Author Topic: Nexstorm upload Help  (Read 24018 times)

Offline MesquiteWx

• Forecaster
    • Mesquite Weather
Re: Nexstorm upload Help
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2008, 08:44:53 AM »
Are you looking at the right image?

http://www.texasilweather.com/lightning/nexstorm.png

The one I see is 1018x682 so it is pretty large. I think what you might be seeing that looks distorted is the background map. It looks a little low in quality. Keep in mind though if you look at the strike details on the right side it all looks fine and not distorted at all. I am on a 19" Widescreen HD LCD, do you think it might be your monitor or maybe it is the background map that looks distorted from the low quality of the map?

Offline NiceBill

• Forecaster
  • Texas Township, Illinois
    • Texas Township, Clinton, Illinois 61727  Weather
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2008, 12:35:03 PM »

Changed the map size, is it any better?

Bill.>>>>>>>>>>>>>> :-)
[note: Bill passed away December 31, 2008 -- Rest in Peace Bill, you'll be missed!]

Offline MesquiteWx

• Forecaster
    • Mesquite Weather
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2008, 07:23:49 PM »
I think it looks fine, I thought the other one looked fine. Of course this smaller one will help those in the stone age still using 800x600 resolution.  :lol:

Offline Anthony

• Forecaster
    • Anthony's Weather
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2008, 07:31:49 AM »
Yes I'm looking at the right map. I'm using the link he is providing on his web site. So unless the link is wrong there shouldn't be a problem. My map more than covers the screen when you view it. My map file is as provided by astrogenics. His should be the same. He has aparrently made changes to the map file settings in nexstorm and it's fubared the map. He need to discard the current map fine and go back to the original map file provided to him by astrogenics. The non zoomed map file should be set for a distance of 375 miles not the distance he is using.

Thanks,
Anthony
WB8YUE

Offline MesquiteWx

• Forecaster
    • Mesquite Weather
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2008, 11:41:16 AM »
Does the details on the right look distorted on your end also or just the map? Also what is your screen resolution? If your map is so large it more then covers your screen then the image is to larger or you have a low screen resolution. He also might not be using the same map as you which might be why it looks different to you. Like I said, it looks perfectly fine on my end.

Offline Anthony

• Forecaster
    • Anthony's Weather
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2008, 08:43:42 AM »
Resolution is 1024x768. So if my map is untouched and his is untouced then they sould be identical in size. And it obvoious thats not the case.

Thanks,
Anthony
WB8YUE

Offline MesquiteWx

• Forecaster
    • Mesquite Weather
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2008, 04:45:31 PM »
What does them being untouched have to do with the size? You have the option to output the map in different sizes. If the stats on the left side of the map are showing distorted then it is probably your monitor or browser rendering it differently on your screen. Like I said it looks perfectly fine on my end and no one else has seem to have the same complaint. If it shows up fine on a $300 HD LCD Monitor and a $200 video card then most likely it is something on your end that is causing it.

Offline Anthony

• Forecaster
    • Anthony's Weather
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2008, 07:55:57 AM »
Have ti disagree. If everyone elses maps look fine. Then his should also.

Thanks,
Anthony
WB8YUE

Offline up10ad N9RJH

• USA Weather Finder
  • WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
  • Station will be back up someday...
    • Forecaster without a site
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2008, 11:20:45 AM »
His image is 794x552

His map is an unknown size, but displays properly on my systems, both Mac and Win Vista with Safari, Firefox and IE.  If Anthony is still having issues with seeing it distorted, I bet it is an issue with his cache or system.   
Rick (N9RJH)
Have you joined USAWeatherFinder.com yet?

Offline MesquiteWx

• Forecaster
    • Mesquite Weather
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2008, 05:10:30 PM »
It's a known size, Macs just have a problem determining the size of png's when the cache is not enabled. That wouldn't have anything to do with it anyways with how the image is rendered...

Offline up10ad N9RJH

• USA Weather Finder
  • WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2008, 05:34:17 PM »
What I was trying to say is the IMAGE is a known size, it is 749x552.  The MAP (the portion of the image that is the map) is an unknown size size it is located on his PC and is made part of the IMAGE by Nexstorm.  Both my Mac and PC show the IMAGE size the same, and both display it fine.  Hence, I agree with you that his settings are fine and the display issue lies with Anthony's system.
Rick (N9RJH)

Offline MesquiteWx

• Forecaster
    • Mesquite Weather
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2008, 06:55:14 PM »
The MAP (the portion of the image that is the map) is an unknown size size it is located on his PC and is made part of the IMAGE by Nexstorm.

