Author Topic: New WD lightning tag  (Read 820 times)

Offline jgillett

• Forecaster
  • Boltek, Win7 Pro, ToA
    • TiggrWeather Phoenix
New WD lightning tag
« on: November 04, 2013, 08:21:17 PM »
For those who may be doing their own thing with regard to lightning strikes, I just got the following info from Brian (sent yesterday, actually)...

the latest update of WD has the lightning date stamp set to reflect the date format (mth/day switch) set in WD now
(will update next lightning strike )

Posted here because of the tags use in other script(s).

Just FYI...
John
W7JKG

Offline Bunty

• Forecaster
  • Stillwater, home of Oklahoma State University
    • Welcome to Stillwater Weather
Re: New WD lightning tag
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 09:29:33 PM »
For those who may be doing their own thing with regard to lightning strikes, I just got the following info from Brian (sent yesterday, actually)...

the latest update of WD has the lightning date stamp set to reflect the date format (mth/day switch) set in WD now
(will update next lightning strike )

Posted here because of the tags use in other script(s).

Just FYI...

Cool.  Now is there a setting somewhere that can be made to ignore single flashes, like that coming from my light switches?  Otherwise, my page is going to have false readings all the time.

Also the 2nd home page using modified AltDashboard 6.95 at http://stillwaterweather.com/2ndhome.php

Offline jgillett

• Forecaster
  • Boltek, Win7 Pro, ToA
    • TiggrWeather Phoenix
Re: New WD lightning tag
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 10:20:27 PM »
Cool.  Now is there a setting somewhere that can be made to ignore single flashes, like that coming from my light switches?  Otherwise, my page is going to have false readings all the time.

Spikes like that should come up as noise rather than an actual strike - at least that's my understanding. As far as an actual setting for that, not that I am aware.
John
W7JKG