Miscellaneous Debris > Chit-Chat

SLOweather is still SLOweather, but now in Moline, IL!

(1/2) > >>

SLOweather:
Hi All,

Reggie, my divorce dog, and I landed in Moline on Sunday, August 31.

On Tuesday, the 18th, my Avalanche left on a transporter. On Friday, the 21st (our 38th wedding anniversary...), the movers came and packed up all of my stuff, including furniture, boxes and more boxes, Kawasaki Mule and trailer, and 17' canoe. We left Saturday, the 22nd in the motorhome.

The furniture was delivered to my new house on Tuesday, the 25th. As Reggie and I were still on the road in AZ, my interior decorator (a profession I never though I'd use) was there to supervise the unloading and direct furniture placement. After that, until we arrived, Vicki opened boxes, bought things, and staged the house.

The Avalanche arrived on Friday, the 29th.

So, when we arrived, my truck was in the garage, and I walked in to a fully furnished downstairs and master bedroom. The house felt like home, even though I had yet to live there. I was in tears... She'd even made the bed, so we could sleep in the house that night, rather than the motorhome.

Twelve days later, we are settling in and getting used to life in the Midwest. Early in the week, I got my new VP2 Plus installed and a WiFi Logger set up, so http://weatherelement.com/moline is now on-line.

We've had some rocking t-storms earlier in the week, and rain off and on for days. It's quite a change from the mess we left in CA.

Chris

the beteljuice:
Hi Chris ...
Sounds like "the move" went well  =D>

Now you've got to change your forum profile  ;)

PaulMy:
Hi Chris,
Sounds like well organized... and like your prioritizing...  deal with the issues, safe and comfort, and weather station!

I remember driving through the Quad Cities over 50 years ago to pick up some construction equipment in Cedar Rapids, IA

Enjoy,
Paul

floodcaster:
Welcome to the midwest. You're about 115 miles due west of me. You missed the derecho. But seriously, best of luck. I'll watch your site for wx headed my way.

BrianLehan:
Hey there - I spent a lot of time in SLO when the Performing Arts Center and Athletics at Cal-Poly-SLO was a client of mine in the late 80's early 90's. Nice town, good food and great people. I ate way too many strawberries at the Apple Farm Inn for sure over the years, and maybe their ice cream as well.

Glad to see you landed safely, and are back on line.

Brian

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version