Author Topic: Anybody Else Not Updating @ WU Page  (Read 3210 times)

Offline rormeister

• Senior Contributor
Re: Anybody Else Not Updating @ WU Page
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2019, 06:32:44 PM »
Wundermap is still a vacuum. My charts are over 3 hours behind current time. If the IBMCloud is having issues with ingestion, does that mean they’re having diarrhea?

Offline AdkManUpstateNY

« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2019, 06:37:53 PM »
My WU is not updating either  :roll:
La Crosse Technology S84060 *Currently on WU*
AcuRite 00386SDI

Offline wxnut99

« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2019, 06:47:23 PM »
Nothing in Canada either. Other than webcams, no PWS data being displayed on Wundermap. Oh, but the ads still work..  :roll:

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2019, 07:00:54 PM »
Of you take into account the annoying rounding on the "new" site, it matches the data on the old site for me. New site is also updating live, the updated time is just not updating, ironically enough.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline Mabcmb

• My WU page
  • Forecaster
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2019, 07:08:05 PM »
Seems Instagram and other sites are down also . Could have something to do with the IBM cloud service ??????  https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/instagram-down-facebook-photo-sharing-220405351.html 

Offline WheelinDealin

« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2019, 07:09:01 PM »
FAIL!

Offline Notsorusty

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2019, 07:43:20 PM »
Message from WU/TWC/IBM Feedback & Support:

PWS Wundermap Data
Thu, Jun 13, 330p PT

We are aware of data not being displayed on Wundermap.
This is due to some lag in our ingest processes.

We are working on this issue at the moment and expect it to resolve by the end of the day.

Watch here for further updates.

Regards,
The WU Team
Station Name: Silver Creek II
Latitude / Longitude: 41.925° N, -87.872° W
Elevation: 633
City: Franklin Park
State: IL
Hardware: Ambient Weather WS-2902D

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2019, 08:01:10 PM »
Seriously, how long do folks continue to put up with this total lack of competence? This site should have been burned to the ground after "whatever" happened and started fresh or dished off to someone that truly knows and CARES. If you're in the "give them time" corner, so be it, prolong your misery. They act like the monopoly that they are for many and will continue this utter joke of a "business" til people quit them like the bad habit they are. Obviously they're betting otherwise, and so far are correct, P.T. Barnum syndrome at it's finest.

Offline awsum140

• Forecaster
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2019, 08:12:43 PM »
Seems to be back up and running "normally" here at 20:14EDT.
If it's not a Boerboel it's just a dog.

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2019, 08:38:01 PM »
The graphs and table are showing all the data. No data was missed. So that is good. The back end never stopped working. Seems like this was only a front end problem.
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline jasonbopp

« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2019, 11:22:07 PM »
Unfortunately it shows missing data for me between 4:25 and 4:45 PM EST.  Oh well.

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2019, 11:24:55 PM »
The graphs and table are showing all the data. No data was missed. So that is good. The back end never stopped working. Seems like this was only a front end problem.

Story of their lives lately, eh?

Offline gdyer911

« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2019, 02:23:39 PM »
I've been with WU for over 10 years...this is the worst. I don't know why I updated my weather station and webcam only get 4 sec of vid displayed and sporadic (10 min to 2 hrs) updates. It used to be fun watching real time weather...it's just frustrating now. I live in Florida and the storms hit in minutes and are over in a flash. They can rage in a downpour and winds can whip up to 50mph. WU is so laggy now...it misses it completely.  :???:

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
  • The blues had a baby and named it rock n roll
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2019, 02:37:07 PM »
I admire you guys for hanging on to WU. I gave up a while back.
Hopefully for ya'll's sake they get it right but I have my doubts.

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2019, 02:53:04 PM »
I admire you guys for hanging on to WU.
Actually, I wish people would drop them like a hot rock and find something else, maybe that would get their attention, but that's a pipe dream. I quit them about a month ago.

Offline awsum140

• Forecaster
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2019, 03:15:44 PM »
Remember the thread "WU Turning a New Page"?  I think they closed the book.  Nothing, of any significance. has changed for almost two months now.  I think it's now a case of what you see is what you get.  Support from them is just not there.  And yet I still keep uploading to them.  I just wish I knew why I bother.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 04:10:27 PM by awsum140 »

Offline OldAlaskaGuy

• Alaska, The Last American Frontier
  • Forecaster
  • Living in the "Last American Frontier"
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2019, 03:54:00 PM »
Been good here for the last few weeks. In Northern California. Occasional loss of summary page and table view but only for a short while. Most likely due to some some tweaking. I am here for the long haul.

Offline quailvalleywx

« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2019, 03:57:10 PM »
I don't know why I updated my weather station and webcam only get 4 sec of vid displayed and sporadic (10 min to 2 hrs) updates.
If your cam is sending via ftp then I bet it is due to 2 of the 3 ftp servers being functionally down for months (see FTP server status thread). If you are sending ftp try sending direct to 52.36.136.128 rather than webcam.wunderground.com if your webcam will take the direct numbers. I've been doing that and getting 1+ minute of video with 6 minute updates https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/webcam/CollegeAntioch/2/2019-6-28. It's still buggy but better.

