Author Topic: Way out of my depth with templates  (Read 388 times)

Offline NormanW

Way out of my depth with templates
« on: April 10, 2019, 11:36:47 AM »
I am a rank amateur in many things and know when I need to ask for help! :grin:

I have a hosted website using WordPress to power the pages.  My weather station is an IROX-ProX, which uploads to Wunderground, PWS, WeatherCloud and Open weathermap.

My station uses MeteoBridge on a TL-MR3020, powered by a UPS so is available 24/7 whatever the local electric company do :!:

I want to use a really powerful WordPress plugin called WeatherStation https://weather.station.software/handbook/ to build my station page on my website.  It is drawing information from open weather map, but that is limited to what MeteoBridge uploads there.

So far, I have managed to connect MeteoBridge push Services with the public_html folder on my site and it successfully uploaded a test file.  But now comes the difficult bit.

WeatherStation is looking for a realtime.txt file or a stickertags file so it can import my station data to my page.

The MeteoBridge wiki about push services is useful, once I saved it and deleted references to twitter, SMS, MYSQL etc (down from 19 pages to 8).  It suggest that I use a Saratoga template, the example given being gen-MBtags.php.  The Saratoga page http://saratoga-weather.org/wxtemplates/index.php is all about templates and it here that I am out of my depth and sinking.

I'd like to use a script that will take all the data from my station, which includes the normal sensors, plus UV and 5 remote temp/humidity/dew point sensors.

Please, what do I do next?

Whilst I can read the various pages of advice, and know my site uses php, I very quickly don't understand what it is that is being explained, although I am sure it is being put across in clear language.  Can anyone hold my hand a bit and guide me through this morass please?

Thanks for reading.

NW