Author Topic: Today rain  (Read 910 times)

Offline 92merc

• BismarckWeather.net
  • Forecaster
  • BismarckWeather.net
    • BismarckWeather.net
Today rain
« on: January 19, 2019, 01:40:16 AM »
On my VP2 console, I would manually edit the "daily rain" figure when ever we received snow.  I just took the liquid amount that the NWS office in my town recorded and put that into the console over the winter so my rain totals for the year would be somewhat accurate.

But now I've added an Envoy with the WiFi logger running Weather Display.  Is there a way to enter in "daily rain" into the Envoy via Weatherlink?  I'd prefer adding it to the Envoy if possible so the hardware's month/year rain stays correct as well.

I didn't see an option via the WiFi logger, so I'm guessing WL 6.04 should do it somewhere.  Just can't find the option.
https://www.BismarckWeather.net
Davis VP2, Cumulus, WeatherDisplay, Blitzortung, Saratoga Scripts, NOAA Stream via PI

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
Re: Today rain
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 02:02:33 AM »
So is adding a snow value from an unrelated site meaningful in an overall rainfall total? An Envoy is not the same as a console, you can edit the monthly totals under the Rain menu. you can edit individual archive intervals for any sensor under the browse menu

Offline WiFiLogger

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2019, 06:04:04 AM »
I didn't see an option via the WiFi logger, so I'm guessing WL 6.04 should do it somewhere.  Just can't find the option.
Only year rain can be set, not daily.

In WFL will be ASAP  :grin:
but for instant you need to use WeatherLink
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 07:47:34 AM by WiFiLogger »

Offline 92merc

• BismarckWeather.net
  • Forecaster
  • BismarckWeather.net
    • BismarckWeather.net
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2019, 11:50:01 AM »
Matt:  for me yes it is.  The NWS office isn't all that far from my house.  My problem is that I'm out on the prairie and the winds prevent me from catching snow in a useful manner to be melted and measured.  The NWS has a setup to capture the snow and do the melt.

I don't like that my monthly and annual rainfall appear to be behind, when I actually did receive precip.  So I like to enter in the daily rain the day after the NWS posts their data.   When it comes to snow events, I track pretty close to NWS amounts.
Davis VP2, Cumulus, WeatherDisplay, Blitzortung, Saratoga Scripts, NOAA Stream via PI

Offline 92merc

• BismarckWeather.net
  • Forecaster
  • BismarckWeather.net
    • BismarckWeather.net
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2019, 12:08:39 PM »
I just updated to 2.08.  Everything went great.  If you can get the ability to "add" in daily rain like the console, that would be awesome.

You truly have a great product and support.  Thanks.

Offline WiFiLogger

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2019, 03:04:13 PM »
I just updated to 2.08.  Everything went great.  If you can get the ability to "add" in daily rain like the console, that would be awesome.
You truly have a great product and support.  Thanks.

I have edited in HEX VP2 firmware and there is no command to set daily rain, only year rain. In console manual there is option to set daily, but with commands can't do  :-(

Code: [Select]
Full command list readed from VP2 firmware

TEST
ID
SECVER
SECREAD
BOOT
WRD
RXTEST
DMPAFT
CALFIX
CALED
PUTRAIN
PUTET
DMP
PAGEWR
PAGERD
BUFFWR
BUFFRD
BAR=
BARREAD
BARDATA
CLRLOG
SETTIME
GETTIME
SETPER
STOP
START
RECRD
NEWX
CLREE
GETEE
RXCHECK
EEWR
EERD
CALON
CALOFF
ADREAD
STRMON
STRMOFF
CLKON
CLKOFF
CLRALM
CLRCAL
CLRGRA
VER
NVER
BVER
EEBWR
EEBRD
CLRVAR
CLRHIGHS
CLRLOWS
CLRBITS
CLRDATA
LOOP
LPS
HILOWS
LOG
NEWSETUP
SLEEP
MEASHUM
POW
PORT
LAMPS
CHECKEE
RECEIVERS
LCD
TST
TX
RX
XTLCAL
SETREG
STRREG
DUMPREG
PLLCAL
DOMAIN
CHAN
SETDEF
BAND
OPMODE
BUZZER
MEASTEMP

Offline 92merc

• BismarckWeather.net
  • Forecaster
  • BismarckWeather.net
    • BismarckWeather.net
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2019, 03:39:29 PM »
Well, that sucks.  Thanks for checking.

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2019, 03:47:40 PM »
I have edited in HEX VP2 firmware and there is no command to set daily rain, only year rain. In console manual there is option to set daily, but with commands can't do  :-(

Isn't it possible to use EEBWR to RAIN_DAY_TOTAL START + 2792 // 25 || 2 ((for VP2 at least), but obviously depending whether or not you want to mess directly with the EEPROM?
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline WiFiLogger

• Forecaster
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2019, 03:54:19 PM »
Isn't it possible to use EEBWR to RAIN_DAY_TOTAL START + 2792 // 25 || 2 ((for VP2 at least), but obviously depending whether or not you want to mess directly with the EEPROM?

Hold my beer :)
And let me have some little time.

Offline WiFiLogger

• Forecaster
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2019, 09:15:31 AM »

No this is only GRAPH data, it is not working.
Console has 4kB EEPROM with settings and graph and another 4kB for LOOP and LPS.
Code: [Select]
4 KB of processor memory, which is used to store the current sensor data, today’s high/low values, and other real-time values. This memory is not directly available to the PC! Commands such as LOOP and LPS, provide access to the most useful and important of these data values.
I can't make daily rain adjustment. That could be good method to correct the defect in heavy rain rate.  :-(

anything