Author Topic: downloading data to software, IP datalogger  (Read 1191 times)

Offline Adam Dragula

downloading data to software, IP datalogger
« on: October 12, 2018, 01:53:17 PM »
Hello everyone, I have my davis vantage pro 2 station with weatherlink software 2 years now and since 1.9., I am sending data to weatherlink.com and wunderground.com via TCP/IP communication (previously, I had been using USB communication). I have never had problems to download data  through USB port, some problems occured after I changed to TCP/IP, but after few errors, it always finally worked. However, yesterday I came home after 22 days and I want to download data to my software, so I go to set communication and there in the window, I want to find my device in option Local ID. And software is not able to find my device, although it is only 20 cm away from the notebook. Sending data has worked all the time I had been away, I got no problems with that. But I dont understand this problem. I have got 3 years long data from every 5-10 minutes and now, it looks like it doesnt work anymore. I would be really thankfull for every small help.

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
Re: downloading data to software, IP datalogger
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 02:04:11 PM »
Without going into more detailed troubleshooting it's difficult to know why the software cannot contact the logger locally.

But assuming that the logger is continuing to upload to weatherlink.com successfully then why not download the archive records from there - it's much faster and usually more robust. You just need to set the download type to 'web download'. Then it does depend whether you're still on v1.0 of weatherlink.com or have migrated to 2.0:

1.0: Use your username for the station identifier

2.0: Use the logger DID as the station identifier
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline Adam Dragula

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2018, 06:11:38 AM »
Even this option doesn't work. I first tried it writing my username, then logger DID, none of that works. Password is 100% correct, I checked that.

Offline Adam Dragula

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2018, 06:13:10 AM »
It is writing an error: Invalid account information although it is 100% correct.

Offline Adam Dragula

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2018, 06:15:47 AM »
Oh I am sorry, I ve been writing O instead of zero. I am an idiot. Thank you very much though.
Edit: How can I change archive interval? While loading data this way, I cannot change that in software. Is it possible to change on my account on weatherlink.com?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 06:21:23 AM by Adam Dragula »

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2018, 06:48:06 AM »
To change the archive interval you need to talk to the logger direct across the network - can't do it via wl.com.

But, assuming that you're able to download fully up-to-date data from wl.com then that would suggest that the logger is functioning perfectly well on the network, so it's a bit odd that the local WL software can't find the logger.

Presumably you are definitely on the same subnet of the network as the logger - nothing has changed in this regard?

So, just say/try again please. If you switch the local WL Communications Port to TCP/IP | Local Device ID and hit the Find button then what error message do you see?
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline Adam Dragula

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2018, 10:30:26 AM »
It says, DEVICE NOT FOUND. Everytime.

Offline Adam Dragula

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2018, 10:32:48 AM »
So again, how can I change the interval? On wunderground I still got 5 minutes long interval, I paid for this interval when I was setting WLIP logger.

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2018, 10:54:31 AM »
Hopefully you have not made any change to the port number that the IP logger is using?

Download a free network scanner like AngryIP and scan your network for the IP logger to check its IP address.
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK