Author Topic: My 3501 unit has finally arrived!!!  (Read 358 times)

Offline ukwoody

• Contributor
My 3501 unit has finally arrived!!!
« on: October 23, 2019, 04:31:13 PM »
Well, after considerable delay (partly due to national holidays, and partly due to no UK plugs in stock)  my unit finally arrived yesterday.  Very well packaged it took just 5 days with DHL. (my customs bill was £26 for those interested).
It really is a nice bit of kit, with everything supplied apart from small philips screwdriver. They even supply spanner for the mounting bolts.
Being a bloke I didnt read the instruction, lol, but still managed to have it all up and running and in place in about an hour.
The GW1000 is MINUTE! I was really shocked by its small dimensions.

One note, If you have no need for a decent display, I probably wouldnt bother upgrading to the 2551C console pretty though it is. With the GW 1000 and the WS-app you can see it all on your phone or the net anyway though not every 16.5 seconds.

Despite the long delay, very happy with the service from Ecowitt good comms all the time.
Also as a side issue talking about comms...
Even with the Gw1000 plugged in immediately behind my TV, surrounded by electronics and some 50 mtrs from the outdoor sensors, the signal is good - though the rain gauge seems to be much lower in signal strength.
Woody \:D/

Offline ramblinche81

Re: My 3501 unit has finally arrived!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2020, 06:18:12 AM »
Noticed you set up gw1000 near tv. Mine is powered by tv USB as best line of sight to gauge about 50m as well. My wind gauge loses signal when tv is on. Three other outdoor sensors maintain signal and transmit data.

Have you noticed gaps in data or signal losses ?

Thanks.

July 2020
Ecowitt GW1000B gateway @ ecowitt.net
Ecowitt WN51 soil moisture x8 (potted plants and landscape beds)
Ecowitt WH57 lightning
Ecowitt WH31 temp x2
Ecowitt WH40 rain gauge
Ecowitt WS68 wind sun sensor
Dragon Touch tablet display with PWT app

anything