Author Topic: Homepage Corruption When Adding Aerisweather  (Read 427 times)

Offline R1ch1ew

• Upper Caldecote Weather
Homepage Corruption When Adding Aerisweather
« on: April 24, 2020, 01:17:54 PM »
Hi,

I've added Aerisweather forecasting successfully to my site.   After adding the new forecast my homepage turned upside down, the full 5 day forecast displays and live weather data from my station is placed at the bottom of the page.  If I uncomment the following for a single forecast source (WXSIM) all returns to normal.

// Uncomment the two lines below to use WXSIM as the ONLY forecast script to use
//$SITE['fcstscript']   = 'plaintext-parser.php';    // WXSIM forecast (if only forecast script)
//$SITE['fcstorg']      = 'WXSIM';    // set to 'WXSIM' for WXSIM forecast

Site is www.upper-caldecote-weather.co.uk, thanks in advance for spotting my silly mistake!

Regards,

Richard

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
Re: Homepage Corruption When Adding Aerisweather
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2020, 03:05:42 PM »
There are other scripts that need update to enable AW-forecast.php to exist peacefully on your site.  See http://www.upper-caldecote-weather.co.uk/check-fetch-times.php?show=versions for details :)
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline R1ch1ew

• Upper Caldecote Weather
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2020, 07:35:05 AM »
Hi, thanks for the reminder.

I updated the files and immediately the page re-formatted correctly, sorry to waste your time.  I must admit, if the site pages work I tend to leave alone hence my Weatherdisplay being a couple of versions behind!

One final question, is there a way of automatically refreshing the page every 15 minutes? I leave the page on in the background and manually refresh to get weather info and forecast  updates, highs and lows during the day.  I know there is a meta refresh in html, is there similar in php? And if so, which script to add it to without breaking my site again...

Thanks again for your assistance and great scripts!!

Richard

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2020, 10:15:47 AM »
Adding a <meta> tag for page refresh in top.php is the way to do what you want.  It is the browser that does the refresh based on the <meta> tag; the PHP on the server can’t cause a ‘push’ to update, only the browser via a ‘pull’ can do that.
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

anything