Author Topic: New Bloomsky App for IOS  (Read 5051 times)

Offline thomas

• Contributor
Re: New Bloomsky App for IOS
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2016, 10:11:50 PM »
Yea, I have had that happen with them also. On the truck, out for delivery, and it never shows up. Good luck tomorrow.

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2016, 10:17:07 PM »
Don't feel too bad. I had delivery problems with UPS too and I'm about 200 miles away for Bloomsky headquarters!

On Friday I received an email from UPS saying my package would be delivered on Monday (really? Monday is a US holiday). Then early Monday morning, I received a notice that the package been delivered on Sunday (no package could be found around the property). Late Monday evening, I received another email saying there was a problem and my delivery was being rescheduled. Tuesday came and my new Bloomsky arrived!

I'm now up and running...
Don - W3DRM - Emmett, Idaho --- Blitzortung ID: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KBOI7
Davis Wireless VP2, WD 10.37s150,
StartWatch, VirtualVP, VPLive, Win10 Pro
--- Logitech HD Pro C920 webcam (off-line)
--- RIPE Atlas Probe - 32849

Offline BigOkie

• Forecaster
  • Tulsa, OK
    • KOKTULSA13
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2016, 02:39:09 PM »
Don't feel too bad. I had delivery problems with UPS too and I'm about 200 miles away for Bloomsky headquarters!

On Friday I received an email from UPS saying my package would be delivered on Monday (really? Monday is a US holiday). Then early Monday morning, I received a notice that the package been delivered on Sunday (no package could be found around the property). Late Monday evening, I received another email saying there was a problem and my delivery was being rescheduled. Tuesday came and my new Bloomsky arrived!

I'm now up and running...

Mine arrived today, but still in the box as I only stopped off at the house for lunch.  Will try and get it set up after work.
Current setup: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus Wireless
Weather radios:
Reecom R-1650
Sangean CL-100
Uniden Home Patrol I

Online PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2016, 07:24:21 PM »
Mine was delivered today.  Didn't expect such a big box...  Seems well built,

Will be a couple of days before I can get the iPad updated so I can run the App, and set up the Bloomsky outside.

Paul

Offline Maumelle Weather

• Forecaster
    • Maumelle Weather
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2016, 08:44:59 PM »
Paul,

You'll have to download the app for the iPhone to use it. I don't believe there is an app for the iPad.
GR2AE, GR3, Cumulus

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2016, 08:47:49 PM »
Paul,

You'll have to download the app for the iPhone to use it. I don't believe there is an app for the iPad.

I've heard some people have used their iPads.

There's a filter on the app store for iPhone/IPad/Both when searching.  Maybe that would help.

Offline Maumelle Weather

• Forecaster
    • Maumelle Weather
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2016, 08:51:31 PM »
True. I had forgotten about the filter setting. Haven't used it in forever.
GR2AE, GR3, Cumulus

Online PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2016, 09:35:22 PM »
Actually I did do the iPad firmware update and downloaded the App and got the Bloomsky connected while inside.  It did pick up my actual location without me having to do any input.  Won't get a chance to move it outside until Friday...

I will need to do more reading as haven't figured out where to plug in the power supply.  Must have been enough reserve in the Bloomsky unit to allow it to be communicating.

Paul

Offline BigOkie

• Forecaster
  • Tulsa, OK
    • KOKTULSA13
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2016, 09:45:42 PM »
Actually I did do the iPad firmware update and downloaded the App and got the Bloomsky connected while inside.  It did pick up my actual location without me having to do any input.  Won't get a chance to move it outside until Friday...

I will need to do more reading as haven't figured out where to plug in the power supply.  Must have been enough reserve in the Bloomsky unit to allow it to be communicating.

Paul

There's a port in the front in between the power and wifi buttons that is covered with a plastic flap.  The 12V plug goes in there.
Current setup: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus Wireless
Weather radios:
Reecom R-1650
Sangean CL-100
Uniden Home Patrol I

Online PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2016, 10:57:35 PM »
Thanks BigOkie,
While it wasn't obvious that is what I thought, just wasn't ready to poke a hole in it.  I am getting there, one step at a time...

Paul