Author Topic: Is it me?  (Read 649 times)

Offline awsum140

• Forecaster
Is it me?
« on: January 27, 2020, 02:46:52 PM »
Is it me or has WU, once again, worked on the PWS page and reduced the map and current conditions pane sizes?  I have to admit, that if they have, it looks a heck of a lot better without all that wasted space but there's still enough room, blank space, in the current conditions to handle highs and lows for temp and wind speed.
If it's not a Boerboel it's just a dog.

Offline WSWeather

• Forecaster
Re: Is it me?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2020, 03:46:06 PM »
I long ago "edited" the page using uBlock Origin to get rid of all the extraneous nonsense.  Since then I have found myself going to the page less and less and really have little use for it should they come to their senses and reinstate something that resembles the format from several years ago which provided all the information in one screen.

If I have a moment later I'll take a look with uBlock turned off but I doubt it'll change my mind about WU.

Offline Mabcmb

• My WU page
  • Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2020, 05:24:56 PM »
Is it me or has WU, once again, worked on the PWS page and reduced the map and current conditions pane sizes?  I have to admit, that if they have, it looks a heck of a lot better without all that wasted space but there's still enough room, blank space, in the current conditions to handle highs and lows for temp and wind speed.

Yes it's just you  \:D/ :lol: :lol: :lol: . I haven't noticed and difference once logged in . Now if not logged in I notices a tad more floating  ads and less info space .
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 05:27:49 PM by Mabcmb »

Offline awsum140

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2020, 05:35:34 PM »
Well, I'm logged in (just double checked) and the map and current conditions boxes are smaller today than yesterday.  I'm using Opera 66.0.3515.44 and it hasn't updated in a few months, anyway, so I'm sure that didn't change.  Now, back to scratching my head....

Edit - I interrupted head scratching and tried Chrome, 32bit Pale Moon, Torch and Edge.  All display the smaller tiles for current conditions and the map.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 06:37:53 PM by awsum140 »
If it's not a Boerboel it's just a dog.

anything