It is? That image is on his server not on his local. Like I was trying to say, it's a known size, Macs just have a problem determining the size of png's when the cache is not enabled. See below:

Offline up10ad N9RJH

• USA Weather Finder
  • WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2008, 07:26:21 PM »
I wasn't making myself clear I guess.  By size I mean DIMENSION, which is what might make it distorted.  The file size in bytes is totally immaterial to whether it displays correctly, but the dimension is not.  I was trying to say that the map portion of the displayed image is obtained through a setting in Nexstorm and we do not know the dimension or size of that file, but it probably doesn't matter anyway.  If he is using a vector map file purchased from Nexstorm it will display properly regardless of dimensions. 
Rick (N9RJH)

Offline racenet

• Forecaster
    • NH Weather Data
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2008, 08:07:57 PM »
Rick,

I do believe he is running NexStorm in 800x600 display mode.

Bob
www.theamericanflagstore.com - The American Flag Store

www.nhweatherdata.com - NH Weather Data

Offline MesquiteWx

• Forecaster
    • Mesquite Weather
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2008, 10:55:16 PM »
His image is 794x552

His map is an unknown size, but displays properly on my systems, both Mac and Win Vista with Safari, Firefox and IE.  If Anthony is still having issues with seeing it distorted, I bet it is an issue with his cache or system.   

Now I am really confused.... :?

Offline NiceBill

• Forecaster
  • Texas Township, Illinois
    • Texas Township, Clinton, Illinois 61727  Weather
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2008, 11:25:30 PM »

I am running it at 800x600.  I don't know why it shows up at 749x552?

I did have it on autosize, however my neighbor did say the text was blurry, Anthony said the map was distorted and it was recommended that I run the image -map- at 800x800. but the only choice I have is the 800x600. 
My neighbor says the image is 100% clear on his monitor. however Anthony says it is still distorted.  Anthony, something is wrong on your end I think.
Anyone else see it distorted??  I haven't done anything else with it yet.

Bill.>>>>>>>>>>>>> :-)
[note: Bill passed away December 31, 2008 -- Rest in Peace Bill, you'll be missed!]

Offline MesquiteWx

• Forecaster
    • Mesquite Weather
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2008, 05:25:49 AM »
Anthony, something is wrong on your end I think.

I think so too...

Anyone else see it distorted??  I haven't done anything else with it yet.

Perfectly clear on my end and looks fine to me.

Offline George Richardson

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • Smith Mountain Lake Weather
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2008, 08:09:18 AM »
Crystal clear here, Bill. Site coming along nicely.

George

Offline Cienega32

• Forecaster
    • East Mesa Weather
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2008, 03:52:22 PM »
Just my 2 cents - clear for me (1280x1024) as well - small... but clear from corner to corner.

Pat ~ Davis VP2 6153-Weatherlink-Weather Display-StartWatch-VirtualVP-Win7 Pro-64bit
www.LasCruces-Weather.com   www.EastMesaWeather.com

Offline up10ad N9RJH

• USA Weather Finder
  • WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2008, 11:05:38 AM »
I am running it at 800x600.  I don't know why it shows up at 749x552?

I am also running at 800x600 and mine also shows up at 749x552.  I suspect that it has to do with how it is saved.

It is perfectly clear for me in Safari, IE, Firefox.
Rick (N9RJH)

Offline MesquiteWx

• Forecaster
    • Mesquite Weather
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2008, 12:51:37 PM »
The Nexstorm display mode on the local is 800x600 but the uploaded screen shot is not because of it being cropped so you do not see the menu options at the top and the window borders.

Offline Anthony

• Forecaster
    • Anthony's Weather
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2008, 08:12:51 AM »
Thats just my point. He shouldn't be cropping anything. If he has the nexstorm pointing to the correct image file to be uploaded. There won't be any menus or anything else show up in the uploaded image. Look at mine. Do you see any of that in my map image? Of course not.

Thanks,
Anthony
WB8YUE

Offline up10ad N9RJH

• USA Weather Finder
  • WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2008, 08:33:39 AM »
Anthony, he isn't cropping it. Nexstorm is cropping out the menu and borders, and creating an image that is slightly smaller than 800x600.  My system does the same thing.  It is only a full 800x600 on the local screen WITH the menu and borders.
Rick (N9RJH)

Offline MesquiteWx

• Forecaster
    • Mesquite Weather
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2008, 04:26:22 PM »
k6dyc is correct, Nexstorm crops the image before it is uploaded for better web presentation. No we don't see any of that on yours, or his, or anyone else's ether because that is what it is suppose to do. So where is the problem? You are running your display mode at 1024x768 but if you look at your image it is 1018x682 because Nexstorm crops it before it is uploaded. So I am not sure as to what point it is you are trying to make.

Offline Anthony

• Forecaster
    • Anthony's Weather
« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2008, 07:47:27 AM »
Let's just consider this topic closed. I know what I'm seeing. The text on the right on his map is not clear. Mine and everyone elses is. If there was something wrong on my end. Then everyons map including mine would be messed up. But like I say. I consider this topic closed and would request that one of the moderators lock it.

Thanks,
Anthony
WB8YUE

anything