Author Topic: Ambient weather ws-2000 possibly connecting to different temperature sensor  (Read 148 times)

Offline Weather4me

Recently I have been having issues with the array not connecting to the console which I mentioned in another thread.
When I have this issue, the console seems to connect to a different temperature sensor because an outdoor temperature (maybe a few degrees higher than normal) does display along with my indoor sensors but nothing else from outside.

Has anyone else has this issue with the console connecting to a neighbor's sensor? I would think that this wouldn't be an issue since I hoped that the sensor array would pair with something in addition to the channel like some other identifier but maybe not. What is the work around for this?

Offline Rover1822

• Forecaster
    • Mini Wind and Solar Data project
Recently I have been having issues with the array not connecting to the console which I mentioned in another thread.
When I have this issue, the console seems to connect to a different temperature sensor because an outdoor temperature (maybe a few degrees higher than normal) does display along with my indoor sensors but nothing else from outside.

Has anyone else has this issue with the console connecting to a neighbor's sensor? I would think that this wouldn't be an issue since I hoped that the sensor array would pair with something in addition to the channel like some other identifier but maybe not. What is the work around for this?

Happens all the time, some of actually share sensors with our neighbors :). You can check in WSView+ under sensors, and see what the ID is compared to what you expect.
To get around it, you need to register your sensor with your console, manually enter the ID or code once you know it.

The sensors are just dumb broadcasting units, any console can receive their signal

Edit: I forgot you are using a WS-2000, you need to do this from the console. Also check to see if you are reading some other type of sensor, you don't have, for the outdoor temp.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2024, 11:04:10 AM by Rover1822 »
Ambient:
  WS-2000
  PM 2.5(2)
  WH31B(2)
  WH40E
  WH31P
EcoWitt:
  GW1100
  GW1000(4)
  WH31(2)
  WH57
  WH51(12),
  WH40
  WH5360B
  WN34S
  WittBoy WS90 + GW2000
  WS90 (other one) + GW1100
Personal Sites: Weather Cam

Offline Weather4me

Thanks for pointing out that app.
I see the outdoor array ID on the console so I made a note of it. It has been awhile since I set this up so I assume there is a way to manually enter that ID if needed. If manually entered, will it only connect to my array?

Offline Rover1822

• Forecaster
    • Mini Wind and Solar Data project
Thanks for pointing out that app.
I see the outdoor array ID on the console so I made a note of it. It has been awhile since I set this up so I assume there is a way to manually enter that ID if needed. If manually entered, will it only connect to my array?

If manually entered, will it only connect to my array?

Just semantics, but the console does not connect to the array, it receives from it.  By registering it , it should ignore any other sensor of the same type.  Bit of a pain on the console, but you should disable any sensor types that you don't have.
Ambient:
  WS-2000
  PM 2.5(2)
  WH31B(2)
  WH40E
  WH31P
EcoWitt:
  GW1100
  GW1000(4)
  WH31(2)
  WH57
  WH51(12),
  WH40
  WH5360B
  WN34S
  WittBoy WS90 + GW2000
  WS90 (other one) + GW1100
Personal Sites: Weather Cam

Offline Weather4me

Okay thanks. Yes I agree I said it incorrectly since the array is just transmitting on the frequency every 16 seconds or so and any receiver tuned to that frequency can listen for it.