Author Topic: How to upload recorded/archived data from a WS-2902A to WU PWS site?  (Read 1503 times)

Offline HighTechEE

I had my WS-2902A running for about a month before I was able to get it working with my WU PWS site, the WU PWS site only shows data back to when I got it running with WU.  Now I would like to somehow upload the data to WU that my unit still has recorded in it for the month before it started working, any ideas?  Thx - Mike

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Re: How to upload recorded/archived data from a WS-2902A to WU PWS site?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2018, 05:38:51 AM »
The WS-2902A does not store any historical data. It just works in live mode streaming what is happening. The only thing the console keeps is a tally of the last week, last month, and last year rainfall. So you have no data to upload.

If you lose Internet but somehow still have power the console will continue to show you live data and keep track of just totals. Then when you get the Internet back it picks up sending at that moment and you lost the data while Internet was down.

Now you can add an ObserverIP and a Meteobridge (or a WeatherBridge) and then store your data to a server. That gets complicated. But it might be worth it anyway so that you can upload to more online services with the Meteobridge (WeatherBridge)?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 01:58:53 PM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline HighTechEE

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 10:45:19 PM »
Ah ok that makes sense, where I see all of the data since the day I plugged it in is on my Ambient Weather website for my WS2902A station.  Maybe there's a way to get that recorded data transferred over to my WU stations database for the info prior to getting the WU webpage working .
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 10:47:03 PM by HighTechEE »

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 10:25:46 AM »
Technically it is possible. But it will require a lot of effort on your part with lots of steps.

Ambient Weather gives access to the data via their published API
https://www.ambientweather.com/api.html

You could write a program to extract the data using their API.
Then you could import that data to weeWx and then use the wunderfixer extension (an add-on to weeWx) to publish the missing data to Weather Underground.
http://www.weewx.com/wunderfixer/

Maybe you could enlist the help of a software developer if you yourself are not a programmer. Maybe someone has already written a piece of code to extract from Ambient Weather Cloud using their API to save into a format that can be read by weeWx. I've not yet come across such a piece of software yet but it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Realize that Ambient Weather Cloud came out not long ago and it hasn't even been a year since they published their API.

Even after you have successfully uploaded the missing data to Weather Underground there may be some quirks. Read the following thread where Tom the programmer of wunderfixer has some interesting insight to uploading data from before you actually joined WU. The data will be there but maybe not in the way you expect. This part isn't totally clear but maybe you can have a read yourself to see what I'm talking about. But even if you can't easily see the data in WU by drop down menus and having to generate your own custom URL to see it, the monthly and yearly totals and max/min should be properly reported where everyone can see without having to do any custom URL trickery.
https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=3752.0

« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 11:06:57 AM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

anything