Maybe we get lucky and IBM spins off WU to someone who can maintain it. OK, just dreaming.

Mike.
WS-1400-IP, Galaxy S3 for cloud cam and Web Server
QV Website | Source Code | WU | WC | PWS | MesoWest/CWOP

Offline gdyer911

« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2019, 04:05:50 PM »
I'm FTP'ing the image to my own server and giving them the link. I thought that might be more efficient than depending on them with the issues they were having. I might try your method...Thanks! You can see how 'Janky' my weather is...with flatlines and spikes... and a 4sec video... loop....pitiful!

Using 5-in-1 Weather Station with Wi-Fi Connection to Weather Underground - I had the previous IP model until they dropped support for the Hub.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 04:15:36 PM by gdyer911 »

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2019, 07:41:20 PM »
The fact that the old WU site (when it's up) shows all of the data with all of the decimal precision is a clear indicator that WU's data back end ingestion is working great. The only major problem I see is in displaying the data they took in. So it's a front end problem only. This is why I continue to send them data. Because whenever they fix the front end all of my history will be there going back years. If I quit today then I'll have a big gaping hole in the historical data.

I also know that there is not enough of a grass roots effort to boycott them to force any change. So I would only be hurting myself. If there was an organized effort to boycott them with effective viral social networking, then I would pull the plug on WU and participate and even do my part in the viral spread.

* cameras are a separate issue, and there the back end is in need of attention.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 08:45:33 PM by galfert »
Tele-Pole

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2019, 07:50:45 PM »
whenever they fix the front end
Exactly my point.

Offline awsum140

• Forecaster
« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2019, 08:29:02 PM »
I think the major problem is a total lack of interest in how the front end looks, works, doesn't work, on IBM's part.  They certainly have the resources and capabilities, or at least one would think.  They just don't care.

Offline WSWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2019, 06:03:21 PM »
The fact that the old WU site (when it's up) shows all of the data with all of the decimal precision is a clear indicator that WU's data back end ingestion is working great. The only major problem I see is in displaying the data they took in. So it's a front end problem only.

You're forgetting one important thing:  Your data is their product.  They aggregate all this PWS data and sell it for a lot of money so of course they pay attention to that.  Displaying it "for free" on a public website they really aren't interested in is, however, not a "product". Weather.com is that part of their business.  The WU front end is not a revenue center for them and it exists now solely as eye candy.  Stale, musty-tasting candy.

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2019, 06:24:29 PM »
The fact that the old WU site (when it's up) shows all of the data with all of the decimal precision is a clear indicator that WU's data back end ingestion is working great. The only major problem I see is in displaying the data they took in. So it's a front end problem only.

You're forgetting one important thing:  Your data is their product.  They aggregate all this PWS data and sell it for a lot of money so of course they pay attention to that.  Displaying it "for free" on a public website they really aren't interested in is, however, not a "product". Weather.com is that part of their business.  The WU front end is not a revenue center for them and it exists now solely as eye candy.  Stale, musty-tasting candy.

No, I'm not forgetting that. I just didn't say it this time. I've said it before...we are the product and not the customer....you are totally correct in that. Still just having 5 or 10 of us boycott WU isn't going to accomplish anything. If anyone wants to talk boycott it will only work if they properly organize it and spread the message in the right effective manner.

Same thing holds true for voting 3rd party. That might make you feel good and it may seem like an optimistic thing to do and you might say, "if everyone that was outraged just thought and acted like me."...but no, you are just throwing your vote away, or worse you are helping the wrong side most likely.
Tele-Pole

Offline captainjackfan58

• Acurite Atlas/w/ Acurite Access
    • BloomSky SKY and Storm PWS Live Info With Cam
« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2019, 06:37:21 PM »
I wish my Netgear Arlo would allow me to send pictures to WU I need to figure out how to do this, I now it would have to have a username and password to access my camera. I hope Arlo will get this so I can send my live feed to WU or something I even have the meteotemplate and he has 2 .php blocks that would work on my website but the Arlo is the problem. He told me he would need a .php script for that camera so he could convert it into a block and I could load from there on the website not WU. That is a separate issue. Regardless I am just using it for a security cam now. I wanted it for weather but oh well?
Eye On The Sky Live Hyper-Local Weather Station

Join My Facebook Weather Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/600853683742496/

Here Is My (WU) Live Weather Station Information!
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KOHNAPOL51

Here Is My Bloomsky Sky And Storm
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KOHNAPOL56

Here Is My Bloomsky Live Cam And Timelapse Please Feel Free To Follow Me.

https://map.bloomsky.com/weather-stations/faBiuZWsq6eqn5ij

This is my Acurite Atlas Live Station!
https://www.myacurite.com/#/dashboard

anything