Author Topic: Setra 470 Transducer  (Read 550 times)

Offline TheBushPilot

• Contributor
  • Calibration Technician
Setra 470 Transducer
« on: July 30, 2023, 11:08:38 PM »
I know this is a complete shot in the dark and the likelihood of someone knowing the answer is near zero but I figured I would give it a shot anyway:

I've got this Setra 470 pressure transducer that I received about a year ago. In trying to configure it, I managed to mess up the internal programming. With the jumper enabled it would communicate in a limited manner but when the jumper was removed it would seize communications. Only today was I able to somewhat cobble the programming back together into a semi functional state through trial and error. Doing so however has seemed to lock me out of the non-volatile memory access such that when I put the jumper in and want to modify non-volatile stored values it returns with "PROTEC" denoting I need to remove the jumper. It does this regardless of whether or not the unit is power cycled or the jumper is applied while power on.

Tempted to call Setra...just need to find time I guess.

I may bring it into work and see if I can't hook it up to a reference standard and maybe get it to start working correctly..?

Any ideas? #-o

"There is — always — more than one thing influencing anything we are trying to measure." ~ Sherman Fredrickson
"Do it right or don't do it at all."

Met Instruments Project
Central Chasers