Author Topic: Talking with an Infant  (Read 1459 times)

Offline yamiacaveman

• Forecaster
    • Penn Lake Weather
Talking with an Infant
« on: July 26, 2022, 08:02:10 AM »
With the wifilogger 2 it is suppose to upload directly to your server?

So as my post title indicates, (talking with an infant) can anyone tell me what options I have to get a web page up and running without a computer, and please no meteobridge or raspberryPi talk. I understand I can use services like Windy.com or Weatherlink and so on, but are there other templates available like PWS_dashboard or a way to use my existing WD software to upload to my server, if possible and if simple?

Just looking for options, simple and easy, for an Infant, I was going to use Talking with a "Kid" but realized a lot of kids today would run circles around me, and infant would describe my mental state better than kid.

Thanks for any suggestions or directions!

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
Re: Talking with an Infant
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2022, 10:31:43 AM »
Hi,
Yes, WiFiLogger can sent a realtime.txt to your remote http://www.komokaweather.com/wifi-console/realtime.txt

This is a site using that realtime.txt http://komokaweather.com/pws-wfl/
You would need a computer to initially upload the template files to your remote.

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline yamiacaveman

• Forecaster
    • Penn Lake Weather
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2022, 11:34:28 AM »
Thanks for the reply MyPaul,
One of the reasons I asked for options is because when I went to the PWS_ It says:

Downloads: Due to multiple unpleasent experiences, the downloads for new users are halted indefinitely.

So I'm out of luck there.

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2022, 12:25:59 PM »
I presume you went to Brian's (weather34) earlier site... Ken True took that on for CumulusMX a while ago https://cumulus.hosiene.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=153898#p153898 and there is a link to the github download.

It has been a while since I set up the template with WiFiLogger and in the CU-HWS easyweathersetup.php settings I just pointed to the path where the WiFiLogger realtime.txt file is located.  As best as I can recall I used that CU-HWS template as is, with my own modifications.  It should work as a stand-alone.

Enjoy,
Paul

« Last Edit: July 26, 2022, 12:27:59 PM by PaulMy »

Offline yamiacaveman

• Forecaster
    • Penn Lake Weather
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2022, 12:59:28 PM »
Thanks MyPaul!!!!!!

Got it, hopefully I can get it set up in a few days.

Again thanks!!!

Offline yamiacaveman

• Forecaster
    • Penn Lake Weather
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2022, 12:59:55 PM »
Or PaulMY, sorry.

anything