'll try some other templates....maybe push Bridge to this one some day. Right now I just need this second station running off the MeteoPi to publish somewhere so I can monitor for a while and do some vetting while not at home.

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
« Reply #699 on: November 23, 2020, 09:13:36 AM »
its goofy because its expecting a different position of the wind output string hence the structure of the cumulus output txt file is different .as above take a look at the cumulus forum your probably find something to suit your needs. im not so upto,date of what’s available but i do recall within the last year there was a really nice template released by one of the cumulus forum members.. anyway sorry it didnt work for you but there is plenty of choice..have a great day...brian