Author Topic: Access Not Reporting  (Read 1031 times)

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
Access Not Reporting
« on: November 18, 2023, 01:28:28 PM »
Anyone else have their access stop reporting to Wunderground? Mine stopped several times today, and now isn't reporting for 15 minutes. ](*,) Edit, just that fast it started again. It may stop again...

Offline wags1

Re: Access Not Reporting
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2023, 10:09:35 AM »
No problems here. What sensor?

Offline daman

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2023, 11:10:07 AM »
No problems with 2 of mine.
KMIBADAX38
AcuRite Iris/AcuRite Access

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2023, 11:50:45 AM »
It hasn't happened again. I'm not sure what caused it. I went back with an Iris. I disconnected my Atlas. I could not keep the signal. It kept dropping off for no reason, and also the anemometer reads too low. I have better luck with an Iris.

Offline wags1

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2023, 12:01:45 PM »
For your Atlas, I struggled for some time when I replaced my Iris with an Atlas. Same sort of issues, constant disconnects and other random problems. AcuRite support replaced my WiFi display twice and even shipped me a new Atlas. Nothing really helped but when I went back to using my old Access for sending weather data things definitely improved but I still would experience occasional disconnects from both my Access and my WiFi displays as well as complete disconnects, that appeared to be dead batteries,  but could be resolved by just removing and reinstalling the batteries. Fast forward to a few months ago when I broke down and purchased the remote battery pack on a whim. Lo and behold all the issues completely stopped. It has functioned perfectly ever since I started using the remote battery pack. My guess, and I can’t really prove anything, is that there is something fundamentally wrong with the battery compartment in the Atlas either with the way it is wired or something else. Net is anyone that is having similar issues with the Atlas should try using the remote battery pack. Honestly IMO AcuRite should supply all Atlas owners with the remote battery pack at no charge.

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2023, 11:07:21 AM »
There is something wrong with the boards on the Atlas. Mine were free, so I'm not complaining too much. Also the batteries run out about every six months. The Iris batteries last over a year, even sometimes 2 years.

Offline wags1

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2023, 01:32:40 PM »
Next time your batteries run out on your Atlas take them out and check them with a multimeter. I too thought the Atlas was using up batteries until I decided to test them and noticed the batteries were actually fine. That is how I discovered that all you had to do was remove the batteries and reinstall them and it would start working again and it wasn’t really the batteries but the Atlas/battery compartment/board/connections/whatever that was really the problem. That is what prompted me to get the remote battery pack which, like I mentioned, solved the problems. Of course YMMV.

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2023, 02:11:46 PM »
My batteries run down about every 6 months in the ATlas, even when the solar panels are in the hot summer sun. To me, this is too often, and I could not hold a signal consistently either.