Author Topic: Need help with Meteobridge Camera  (Read 899 times)

Offline Adrian23

• Forecaster
Need help with Meteobridge Camera
« on: June 05, 2024, 11:55:45 AM »
Hi guys, quick question how often does the meteobridge cam link update is it 5 minutes? Also if i were to add a link to a page on my website will it refresh on its own or do you have to manually refresh with your browser? I would like to be able to add it in a way to were it either refreshes on its own or its live. Was not to sure about this. My cam is the reolink RLC-510A.

When i enter this text in my cam section in the external picture area were it says URL: it will not load anything current.  :sad:

http://my ip adresss/cgi-bin/api.Snap&channel=0&rs=wuuPhkmUCeI9WG7C&user=admin&password=my password

I verified my IP address of the cam is correct

This is what i get when i click on the "cam INTERNET image" inside meteobridge. I don' understand what i am doing wrong.

When i click on the + TEXT image all i get is na old cam image before i took it down a few months back. For some reason it will not load anything current. Camera is working viewing it on my phone.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2024, 10:34:08 AM by Adrian23 »

Offline Adrian23

• Forecaster
Re: Meteobridge Camera
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2024, 07:21:26 PM »
This is the error i am getting tonight.

Error: Camera URL not providing data: http:// my IP address/cgi-bin/api.cgi?cmd=Snap&channel=0&rs=wuuPhkmUCeI9WG7C&user=admin&password=my password

i have double checked once again the ip address of the cam is correct and the password to my meteobridge is correct. No luck
« Last Edit: June 05, 2024, 11:01:45 PM by Adrian23 »

Offline Adrian23

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2024, 10:15:03 AM »
 Error: in meteobridge... Camera URL not providing data:

Trying again this morning when it opens i get this black screen or when i click on the (+text) i get an old image from when i had the cam up not the current live.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2024, 10:27:31 AM by Adrian23 »

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
    • My PWS at Leuven Belgium Europe
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2024, 10:34:41 AM »

Error: Camera URL not providing data: http:// my IP address/cgi-bin/api.cgi?cmd=Snap&channel=0&rs=wuuPhkmUCeI9WG7C&user=admin&password=my password

i have double checked once again the ip address of the cam is correct and the password to my meteobridge is correct. No luck

The error message seems clear.  When your Meteobridge uses the URL you type, the camera does not respond with an image.

Probable causes:
  • A  typing error in the URL or in the password.
  • Your meteobridge is nopt in the same (sub) network as your camera
You should test the url in your browser.

Succes,
Wim

Offline Adrian23

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2024, 10:46:25 AM »

The error message seems clear.  When your Meteobridge uses the URL you type, the camera does not respond with an image.

Probable causes:
  • A  typing error in the URL or in the password.
  • Your meteobridge is nopt in the same (sub) network as your camera
You should test the url in your browser.

Succes,
Wim

Hi Wim, thanks for your reply! this is the url i am using. What is the exact text i need to paste into the " external picture URL" section?

http://IP ADDRESS/cgi-bin/api.cgi?cmd=Snap&channel=0&rs=wuuPhkmUCeI9WG7C&useradmin&password=METEOBRIDGE PASSWORD

Yes to both in bold are correct but what about the rest?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2024, 10:53:29 AM by Adrian23 »

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2024, 11:30:54 AM »
. . .

Hi Wim, thanks for your reply! this is the url i am using. What is the exact text i need to paste into the " external picture URL" section?
. . .
You have to check your webcam documentation.
There you find the URL of your webcam camera image.
If there is a password needed it should be the password to acces the cameranot the password of your meteobridge.

As said before, you should first test the URL in your browser. If the URL returns a correct camera image in your browser
-> then you can copy that URL to your Meteobnridge -> " external picture URL" 

Succes,
Wim

Offline Adrian23

• Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2024, 12:05:15 PM »
. . .

. . .
You have to check your webcam documentation.
There you find the URL of your webcam camera image.
If there is a password needed it should be the password to acces the cameranot the password of your meteobridge.

As said before, you should first test the URL in your browser. If the URL returns a correct camera image in your browser
-> then you can copy that URL to your Meteobnridge -> " external picture URL" 

Succes,
Wim

Tried both no luck. Really not sure i know the IP is correct and my password and user which is admin. I have been using this article which explains how to do it but not sure if i am using the format or text adding it to the meteobridge. Had this working before not sure whats the issue now. Thx for your help

https://support.reolink.com/hc/en-us/articles/360007011233-How-to-Capture-Live-JPEG-Image-of-Reolink-Cameras-via-Web-Browsers/
« Last Edit: June 06, 2024, 12:06:57 PM by Adrian23 »

Offline Adrian23

• Forecaster
Re: Need help with Meteobridge Camera
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2024, 12:07:35 PM »
If someone can provide an example of the text that goes into meteobridge it would be very helpful.

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2024, 01:24:20 PM »
If someone can provide an example of the text that goes into meteobridge it would be very helpful.

Hi,

The text to use with a meteobridge is exactly the same as viewing a still image in a browser.
So you have to find in the documentation the URL to view a webcam-image for your camera inside your home
when you are inside your home and using a browser like Chrome.

You can ask the Reolink support or the vendor.

Succes,
Wim

Offline Adrian23

• Forecaster
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2024, 01:39:34 PM »

Hi,

The text to use with a meteobridge is exactly the same as viewing a still image in a browser.
So you have to find in the documentation the URL to view a webcam-image for your camera inside your home
when you are inside your home and using a browser like Chrome.

You can ask the Reolink support or the vendor.

Succes,
Wim

Even tried following this thread but no luck.

https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=38929.0