Weather Station Hardware > Weather Web Cams

ReoLink 811 focus problem

(1/3) > >>

DaleReid:
Santa brought two Reolink 811 cameras from Walmart (excellent discount, sealed boxes) and I now have gotten around to fiddling with them a bit.

They certainly are solidly built and heavy.

I hooked them up, using POE to power them with a short cable run using the patch cord that came in the box. 

I found the IP address, went to it with my browser (tried several) and got the picture.

Crappy picture.  I can barely tell one German Shepherd from the other except by the way they carry their tails, I cannot tell if there is a mourning dove 30' away or just wind blowing an old oak leaf across the driveway, and the trees look very fuzzy, and not in a good way.  I went through all the settings and have it on the highest resolution, and with mainly auto or default settings otherwise, but did try most of them.

Auto focus is enabled, and I did try playing with the optical zoom  and the supposed focus slider, but nothing really improved.

I revisited the web site for ReoLink and their sample images look superb, one of the reasons I got interested in this camera, along with the fact that the camera has an onboard web site generator so you can go to the IP address from any computer on my LAN and see the image without special viewers or going over the internet to their cloud and back again.

Finally it dawned on me that for shipping they must have put one of those little sticky plastic protective sheets on the lens, but alas, no, the glass was clear as can be, and clean as a whistle.

I have two of these from the Walmart deal, and they both behave the same way.

Can anyone who has a ReoLink 811 tell me that the image is anywhere nearly as sharp as the sample images on their advertisement web site?

I have a couple of old 720, non-HD, Axis cameras that outperform these supposedly advanced and 4k resolution, and I'm feeling a bit bummed.
Thanks for comments, Dale
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

worachj:
Be careful how you download and look at images. There are three different resolutions (Clear, Standard, Fluent). When downloading using the client the default is for Fluent, you need to change it to Clear.

On the client make sure your “Stream” settings are correctly set up for the maximum resolution for the Clear resolution.

On the client when looking at the live image you can right click on it and select either (Clear, Standard, Fluent). Make sure it’s the Clear setting.

I was fooled and disappointed by what I was seeing until I learned about the different resolutions and how to change and select them on the client.

It would seem odd that both cameras are bad.

worachj:
My Settings for RLC-810a camera:

worachj:
Also check that your cameras have the latest firmware update. There's a automatic upgrade feature to update the firmware but if wasn't working correctly for my RLC-810a camera and I had to manually download and install the latest firmware upgrade.

ocala:
Dale I have that same camera and I am having no issues. You can use the app or the client to adjust the image but worachj is correct that you can adjust the stream settings only in the client. Have done several time lapse, both day and night and messed with all the settings. The picture is fantastic.
I would post an image but it's too large for this forum.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version