Author Topic: Captcha  (Read 2976 times)

Offline Willum

Captcha
« on: September 15, 2016, 08:01:55 AM »
A question about Captcha.
When I type up a pm, there's a little captcha 'proof that I'm not a robot' box below it.  It only has a box to tick, no oddball letters/numbers to decipher like most I've seen.
I click, it buzzes round for a few seconds, puts a green tick in the box and seems happy.
HOWEVER - when I try to preview/send the pm, it says an error has occurred and I haven't typed in the correct characters, or that I am not allowed access, or some other excuse.  When I try to go back, the message box is usually empty - and I have to type it again (grrr) if I didn't remember to copy the text before.
Sometimes the next attempt goes with just the same input, other times it takes 5, or 6 attempts. ](*,) ](*,)
I'm using a Mac/Mountain Lion/Safari, all up to date.
I've had hard to decipher captcha panels before but never on that just indicates I should just tick the box to prove I'm not a robot.
Perhaps it's latched onto my webcam and is looking at my ugly mug, saying "no way is THAT a robot"  :lol: :lol:
Willum ;)

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
Re: Captcha
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 11:33:44 AM »
The Captcha you see is the new Google replacement for reCaptcha.  For PMs, it is displayed when you have a topic post count of less than 5 posts in boards.  After you have 5 posts in boards (excepting "Chit-Chat", "Testing Zone" and "Posting Games" boards, which do not increment posting counts), the captcha should not be displayed.

Post a reply to this topic, and your post count should increment to 6 and you'll be out of 'captcha hell' :)

Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline Willum

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2016, 12:04:48 PM »
Many thanks.
This should be 'out of the woods' then, so to speak.
Willum ;)

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2016, 01:51:29 PM »
Yep.. with 6 posts, you shouldn't have to captcha to send a PM.  BTW.. that limit was put on to prevent spammers from registering, then robospamming via PMs (we had it happen once, and that's the last time).  Try a PM to me if you like...
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline RAVEN007

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2017, 07:13:00 PM »
Replied as recommended.
Ambient WX WS-1401
KWAOAKHA65
Oak Harbor, WA